Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Warrior reverse issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2003, 01:10 PM
Default Warrior reverse issue

As for the reverse, as everyone has stated slipping the clutch or just moving the quad usually works. The ticking is a standard feature. Now for the 25" tires there is 2 problems. 1) the warrior doesn't have enough power to handle them that well, 2) you will have to cut out your footguards and fenders for the tires to fit. I had 22" on my Raptor when I first got it, they just didn't look right and were TOO BIG. So I sold them and got some 20". You may do as you wish, it's just my .02,

Patrick

Old 07-07-2003, 10:34 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmmm,
I actually am using the reverse as compared to pushing it backward and trying to slowly let the clutch out as I push the lever and it seems to work. I have not gone on a really long ride to heat the engine up and really get it stuck.
As for the tires, I really do not like the idea of cutting foot guards and fenders. I currently have very tired shredder tires in the 20" variety. I like being able to do donoughts on wet pavement in just about any gear but the problem is when I go trail riding with my uncle who has a rancher 350 he sure does seem to get through the mud holes alot better. If not 25's, what would be the next largest without the trimming?
Thanks again for all the help.

Old 07-08-2003, 10:06 PM
Range Rover

My 2002 & 2002 work fine. You could try adjusting the revers linkage.

Old 07-08-2003, 10:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

ok heres the trick, eat tuna on monday, then on tuesday, which is today, go full speed in the top gear, then pull in the clutch and then put it in first, then let out the cluch for like 2 or 3 secinds then pull in the clutch and put it in reverse and then your done, you no will be able to go in reverse no problemo!

Old 07-08-2003, 11:46 PM

Originally posted by: Josefrommexico
ok heres the trick, eat tuna on monday, then on tuesday, which is today, go full speed in the top gear, then pull in the clutch and then put it in first, then let out the cluch for like 2 or 3 secinds then pull in the clutch and put it in reverse and then your done, you no will be able to go in reverse no problemo!
WTF?

If not 25's, what would be the next largest without the trimming?
You may be able to get away with 23's. You do not surely need a larger sized tire though, the ITP Blackwater tire has no traction on wet pavement (seems like you like that!) and I personally never got my warrior stuck in mud (unless I grounded out) with them on it, and I was riding with a 03' Grizzly, 03' Kodiak and a 02' 500 Sportsman, and they liked lots of mud. The Blackwaters I had on were 20" and they worked great, JMO,

Patrick

Old 07-09-2003, 12:09 AM
Range Rover

Wut the helk are you smokin' josefrommexico. And how often do you replace top ends?

Old 07-09-2003, 12:33 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Josefrommexico
ok heres the trick, eat tuna on monday, then on tuesday, which is today, go full speed in the top gear, then pull in the clutch and then put it in first, then let out the cluch for like 2 or 3 secinds then pull in the clutch and put it in reverse and then your done, you no will be able to go in reverse no problemo

Man if only I wasn't a vegetarian I would have my problem solved!!!!!

As for the tires, with the 23 blackwaters on the back, what tires did you have on the front?
Also do you usually try to crawl through the muc, or get a running start?

Thanks again

Old 07-09-2003, 12:42 AM
Weekend Warrior

i never replace my top end cuz i always add sger and redbull to my gas tank!

Old 07-09-2003, 01:43 AM
Pro Rider

My 87 warrior has had only slight reverse problems. Getting it in and out, just feels like mud is stuck on the linkage.. oopss, maybe there was some. Accually i think yamaha needed to put a syncro gear on the reverse and drive lines. I think the problem is caused by the gears not lineing up and not engauging. You are pulling up on the lever to get it out right? If not that would tend to slow you down some also. If you clutch has too much wear on it it might no be disengauging all the way and keeping the gears meshed in reverse.

The warrior has plenty of power to roll 25's. The wolverine does and they have the same engine. Although you would probably need to get an extened swingarm. I am personaly a believer in the 22inch bandit rear tires. They will hauld you through mud just like the blackwaters and handel like an MX tire on the dry stuff.

But as Jose would say, "just eat some tuna and load ur bike up with drugs and you will be set"