Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Little Monadnock Family Trails, NH

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 07:30 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Troyboy68
Im thinking on going with the Hmf swampseries exhaust also,and they do have a nice sound to them,,right now i have the 2r billet tip and that thing is louder than the swamp series,,,well cya on the trails soon
Troy- IMHO- you'll just be throwing money away and end up with a noiser bike. You won't feel any power difference, and the swamp series is louder then my $380 slip-on HMF EcoSeries, and the low bark of my pipe can be heard a mile into the woods.
You should see if my slip-on will fit your pipe, I'd give it to you for $75 (so I can buy a stock pipe again)

Old 12-09-2010, 08:19 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sotto66
Are you coming CtBandit on Sat? Let's ride.

Hey Sotto my skid plates come in next Tuesday so after that I should be good to go riding. One question though...how do you guys stay warm on long rides in these temperatures?

Old 12-09-2010, 08:57 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by CtBandit
One question though...how do you guys stay warm on long rides in these temperatures?
who says anyone stays warm?

Actually heated grips are a must. Beergut goes for the heated socks, but I've never tried them. BG-are they worth it?

Dressing appropriately (many layers) and keeping dry is the best plan. Most of the trails are in deep woods so there is no wind and when you're riding it really doesn't feel all that cold in my opinion.

Old 12-09-2010, 10:29 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wilson911
who says anyone stays warm?

Actually heated grips are a must. Beergut goes for the heated socks, but I've never tried them. BG-are they worth it?

Dressing appropriately (many layers) and keeping dry is the best plan. Most of the trails are in deep woods so there is no wind and when you're riding it really doesn't feel all that cold in my opinion.

Thumb warmer- heated hand grips - electric socks ($30 on ebay- so worth it!)

Wilson's a bear so- he won't freeze like us skinny people and Like wilson said- multiple layers- wool blends over cotton (hit the hunters section at walmart or dick's) and pick up a thin ski mask for under the helmet. Tucking a scarf around your neck and under your chin is super warm, but get a cotton / fleece one because the wool will itch your chin. Also- skip the walmart thinsulate gloves- most of them are only 40gram- spend the extra $$ and grab a quality pair of gloves with 80gram thinsulate, huge difference!

Some people are into the heated seats, but I've never had a cold *** so I don't bother with that.

Old 12-09-2010, 02:45 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by beergut
Troy- IMHO- you'll just be throwing money away and end up with a noiser bike. You won't feel any power difference, and the swamp series is louder then my $380 slip-on HMF EcoSeries, and the low bark of my pipe can be heard a mile into the woods.
You should see if my slip-on will fit your pipe, I'd give it to you for $75 (so I can buy a stock pipe again)
Ya im asking a few guys with the same atv,gonna see if its worth the cash i heard its a 7% increase in horsepower,and the swamp series is the most quiet almost like stock but a deeper tone,and good for water holes,but i'll see,gotta chill out and buy some xmass stuff,,hey dont forget to take pics of the Outty.

Old 12-09-2010, 02:50 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Sotto my skid plates come in next Tuesday so after that I should be good to go riding. One question though...how do you guys stay warm on long rides in these temperatures?
Dont forget the bottle of Crown Royal!!! J/K,, Cabellas got some really nice winter gear,its pricey but nice and warm,,i bought some pinnacle gloves off them,good for 40 below,and a belaclava(spelling sucks) goes nice under the helmet keeps all of the neck warm to.

Old 12-09-2010, 03:17 PM
Pro Rider

Sallyboy you tying to make your girlzlly as loud as my Teryx?

Old 12-09-2010, 05:04 PM
Pro Rider

That's what I am trying to find out on Sat.

Old 12-10-2010, 05:30 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by roadiestar
Sallyboy you tying to make your girlzlly as loud as my Teryx?
Sallyboy?? WTF,, naa yours is to loud,,just looking for more HP.

Old 12-10-2010, 05:35 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by sotto66
That's what I am trying to find out on Sat.
Get a Balaclava,they work well,and dress in heavy layers,oh ya HEATED GRIPS

Quick Reply: Little Monadnock Family Trails, NH