Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

PREPARE TO SUCK DUST YAMAHEADS!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2003, 09:28 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PREPARE TO SUCK DUST YAMAHEADS!!!!!

hey guys its the new guy again. and i just want to let you know that this forum, ya this one i am replying to. the one that i got bashed for making and chewed up for has had more replies and views than any page has for a long time. and during reading it, it looks as though you guys are having fun discussing the new and old R and the yfz450. in my opinion it was a pretty good mistake on my part. so you can quit bashing it now. and just for the record this is exactly what this forum was intended to do talk about the new R and the yama 450. again i repeat pretty good error on my part huh?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-10-2003, 10:31 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: hondaboy101
THE LONG AWAITED HONDA 450 IS HERE!!!!!!!! for real guys it is to be undone this september. so all of you yamamorons who said ya ya i've heard it before, just wait onther month!!!!!!! it looks super wicked also. its also exactly like the yfz its pure RACE BREAD!!! prepare to die!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
get a life you have nothing better to do than say the honda 450 is coming and u said they copied yamaha what a retard

Old 08-10-2003, 10:37 AM
Pro Rider

Let this thread die allready.

Old 08-10-2003, 11:10 AM
Pro Rider

So this new honda is the bomb huh? As far behind as honda is my guess is that is is air cooled, j-arms suspension, rope pull start, and the plastic is the same as the 400 ex because god only knows how honda would hate to develop someething new. Most likely the color choice is honda red and yellow-never seen any hondas that color! Most importantly though hondaboy if you ride a 300 ex and come ino this forum talking about speed you better watch out or we will whip out a warrior and pound your a$$!!!

Old 08-10-2003, 11:45 AM
Pro Rider

Oh and for those of you like honda boy who think that going 10mph in the woods is the buy all end all of riding and the wide open dunes riders are wussies I say come out to Idaho! Lets see your 400 exs climb thunder and then rroll over the top. Lets see your "woods" quads hit 5th or 6th(depending on quad) and peg it as you circle the garbage can bowl. Lets se your mx bikes not get sucked inot the deadhorse bowl. Lets see your "it handles great" quads climb choke cherry, or for that matter the south side of sand mtn. here in utah. Sand is the equalizer. Handling doesn't matter, the only thing you need to ride the big sand here in Utah nad especially Idaho is power and ***** . None of this in a 300 yrd drag race crap. Strap it up, bury the throttle and hope to god you make it up cuz other wise your gonna rool back down. Those of us who are sand riders have all watched in horror as the bad a$$ track guys bury it on choke cherry or the "wood"guys end up in the lava rock in the bowls. The reason the banshee is king is because of the screaching power it has in the sand, where power is the only thing that matters!

Old 08-10-2003, 04:40 PM
Pro Rider

I've been to Sand Mtn many times, and it's a blast. The sand it awesome to ride in. But you think riding through the woods at speeds that vary from 15-40 mph isn't tough to do? I gotta tell you, I feel a lot safer riding the sand, then the tight woods. In the sand, if you get clear of the quad on a roll, you got a much better change of making it than if you over shoot a turn in the woods, with nothing but stumps and logs to slow you down on your 2500 foot decent to the river below, and god willing, you get impaled on an old stump, because that's your best chance of surviving the fall. I'm not talking that groomed crap you see guys running in GNCC events, I'm talking real woods riding. The stuff that eats tires and riders up. Climbing the granite face of a hill that require you to peg it hard, and get so far forward you can see your skid plate. Stuff that acts like a cheese grater, ripping out 6" chunks of you if you don't make it. So what I'm basically saying is....it takes a lot more than just power to make it through a fast romp in the woods, it also requires skill, a lot more skill than what's required to play in the sand. Yes, there's plenty of guys who just take it easy in the woods, most anyone can ride the rookie trails at 5 mph (I go over the top of them all the time on my way out to where the real fun is), but to really push it to the ragged edge, to find the limits of your quads engine and suspension, to find out how big a pair you really have, that requires a lot more skill than blasting through the dunes. IMHO..

Old 08-10-2003, 04:45 PM
Range Rover

all that looks like is a cheap imitation of the polaris new 400 sport quad.

Old 08-10-2003, 04:50 PM
Pro Rider

I think this entire thread was pretty much summed up by what twentycharacters said. Good Job and Well Said!

Old 08-10-2003, 05:22 PM
Pro Rider

you are correct about the banshee, and you had better make it up the hill, because the suspensions sucks and it will not handle worth a crap. don't be mad at me those were your own words.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
just because cdale went out of business doesn't mean they had a bad product. i don't see honda making 250rs any more, so i guess that means they were not any good either.

Old 08-10-2003, 05:31 PM
Trailblazer