Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Minnesotans SAY YOUR PIECE!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2001, 04:44 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Minnesotans, say whats on your mind to the commissioner of the DNR. Understand that the DNR is fighting to KEEP our riding areas open, and to expand more. The MRR is fighting to close them.
Email the commissioner at:allen.garber@dnr.state.mn.us
Let him know that we are responsbible riders, and we support the development of new trails. Be professional!!!

Old 02-22-2001, 10:28 AM
Pro Rider

Wow, three days without a response. Looks like the "Greenies" have us on the ropes.

Old 02-22-2001, 10:32 AM
Range Rover

Thor,
I noticed your post as well. It's too bad that there are so many people involved in riding, and so many visitors to this site alone, but the fact that I got no replies (other than yours of course) is a little disheartening. People need to learn to stand up for themselves, and not expect others to do it for them. Fight the good fight, chief!! And thanks for the support!!

Old 02-22-2001, 01:55 PM
Pro Rider

You know, I wonder if it is a part of the "Minnesota Culture". Everybody want's to be so politically correct it is frightening. Nobody really wants to speak their mind without taking an opinion poll first. But... once they feel that they have a consensus you can't shut them up, Like the Minnesotan's for Responsible Recreation etc. etc.

The state is full of women's libers and women's rights activists who want to be equal with men yet be treated like a lady. I will give you a good example.

Last night I went to the Timberwolves game and it was crowded walking down the sidewalk and through the doors to get it. It was every man for himself except the woman behind me. Because I did not have eyes in the back of my head and did not see her I let the door go, (I wasn't in her group) She said, "Well aren't you the gallant one", I said... and kept on walking.

I am sure that this is the same woman who coughs whenever she sees cigarette smoke, and holds her nose whenever she sees a snowmobile, helped to save the trees along Hwy 35, renewed her subscription to the Sierra club, has an Audobahn book on her coffee table, 3 bird feeders, hates guns, but will buy a pellet gun to kill squirrels at her bird feeder, wears a helmet when cycling, AND HAS NO TRAILER HITCH ON HER SUV.
But.... I digress.

I have lived in Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio and Florida and nowhere have I seen a more divided outdoor "community".

In the land of 10,000 lakes it always seems to be the cabin owners vs everybody else.

Hopefully there are few states left in the lower 48 are not like this.

Old 02-22-2001, 04:00 PM
Trailblazer

There is no way they will close down Mn trails there are too many people who use them. I wrote a letter to the greenies myself but I haven't heard back from them yet. Another point is that all the dealerships are fighting to keep these trails open this is where I first found out about the problem. In my own oppinion I think that the same thing that happened in yellowstown will happen in Mn.

2000 scram
hot seat clutch
DG pipe
Renthal bars
Acerbis hand guards
hole shot skid plate
and lots of stickers

Old 02-22-2001, 07:40 PM
Range Rover

I'm going to college in Hibbing now and up here they ride right down the streets. Plus there is a lot of old mining roads. Up in Grand Marais where I live there are lots of people with 4 wheelers but you don't see them get used much. If you go a little ways from Grand Marais to Hovland you can ride on the gravel roads up there, well worth the drive from Grand Marais to Hovland to do that. Our big problem is that we are a main access point to the BWCA. (I hate that place) SO we have plenty of Nature ****'s up there. Snowmobiling is big in the winter though.

Any of you minnesotians know of any 350x or 200x Honda 3 wheelers for sale?

Old 02-25-2001, 01:55 PM
Trailblazer

We need more clubs.I just joined a new club in my area called ZAAC (Zumbro Area ATV Club).I was told there are only about a 100 regestered clubs in M.N.We need more people and clubs to fight to keep the local areas open.So far our club is about 35 members strong.I have met alot of new people and found new rideing areas through the club.Well thats just my 2 cents.
Later TAZ

Old 02-25-2001, 06:01 PM
Range Rover

TAZ250R - Got your reply and I completely agree with you. Thanks for your input. Ironically, I'm a member of a club located in Red Wing, MN. I didn't realize your club was so close in proximity to ours. Sometime this year we should get together. If you think you club, or even yourself and some other riders would be interested, drop me a email at :chris@startech-comp.com

Good luck!!

Old 03-01-2001, 10:46 AM
Trailblazer

TAZ250R(Jary),
Get ahold of me via e-mail. I want to know a little more about this club(ZAAC).

piker_chris@hotmail.com

Old 03-03-2001, 12:44 PM
Trailblazer

Hey Redhot i have tried to mail you 3 times it will not go through. My address is jmsoby@clearlakes.com