Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Need Glamis Suggestions!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 06:43 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Need Glamis Suggestions!

Hey everyone, I'm new to this forum and looking for all info, suggestions, experiences re: ATV riding in Glamis.

We are planning a trip out there in October from Florida for 4-7 days of riding for myself, my husband and another couple. We have only done East Coast trips, this is our first adventure West of the Mississippi!

We have not decided between shipping the ATVs vs. trailering. I see pros and cons to both, and cost is comparable.

Trailering: We have an enclosed car hauler that is a tailgater perfect for camping and we can all comfortably use that. My only concern (besides fuel cost!) is our 2000 F250 making the 5000+ mile round trip without major issues. We've trailered a lot, but this would be the longest trip. We've had our share of water pump, fuel pump and tire failures, but nothing trip ending. With this option, the guys would drive out and us girls would fly out a couple days later (kids at home).

Shipping: we could ship the quads out, all fly out and rent a truck and trailer, and camp or hotel it.

I'm interested in suggestions for best riding for us. This is a long awaited trip and we don't want to miss out on the best Glamis has to offer. We are experienced riders who go ***** to the wall without dying and use full gear, etc. Best campgrounds or hotels? Best experiences and where? Horror stories, places not worth the trouble? Best local eats or dive bar. Closest mechanics. Shipping vs. driving opinions. I've got time, about 5 months to plan so send it to me!

Thanks,
Jenn

Thank you in advance for your help!

Old 05-07-2013, 03:54 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glamis plans update

We are seriously considering all four of us fly out and just rent an RV and ATVs. Seems like there are many companies that will rent almost everything we can't pack in a duffle bag. Still looking for opinions and suggestions! All I hear is crickets!