Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Don't ride alone!! Very unsafe! Read here

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2019, 11:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Love them warmer states south of here, We'll send some snow down there after all that snow melts lol Ohio is becoming the new Florida lol Air fare will be so much cheaper and only take a few min. to fly there lol our new sunshine state lol Oh hell, I'll just walk there and save the $5 air fair, and still get there before dinner.

Old 01-21-2019, 08:04 AM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We got some snow Thursday night but very little. This was heading into town that's 25 miles away and they got nothing.

Here's my humble abode. The week after Christmas it dropped down to -9° every night and never got above 26° for 4 straight days.
The cold and snow don't bother me one bit.

Where I live its supposed to snow 4-7" today and hit 7° Tuesday night.
I'm in Salt Lake doing some volunteer work and its supposed to dump 5-9" here.

Here's how I plow my driveway. That's Geof hooking the plow up to the truck and he'll plow it for me.

Hopefully if we get enough snow where I live this is the plowing I'll be doing Wednesday night.

Right before I hit the submit button I looked outside and its snowing right now. Wasn't supposed to start til this afternoon.
Maybe this is a sign we're going to get dumped on. I sure hope so.

Old 01-21-2019, 09:17 AM
Pro Rider

SPECTA what a great place to live and play, glad to hear your not getting tired of riding, and if you ever get tired of all that gorges looking rocky mountain like way of life, we can trade places, we have MUD, lots and lots of good old, good for nothing MUD, and COLD, and tons of sand, if you love driving for hours up north here to get to it! lol any takers MUD, COLD for rocky mountains? NO, I didn't think so, the only rocks around here are the ones in my head or the tiny little ones out in the driveway, that were possibly from a mountain a billion years ago lol It's 20 below this morning here with wind chill, and snow for a few days until the rains show up from Ohio, where they hate knowing we have more snow than them....so jealous down south of our border here lol
Keep sending those amazingly great pic's Kenny, from out there, it gives us low land'ers here, something to at least dream of! And for your PM, just received.
Thanks, Steve

Old 01-22-2019, 12:34 AM
THE BERMINATOR

I sat around in a robe all weekend because I just didn't want to go outside. Monday afternoon I finally swept the snow off my truck, got Saturday's mail that I already knew was nothing important, and shoveled the two inches of powder off the sidewalk. That sure was some snowstorm. There's a 40% chance of snow and freezing rain Tuesday and 90% chance of more Tuesday night. An accumulation of an inch or 1-3 inches depending on who you listen to. Then it's warming up and there's either a 60% or 80% chance of just plain old rain Wednesday. I may have to shovel a second time this winter. Oh well.

Old 01-22-2019, 08:27 AM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.

Ended up with about 10" here at my brother's house. I was told that I got between 10-12" at my place.
Can't wait to get back home tonight after I get off work here in Salt Lake.
I'm 99.9% sure I'm going trail grooming Wednesday night.

Old 01-22-2019, 09:12 AM
Pro Rider

DAY 1, IF NO SNOW
We've got to get in shape for up coming spring/summer months, to get back into things, like for example: riding the long, hard, rough ATV trails this year!! and need to start NOW! or at least I need to! And for this reason, I wish it would....

SNOW every day and stick, no melt, no rain, and would give me something to do, and would get me up, and reason to go outside, to help stay healthy, and to help maintain a decent body weight Got to get into a routine!! Since weather isn't cooperating lol I've gained 10 #'s since Thanksgiving/Holidays, and outside of a few rounds, of barely breaking a sweat, with daily exercises, there's way too much free time for tv/snacking/sitting down, with this snow'less winter! My new, or updated, newer years resolution from today forward, is going to be, to do more intensive/longer/more often workouts, stepping it up a few notches, by....

Making a deal with myself,

How? by rewarding myself, with food/snacks/tv/sitting around!

Solution: I have to get up, or no feeding mouth till I do! and exercise inside, or go out and walk/do something physical, or work out while watching tv (if its too cold or raining outside). or there will be ''NO'' FOOD/SNACKS/SITTING AROUND!! I'm real mad at myself, and i'll use this anger to help to stay on schedule! by getting extremely MAD/ANGRY/GRRRRR! NO EXCUSES!! or there will be....

NO FOOD, SNACKS, TV OR RESTING! until doing a good workout set!!!!! Whenever we get hungry, either wait out eating, which will encouraging the workout sooner, so we can chow, or later if you don't want to workout right then, if your busy doing something, then get to it asap, OR just get up and get it over with, so we can be reworded sooner, but even before feeding our face, to, STOP, THINK and just eat small portions, after workout, and no junk food! That will defeat the time we've worked out!

I'M GETTING HUNGRY! so here goes....my second workout this morning, I'm getting hunger pains, and getting inspired to work out, and haven't eaten anything yet, just coffee. I'll keep ya posted every day, until I loose the extra #'s, and this too will help! because I'll be so embarrassed if I fail!! lol Got to use whatever inspires ya! I'm tired of feeling tired....depresses ya......getting outside really helps with that, especially when there's some sun! Eating too often, encourages/helps/feeds these negative feelings! They should put peddles on our quads, to make us work out, in order to get back to camp, before grabbing something to eat lol

Old 01-22-2019, 10:09 AM
Pro Rider

I would love to go grooming with ya! Most guys would think that sounds like work....NOT!! Think about us poor ol city slickers, while your out there with that kind of drudgery lol

Old 01-22-2019, 10:14 AM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

A pedal powered quad....now that is an idea.. .like a pedal powered motorcycle!! I think I heard about those...something called a bicycle or some such thing..

Old 01-22-2019, 10:25 AM
Pro Rider

Yeah, they sold a lot of them in the 60's, was a combo bike, motor bike, but could you imagine trying to gear one down enough to move a heavy 4x4 even on a level paved road, much less up a steep sandy/snowy hill lol Now that would be a calorie burning exercise, for sure!

Old 01-22-2019, 10:30 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Specta

Ended up with about 10" here at my brother's house. I was told that I got between 10-12" at my place.
Can't wait to get back home tonight after I get off work here in Salt Lake.
I'm 99.9% sure I'm going trail grooming Wednesday night.
Your snow fall will be our downfall, with rain, melting our fair amount of snow from last weekend! Still predicting more next weekend, if we could just hang onto it! lol.

Quick Reply: Don't ride alone!! Very unsafe! Read here