Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

blaster vs warrior

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2003, 02:22 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blaster vs warrior

which one do you think is all around better. faster,handles better ect.

Old 11-16-2003, 11:11 AM
Pro Rider

warrior..but i never rode a blaster[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-16-2003, 11:54 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Warrior....for top speed I know and accel (but I know someone is gonna say I'm wrong and try to prove it)
Warrior would be a better all around quad because it rocks on trails because of 1. Power and 2. 4-stroke so not alot of fethering of the clutch...Handleing better?...I would say Warrior, but that could be false but I've never ridden a Blaster.....my friend had one and he hated it....he said it was so slow it wasn't funny.......but he never said nothing about handleing...

-warrior

Old 11-16-2003, 12:10 PM
Range Rover

I've had both and prefer the Warrior. It has more low end torque, the Blaster is a typical 2 stroke with all of its power on the top end. You can make a Blaster decently fast (faster than a stock Warrior), but then again w/ the right mods you can make a Warrior decently fast too. The Warrior is my preference because if I am willing to give up low end for all top end (2 strokes), there better be a ton of top end, which is why I now also have a Banshee. The Warrior has a broader powerband, which makes it more fun in more places. The suspension on the Warrior is also better; the Blaster suspension is laughable (especially the rear shock). Plus the Blaster is tiny, way tiny. I felt like a circus clown on a tricycle when I was riding it, and I'm only 5'7". The electric start and reverse is also very nice on the Warrior. The Blaster is a starter quad that everyone eventually outgrows. The Warrior will be around longer if you get it instead.

Colby

Old 11-16-2003, 12:16 PM
Pro Rider

i love the warrior for all around trail riding. it is very reliable, climbs hills with ease, goes through mud, wheelies easily, has the low end torque for the tight stuff, and the top end for the long stretches. it is also very good on gas as well. the blaster is just way to small and underpowered to me. it only make power if you are screaming it and that gets pretty aggravating on 8 hour++ rides and also the suck gas pretty quickly. go for the warrior you wont be sorry.

Old 11-16-2003, 11:15 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

ok well the warrior is kick@ss on trails no doubt handling can b be inmproved on it drasticly but stock it's good speed well there's quite abit blaster never seen on trails handling really kinda sucked and it really wastn't that fast pretty small too .. don't waste money on a blaster just go for a warrior

Old 11-17-2003, 05:12 PM
Trailblazer

I never drove a warrior but i just bought a 1998 blaster..the thing will go 0 to full out [about 60 miles an hour in like 10 seconds..it handels decently 2..i never had it on 2 wheels even on pavement. Im happy with my blaster but i've been told banshees are the best yamaha quads

Old 11-17-2003, 08:05 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

well me n my friend r gonna race stock for stock balster vs warrior this weekend hopefully on grass he has a 01 blaster ( which has liek 10 hours on ) and i got my 03 warrior with about 200 hours on it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] so it'll b close [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-17-2003, 08:22 PM
Pro Rider

Warrior definitely for reliability and less maintenance. They are fairly close in speed but the Blaster has a short wheelbase, 2-stroke, and no reverse.

Old 11-17-2003, 08:46 PM
Pro Rider

speedy sorry to say but it will be close. well at least that is how it is when i race almost anyone i just spin through the first 4 gears on grass and just shut down after about 50 feet. i have the same problem on pavement as well it just spins the tires right out from under it on the start. for 1 it is because i have no lugs left on my tires and also it spins so much on blacktop because i have run some insanely low gear ratios and so much timing for like 50 or 100 foot drag races these things just dont hook up. i bet you in about a 500 foot race you 2 will take off he will be ahead by about 6 bike lengths then after about 275 or 280 feet you will start pulling away pretty hard. dont do a high rpm start, start of in 2nd gear and just rev up to about 5500rpm and feed out the clutch slowly so you dont wheelie or spin to much and that should be enough to beat him, but also not so slow that you completely burn the plates right out lol. good luck you can beat him. as far as suspension i like to set the dampning soft so when you press down on the suspension it stays down, soft rear shock, and hard front shocks.

Quick Reply: blaster vs warrior