Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Little Monadnock Family Trails, NH

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 03:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want to ride this weekend but leery of the conditions. No idea what to expect and hate to get all the way up there to find the trails impassable. Anyone else planning on riding?

Old 02-24-2011, 04:18 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Troyboy68
I am if everyone else is,,just wondering what kind of storm will we be getting rain or snow or both gonna be real slickery sat
I'm out for this weekend guys- got too much going on

maybe next weekend!

Old 02-24-2011, 04:32 PM
Pro Rider

I'm definitely still in unless everybody else bails. I think I may throw the ATV tire chains in my truck just in case... Sure does look like we can expect some icy trails.

When you guys go on a ride like this what do you normally bring ? Any must-haves ? Bring lunch or stop someplace to eat ?

I rigged a redneck cargo box (read: igloo cooler & ratchet ties) on my bike today and I think it will work OK for now...

I also made my first repair to the king quad in case anybody is interested. I left some slush in the frame of the bike at some point and it froze hard before I next used the quad. This laziness caused one of the CV Joint boots to become all squashed & twisted. It took me a few minutes to figure out that I couldn't pop it back into shape because there was a vacuum in the boot from getting squashed by the ice. I was finally able to pull the small end towards the differential where the half-shaft is smaller. This released the vacuum and I was able to re-shape the boot to it's original form.

Old 02-24-2011, 04:41 PM
Pro Rider

I'm still in. We will see more tomorrow. Looks like it will freeze-up overnight.
But how about roads Sat. morn.??? Update tomorrow.

CNC, you must ask Troy, what to bring for lunch. He is
food-department boss.

Old 02-24-2011, 05:07 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by sotto66
I'm still in. We will see more tomorrow. Looks like it will freeze-up overnight.
But how about roads Sat. morn.??? Update tomorrow.

CNC, you must ask Troy, what to bring for lunch. He is
food-department boss.
Ahh sandwiches sandwiches and more sandwiches!! oh ya,and pack them tight in tupperwear other wise you'll have liquid sandwiches.

Old 02-24-2011, 05:12 PM
Pro Rider

Well the moderator got back to me and said he'll let me know? WTF! he knows where getting 3-6inches so either we can ride or not,so i guess tommorow he'll let me know,i told him i need to get back to you guys before we all start packing up,so we'll see,,but im deff all set, 3-6 isn't bad at all and it will make for some nice pics.

Old 02-24-2011, 05:13 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.

Originally Posted by cncpro
I'm definitely still in unless everybody else bails. I think I may throw the ATV tire chains in my truck just in case... Sure does look like we can expect some icy trails.

When you guys go on a ride like this what do you normally bring ? Any must-haves ? Bring lunch or stop someplace to eat ?

hehehe-

depends on who you ask...

if you're wilson- just 17 bottles of water and a pack of butts-

if you're troy- every food item in the pantry, and every article of clothing in the drawer, and a box of little debbie brownies-

if you're tuan- a tire, tierod, a few extra balljoints, a back brace and a jackknife to use as a tool-

if you're me- a bag of crackerjacks, a ham sammitch (drink wilsons water and eat troys brownies)

Old 02-24-2011, 05:42 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by beergut
hehehe-

depends on who you ask...

if you're wilson- just 17 bottles of water and a pack of butts-

if you're troy- every food item in the pantry, and every article of clothing in the drawer, and a box of little debbie brownies-

if you're tuan- a tire, tierod, a few extra balljoints, a back brace and a jackknife to use as a tool-

if you're me- a bag of crackerjacks, a ham sammitch (drink wilsons water and eat troys brownies)

:l mao::lma o:

Old 02-24-2011, 06:00 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ

Originally Posted by Troyboy68
Ahh sandwiches sandwiches and more sandwiches!! oh ya,and pack them tight in tupperwear other wise you'll have liquid sandwiches.
one of the funniest things I've ever seen - and still makes my eye's water when i think about it- was when troy packed a container with nothing but a pear and a bunch of grapes- when he opened the lid after 2 hours of riding lmft- it looked like someone took a hammer to all his grapes and the pear was all bruised up- He looked so dissappointed

rotflmfao!!!!!

Old 02-24-2011, 06:01 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ

g'nite guys- shower time / bed time

Quick Reply: Little Monadnock Family Trails, NH