Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Little Monadnock Family Trails, NH

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 02:58 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

I've been up to Bear Brook. The 15th was my last trip up there. It was that kind of snow that had very little adhesion so 4wd was a must. Even got to take a nighttime ride. Started snowing and between the heat of my face, the snow and the cold air, ice started forming on my glasses. Anyone have a full face 4x helmet they want to sell my fat head?

Old 01-19-2011, 04:14 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
Anyone have a full face 4x helmet they want to sell my fat head?
your head isn't fat moose! its just the antlers getting in the way

Old 01-19-2011, 05:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
I've been up to Bear Brook. The 15th was my last trip up there. It was that kind of snow that had very little adhesion so 4wd was a must. Even got to take a nighttime ride. Started snowing and between the heat of my face, the snow and the cold air, ice started forming on my glasses. Anyone have a full face 4x helmet they want to sell my fat head?
Hi moose,,hey how many miles are there in Bear Brook?? are they well groomed? thanks. p.s. i like your vids on Jericho, deff going this spring

Old 01-19-2011, 06:34 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Originally Posted by Troyboy68
Hi moose,,hey how many miles are there in Bear Brook?? are they well groomed? thanks. p.s. i like your vids on Jericho, deff going this spring
Thanks on the kudos. I think there is somewhere around 20 miles or so, give or take. We went back to the parking lot for hot chocolate and dinner and two of us went back out into the dark. Before dinner riding was kind of in ruts in the snow with a lot of sliding around due to the very dry snow. After dinner the groomer had come through and it was actually much tougher. There was snow pushed into the ruts and it was a little tougher to negotiate. I think with the wet snow and rain today the conditions will improve if they groom it over the next couple of days and make hard pack. Of course, this could change with more snow coming on Friday.

Old 01-19-2011, 06:37 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Almost forgot. Here is a map of the trails up there. Parking is up in the upper left of the map. You need to take exit 9 off of 93 and go East through Hooksett. If you have a GPS and put in Bear Brook State Park in Allenstown, NH it will get you in the general area. You have to park in the snowmobile parking area.

Attached Thumbnails Little Monadnock Family Trails, NH-bearbrook-winter.jpg  
Old 01-20-2011, 03:31 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks Moose,deff have to check that out too,,gonna wait till it stops snowing for a while,i did 25 miles by my house and all i did was a bunch of tire spinning and sliding around and that was following snow sled trails.Its to bad we lived closer to Specta lol,now hes got some trails.

Old 01-21-2011, 04:36 PM
Pro Rider

Man,all this free time and i cant even ride my trails because theres to much darn snow,this sucks! im hoping some snow sleds ride tomorrow to pack it down.

Old 01-21-2011, 04:39 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Troyboy68
Man,all this free time and i cant even ride my trails because theres to much darn snow,this sucks! im hoping some snow sleds ride tomorrow to pack it down.
I hear ya. This snow is killing me.

Old 01-21-2011, 04:43 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by wilson911
I hear ya. This snow is killing me.
Ya i just rode down the road to see if i could enter a trail (cuz theres no way i can threw my back yard)and the plow trucks made huge piles in front more snow coming tuesday wenday could be a big one

Old 01-21-2011, 05:56 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

We got another 8" of fluff here. Imagine it's about the same in Allenstown at Bear Brook. I'm not going up this weekend as it's supposed to be in the teens. Last year, I was up there when it was around 18. It was before heated grips and my hands felt like they were ready to fall off. And that was with my best ski gloves that I never had cold hands in. My wife has the 31st off and we may go for a ride if the weather is decent. Not sue about the 29th. I may be at a birthday party.

Quick Reply: Little Monadnock Family Trails, NH