Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Rap Exhaust - 14Mins, Velocity, Airraptor, Raptor720, Zombie

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2003, 10:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rap Exhaust - 14Mins, Velocity, Airraptor, Raptor720, Zombie

Rator720 you reep what you sow, you got on here and run your mouth about how great Trinity was and a year later everyone has seen the truth and now you have hurt there buisness and you blame it on Dirtwheels. You tried to put me down about alot of things I said but now when people go back and read what was said they see the truth again. Why have'nt you been on here boasting, did'nt four stroke wars go like you said they would. LOL. I will be back in about ten days to see what you have to say now. I never get on here and start things but you needed this one.

Old 08-27-2003, 10:59 PM
Pro Rider

Ah, Mr. One Lap DunLap.

Sounds like leaded fuel has taken its toll on your brain. What part of what I said is not accurate or true? YOu are simply still butt hurt that people like me come on here and correct the BS that you try to sell.

4 stroke wars?? The Raptor had a blown cylinder before the race. Then, at the race, the nitrous hit at 1/4 throttle instead of 7/8. That caused a massive nitrous explosion that blew the seat off the machine and pushed the cylinder out almost .250".

As for a pipe, what does 4 stroke wars have to do with that?

Old 08-27-2003, 11:06 PM
Pro Rider

""""""""""So does the MBRP suck or, just the customer service? Would I see similar gains to the other "Good Performing Pipes" I also like the look of the Trinity but I've read the lowend is slacking... I still can't believe there are that much difference in all the pipes that have nearly the same diameter. Could they all be engineering some magic in the guts of the Silencer?

I race RC cars and, trucks and, the pipe diameters make a difference in tuning which is solely influenced by volume. More Volume = More Lowend, Less Volume = Less Lowend but, More Top and, some where in the middle. BUT, those are 2 stroke engines? I'm having a hard time grabbing the 4 Stroke pipe deal.. Plus it is a lot of cash to shell out for something you don't like or, is not what you wanted and, you can't hear or see it mounted on a bike like yours.

Everyone i know and, ride w/ has a Banshee aside from a a few KXF's so i can't judge any Raptor pipe performance... Any people at the dunes by whatever Duneland (the Local Perf. Shop) says or, is pushing at the time and, most likely lie about internal mods to try to get you to race.. what a Quandry! lol

Where can I get the Ceramic Chrome coating done? what is the turn around time? how much???

thanks for all your patience w/ me!! """""""""

yeah,,, What does any of that have to do w/ what pipes are good? Did I miss something?

Old 08-28-2003, 12:13 AM
Elite Pro Rider

I saw that one comming.

One question for Mickey Dunlop- Why don't you sell exhaust pipes with your name on them? I thought you just pick up the phone and call --- --- ---- and say, "ship me 25 raptor exhaust likes CT, GRAYDON and stamp my name on the side"

Capbags- MBRP customer service does not suck. The company generally goes out of there way to make stuff happen. Everybody has a bad day every once in a while. Big Scary should have asked to talk to martin (owner mbrp) when he felt he was not getting the help he needed. Bob Craycraft on here goes the extra mile to see things thru. What happened there i do not know. Usually MBRP will refer the calls to Bob, and let him handle them. MBRP is a large company that builds all types of exhaust and Bob usually does the ATV stuff for them. Anyway stuff happens and sorry it happened to you.

So what is the name of the company that makes Trinity, sparks, CT and graydon's pipes in california?

Old 08-28-2003, 12:48 AM
Pro Rider

I don't know about the service at the MBRP factory, you talked to some lady in an office and of course she probably didn't know much. There is not one person out there that can say anything bad about Bob Craycrafts' customer service though. He will go out of his way to help anyone and there are a lot of forum members that can vouch for that.

Old 08-28-2003, 01:10 AM
Pro Rider

ugh, its official. pipe wars 2.

Old 08-28-2003, 01:27 AM
Pro Rider

14mins,

The Trinity Raptor pipe is assembled by PowerPros. Trinity made the design, tested various configurations and then had Don make the production unit. Don is not the guy who designed the pipe (at least the Trinity pipe).

Old 08-28-2003, 03:16 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Raptor720- thanks.

Old 08-28-2003, 10:55 AM
Pro Rider

air,

True black smoke usually indicates a rich fuel condition. As you describe, rich fuel conditions, for several reasons, cause a substantial reduction in torque.

The Yosh pipe is not all that bad-- just expensive. Since we all can't build a pipe to our exact engine build, we must settle for what works the best. In your case, you have a few options to test. Good luck!

Old 08-28-2003, 11:20 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Air- run that baby over to the dyno and give us a report.

When are you going to have the "super motor" done?

Quick Reply: Rap Exhaust - 14Mins, Velocity, Airraptor, Raptor720, Zombie