Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Little Monadnock Family Trails, NH

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 06:12 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Troyboy68
just looking for more HP.
Troy- have you checked into upgrading your throttle body EFI to increase your HP? This one on ebay should fit yours- you can send it out and have it bored maybe a few mm larger... you'd probably have to reprogram your efi map, or get a chip. I dunno, just thinking of bolt on performance parts. Can bore your cylinder, add a nitrous fogger or even a turbo (sell them on ebay for atv's )

2009 700 YAMAHA GRIZZLY THROTTLE BODY EFI - eBay (item 220700980511 end time Dec-23-10 10:01:36 PST)

Also- what about a clutch kit- they make a huge difference on how your atv performs with larger then stock tires on it.

Old 12-10-2010, 06:21 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Clutching should help a lot with bigger tires. It made a huge difference on mine.

Old 12-10-2010, 11:01 AM
Pro Rider

Ya,im gonna check out a few diff things,i dont think i wantto get into boring out stuff and breaking down the engine,,heck maybe i'll sell it and get the Rene 800 xxc!

Old 12-10-2010, 01:10 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Troyboy68
Ya,im gonna check out a few diff things,i dont think i wantto get into boring out stuff and breaking down the engine,,heck maybe i'll sell it and get the Rene 800 xxc!
Troyboy do you have a fuel controller? If so what kind and how do you like it?

I have the Copperhead VDI ECU that was already installed on my bike when I bought it, and I'll be interested to see if it actually adds anything or if its just hocus pocus. I guess when we put our bikes side by side we could probably compare so I'm looking forward to it. I am driving up to NH tomorrow to get my registration and after I get my skid plates this Tuesday I will be good to go.

Old 12-10-2010, 02:46 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by CtBandit
Troyboy do you have a fuel controller? If so what kind and how do you like it?

I have the Copperhead VDI ECU that was already installed on my bike when I bought it, and I'll be interested to see if it actually adds anything or if its just hocus pocus. I guess when we put our bikes side by side we could probably compare so I'm looking forward to it. I am driving up to NH tomorrow to get my registration and after I get my skid plates this Tuesday I will be good to go.
Nope,but i was told by my mechanic that i'll need one when i upgrade the exhaust,,i also joined Grizzly.com you can ask tons of ppl questions on there Grizzlys,there very helpful,,cuz i dont know squat on alot of this stuff, cool looks like we'll be riding soon,

Old 12-11-2010, 07:58 PM
Pro Rider

OK. We are back from LMFT. It was excellent ride guys. We did some 60 miles. Perfect weather, lots of ice everywhere. Lot of fun. Hope, we are coming back soon. I can't wait already.

Old 12-11-2010, 10:15 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by CtBandit
Hey Sotto my skid plates come in next Tuesday so after that I should be good to go riding. One question though...how do you guys stay warm on long rides in these temperatures?
Now, I know what I need to stay warm. Neck protection. I bought one from Walmart for $9.98 (Remington) Very good boots, insulated. Cabelas $119. Wind proof jacket and pants. Gloves.(Columbia at Cabelas $19). I didn't feel cold at all.
I just canceled an order for heated grips.

Old 12-12-2010, 06:46 AM
Pro Rider

Yep another fun ride at LMFT!! that ice was pretty wild stuff,,really had to slow it down, we did about 60miles in 5 hrs,, ohh yaaa! cant wait for the next cruise.

Old 12-12-2010, 06:49 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by sotto66
Now, I know what I need to stay warm. Neck protection. I bought one from Walmart for $9.98 (Remington) Very good boots, insulated. Cabelas $119. Wind proof jacket and pants. Gloves.(Columbia at Cabelas $19). I didn't feel cold at all.
I just canceled an order for heated grips.
Just make sure there Breathable so you dont sweat alot Helmet with shield works good too.

Old 12-12-2010, 09:03 AM
Pro Rider

Roadie, I am so impressed, how agile is your machine. It goes everywhere. I couldn't believe it. WOW. Nice ride.

Quick Reply: Little Monadnock Family Trails, NH