Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

ridin in vt

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2002, 10:59 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey anyone on here ride in vt? round where i ride its pretty good ridin there are 4 gravel pits in my small town alone

Old 07-23-2002, 11:31 AM
Trailblazer

I live in Middlebury, but my brother lives on a farm in Whiting and we have a friend who has a lot of land in Salisbury. We are always looking for new places but we are pretty lucky with the amount of private land we have access to. my grandfather owns over 100 acres that we ride sometimes as well. What kills me is the amount of VAST trails there are in the state that atv's and other off road machines are not allowed on.

Old 07-24-2002, 10:14 PM
Weekend Warrior

i just go on them any way

Old 07-25-2002, 07:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

Down here around the Rutland Area there is VASA trails. Just remember if you have the landowners permission you can ride on those VAST trails.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-26-2002, 08:23 AM
Trailblazer

Where are the VASA trails and what do I have to do to ride on them? Th eonly problem with some of the VST trails around here is that they are State land. Not that we stay off them too much.

Old 07-26-2002, 10:05 AM
Weekend Warrior

To my understanding if a VAST Trail is on private land and you have that landowners permission you also can use that trail. State Lands well that is suppose to be off limits but people risk it. Down here there is a VASA club in West Rutland along with others around the states, but down here they use state police along with others to patrol these trails to make sure not only are we registered with the state but with Vasa also. The VASA website hasnt been updated with club information and stuff, I have tried to get a hold of the new officers to see when thats available or if they need help getting it uploaded or updated.

Old 07-26-2002, 10:19 AM
Trailblazer

How do I register with VASA? How much does it cost? How many trails are there? From my brother where I ride we are only 20-30 min from Rutland. I would love to have some new trails to ride.

Old 07-26-2002, 10:10 PM
Weekend Warrior

First it has be registered with the state, then it's like $10 for the clubs and $25 for Vasa. From what I understand there are clubs popping up all over VT and if you dont have the VASA plate and the trails are patroled theres a fine. Down here any of the atv dealers and some other stores. The club meetings for this area are every 3rd Wednesday of the month at the West rutland Legion and I believe they start at 7:00 PM. Like i posted earlier Vasa has new officers and a website http://www.vtvasa.org/ but it hasn't been updated, and i'm trying to find out if they need help or how we can find out these other clubs to get more places to ride. As I found out more I will post updates here

Old 08-07-2002, 10:16 AM
Pro Rider

I have a site basically deticated to 4 wheeling in Vermont. You can click on the link in my signature or go here www.vermont4wheeling.homestead.com . There is a riders list and a message board as well as a bunch of other stuff. The riders list could deffinatly use some more submissions, but I can only update it as people send me their information. The message board is new and hasn't taken off really yet either. It's averaging 1 post per day or so.

As for the VASA...you guys are all down south so I'm not sure what is in your area, but I'd say look for a club in your area. If you find a club you can typically get your VASA through them.

In order to get your VASA in this area you need liability insurance as well...I'm not sure if it's just our local club policy or if it is actually a VASA regulation. Like I said, I'm not familiar with what is in your area.

If you have questions concerning clubs I urge you to post on our message board as the President and Vice-President of our local VASA club frequent my site and check the board.

Take care guys.

-Josh