Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

How come honda builds lackluster motors?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2004, 11:31 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How come honda builds lackluster motors?

14mins. Why would you care witch one is faster? I bet all you can do is go in a strait line huh? Man if I raced my honda against your big bad yami in the woods i would absolutly wreck you guy.

Old 02-01-2004, 01:04 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: learning2fly
2Fast4U400ex-

I'm glad to see that you didn't buy a banshee. You would have been the disappointed person and not the 450R owners. Not everyone is disappointed with the 450R. Had you read the title or paid further attention to the posts within, you would notice this is just another BS post by 14mins because he has nothing to do but bash. In my post I said they are all three good quads but by far are not the best all around sport quad. I think it is a tough call between the Z400's and the 450R. Yes, I strayed from the post a bit, but to make a point. The 450R is not going to be the sucky quad that a lot of people would like to believe. Maybe Honda should have designed a MX only quad that spanked the YFZ, but it appears they chose to go for a larger market share. Will this work? who Knows. I am glad that we disagree, but for Honda to continually get a bad rap when the 450R will be a sweet machine is ridiculous.

TellicoGrizz660 - Provide the details and I will make it a point to watch the race. I am not above learning something. My guess is that any quad in the race is far from stock, much like any other race out there. As for your opinion to the YFZ being the best trail machine, that adds very little to your credibility. But it is your opinion, to bad it isn't shared by all YFZ owners. Yes, 6'2 riders can ride the riders on trails, and you could drive a neon. It doesn't have to make sense but is doable.

Not everyone is a racer either. Fortunately more and more people are getting into the sport who are not racers but want to have a lot of fun, whether it is a sport quad, ute, etc. The point is that the Yamaha sport quads are not all they are cracked up to be. If yammi owners are going to bash, maybe they should have an argument to stand on.
First off, YOU NEED TO RE-READ my post, I never said anything about trail riding the YFZ!!! I RACE!!!!!!!! I dont trail ride my YFZ AT ALL!!!!!!! Second, Pikes Peak is very FAR from being straight, its an up hill race of SEVERALLLLLLLLLL miles, speeds are in the 80's!!!! Also, I might mention, HONDA DOESNT EVEN ENTER A QUAD INTO THE EVENT, because they DO NOT HAVE A QUAD FAST ENOUGH TO COMPETE OR BUILDABLE ENOUGH TO COMPETE, the only honda's I have ever seen in the event was a cr500 powered quad!!! The Zilla's as well as the Honda and the DS ALL LOSE TO THE SHEE in that race!!!!!!!

Old 02-01-2004, 01:10 AM
Elite Pro Rider

dragracer789- lmao. I personally perfer trails to the drag strip. I just can't talk my DS buddies into riding past the finish line of the dragstrip. 4 of us spent a few weeks with heavy equiptment building a mx track on the property. no one uses it anymore lol I would wipe off the rust if i ever see you on the trail. But bring more than a honda cause i will wait for you at the corners and roost you on the straights[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-01-2004, 04:09 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Anytime you want to have a go at my lackluster honda motor, please feel free 14. After all, you werent talking about suspension and trail riding in this thread, you directed it to the motor's and their performance.

You sure talk a lot of crap for a guy who hangs off crayfish's nuts. You dont even have a bike to compete with a lot of the members on here. Most people who talk negatively towards a model or brand such as you do have something to back it up, but you dont. You're just a typical magazine groupie.

But to back up 14mins....dragracer789...your 5.4 (basically 5.5) would most likely get dominated by 14min's thumper. Break into a 4.6 or so and you'd be more secure bragging about your ET

Old 02-01-2004, 04:27 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

lackluster motors last longer

some people equate it to better return on investment

its hard to argue with them

Old 02-01-2004, 04:59 AM
RIP Dear Friend

Edited: Sun February 01, 2004 at 2:46 AM by DaBeechM

I don't think there is any hanging going on, kinda low

Robert Craycraft doesn't say much around here and for you even to include his name

Old 02-01-2004, 05:29 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Actually if you read my post a little closer you'd realize i didnt use his name in a derogatory way, or any way other then to prove a point i was trying to make. Trust me, its all legal and would hold up in a court of law. Try not to read between the lines mister moderator.

What i said is that Mark hangs from his builders every word, and clings to it with such force that he wont listen to reason.

I had a rather long conversation with scotty from engineering at Lonestar. Ill quote him "the 450r is the first flawless chassis that ive ever seen produced in a stock machine, there is nothing i would change on the chassis"..."the yamaha is also a very well built machine, although the chassis has weak points that will be changed"..."is there any reason to build a aftermarket 450r chassis?...not really"

Again, i dont really care about craycraft, it just bugs me that mark has nothing but negative things to say. Most likely insecurity.

Old 02-01-2004, 10:23 AM
Pro Rider

[i]Originally posted by: [b]TellicoGrizz660[/b.
First off, YOU NEED TO RE-READ my post, I never said anything about trail riding the YFZ!!! I RACE!!!!!!!! I dont trail ride my YFZ AT ALL!!!!!!! Second, Pikes Peak is very FAR from being straight, its an up hill race of SEVERALLLLLLLLLL miles, speeds are in the 80's!!!! Also, I might mention, HONDA DOESNT EVEN ENTER A QUAD INTO THE EVENT, because they DO NOT HAVE A QUAD FAST ENOUGH TO COMPETE OR BUILDABLE ENOUGH TO COMPETE, the only honda's I have ever seen in the event was a cr500 powered quad!!! The Zilla's as well as the Honda and the DS ALL LOSE TO THE SHEE in that race!!!!!!![/quote]

OK Ok, I read your post, It follows no logical thought pattern. So it through me off a bit. I think I see your point now. You are 6'2 and 183 and the YFZ is an amazing race machine. Even for someone your size. Ok, not disputing the YFZ is a good race machine. A little small for somebody your size, but obviously you like cramped spaces. So how did you plan to dispute the 450R is a better all around machine- with your banshee crap.... sure whatever..... OK, you have one race..... The banshee doesn't even come close to being the best all around machine... please.... that is funny......

So if I want to ride yamaha I need one bike for each type of terrain? I'll get right on that. That's seems to make a lot of sense.... Oh wait a minute- I have a honda and it will do well on all types of terrain..... One more time just for you, the topic is "how come honda builds lackluster motors? Obviously you haven't seen any information on the 450r, it is right up their with your beloved YFZ. .16 seconds behind in a 125 yrd drag on slightly uphill pavement. Yeah, that may be 2 quad lengths at that speed- but is hardly lackluster. Maybe you should pay more attention to the facts.

Old 02-01-2004, 01:33 PM
RIP Dear Friend

Mr. DaBeechMan,

"crayfish's nuts" Your grasping when you have to use this type of wording and using the same approach as you are accusing 14mins of doing.

If insecurity equates into being good, then prove your non insecurity by coming The Trailer Park in Aledo, Texas June 19,2004

Old 02-01-2004, 01:52 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Debeech- you would be welecomed. I do not swing from anyones nuts, mine are large enough. You had to modd the hell out of your quad to make it run, stock the hp was not very much. (less than a stock raptor, stock z-400, stock kawisaki v-force, stock bombardier ds 650) Sounds like you swing from someones nuts at lonestar. One persons opinion.

Honda motors generally produce less power than the other brands. Realibility is not a factor on a stock machine they all run a very long time. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: How come honda builds lackluster motors?