Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

pos stock grab bar almost killed my friend......

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2003, 05:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pos stock grab bar almost killed my friend......

by the way.......how in the hell would you die during a 2nd gear wheelie?.....
If you don't know the consequences of your actions its a waste of breathe to explain it to you. You'll figure it out one day my friend, just please be safe.

Old 07-21-2003, 05:58 PM
Pro Rider

The point one of the other posts made was something to the effect of, "the grab bar didn't nearly kill your friend you did......" Don't blame your equipment for your mistake. Yes I know a 2nd gear wheelie isn't a big deal under most conditions, but we don't know if ya'll were bright enough to be wearing helmets, or HOW fast you were going in 2nd. I don't really think they're ragging on you quite as bad about that as the 5 gear in the "highway". As far as the 2nd. gear thing my uncle had a friend that is now paralized from the waist down because he thought he'd show off for some girls back behind his house, and pull a wheelie. After he got done hitting his head and sliding down the alley he now can't walk for the rest of his life. I'm not here to play anyones father, just stating the fact that you could definately be doing more intelligent things, and if you don't want to get harrassed about dumb things you do, don't post them.

Old 07-21-2003, 06:32 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BigScary
Originally posted by: ATVman00169come on now we all do stupid stuff now and then give the kid a brake.
good god.......thank you!!!!!Finaly someone sees my side......everybody screws up every now and then....
What is exactly 'your side' of this whole matter?

The only thing I've heard about that "screwed up" is those 'faulty' handlebars which (by God!) almost KILLED YOU BOTH!

Heck, you even have the gall to insult our intelligence with THIS 'gem':

"....by the way.......how in the hell would you die during a 2nd gear wheelie?....."

Thanks to all the people who jumped right in here and straightened this kid out.........it is only folks like yourselves who will keep this behavior from being modeled on these forums in front of our children.

Unbelievable.

Old 07-22-2003, 09:32 AM
Trailblazer

This is your forum....oddly titled...."stock grab bar almost killed my friend..."

You tell me how your friend could have gotten killed "only" in second gear, riding a wheelie, doubles on a wheeler, on pavement, etc....

Just making obsevations.....You would've been / felt responsible no matter how much your friend "didn't care" for his / her safety...now wouldn't you. I have friends who unfortunatly had a hand in the death of other friends involving vehicles....and I assure you that THEY hold themselves resposible for their friends deaths (no matter what the circumstances).

Old 07-22-2003, 10:55 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BigScary
Originally posted by: Xtremest
OMG...if your friend did in fact get hurt / killed.....how / why in the he!! would you ever blame it on the grab bar...

Your / your friends fault for riding wheelies w/ two aboard anyway. Be more careful when you being crazy.
my friend does not care.....it isn't anything to get scraped up a little.....if you never get scrapped or hurt in any way.....you are never moving.......

by the way.......how in the hell would you die during a 2nd gear wheelie?.....
Umm, the quad could tip right over, handle bars on a 400 pound 4 wheeler coming down on your skull .. think about it!!!

Old 07-22-2003, 11:03 AM
Pro Rider

Besides the obvious, the problem is that most grab bars are engineered to bend before the subframe bends. The only exception to this that I know if is with the warrior. You come back on that baby hard and expect the subframe to bend and your Visa bill to be huge.

Old 07-22-2003, 04:07 PM
Pro Rider

You ain't jokin man. That warrior bar is way stouter than the subframe! Takes a pretty good hit to tweak either one though.

~HoundDog

Old 07-22-2003, 06:24 PM
Pro Rider

funny stuff.

people bitching at someone for doing something illegal... how many people here can honestly say they have NEVER broken the law? Remember, 1 mph over the speedlimit, under any circumstance, is breaking the law.

Don't be so quick to judge.

People where I'm from ride bikes on the road all the time. My dad was a State Trooper and did it.

back OT.... I plan on replacinge mine before I get a chance to break it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]