Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

How come honda builds lackluster motors?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2004, 09:27 PM
RIP Dear Friend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How come honda builds lackluster motors?

Originally posted by: dragracer789
Heres a though for you guy... Start your own forum for you and ur *buddies*
LOL,

I just zipped my mouth shut[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-01-2004, 10:06 PM
Elite Pro Rider

789-I have one. 14mins

The cannon does not run. I only bought it because no one else would bid on it. 600 plus bidders. LOL It will never run either. That should have come standard with a piece of rope from the factory. Actually 2 pieces. One to tow with and the other to hang yourself. I just bought it to look at some parts on it. Nicest thing i own. lol The almighty cannon was a poorly crafted idea from a bike maker. In the end a lot of people got burned over 6000 units. I am not talking about the ones that bought the quads. Maybe if cannon could have hung on for 2 more years...

themez- List some examples of post that you approve of. You are being stupid on your high horse. When you get out of school in the re......

Can i post - How come cannon thought they could take on the Japanese?, or How come cannon used the same motor in 4 quads? How come my moto is only worth 3500 dollars? It cost 12.5, no i see the point those would be flames[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-01-2004, 11:00 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: learning2fly
Originally posted by: TellicoGrizz660
You all say 14 min's post's stupid topics, must not be that stupid with as many people posting as they have!!! Learning2fly, you are definately proving your insecurities about your honda and your age judging from the post's you have made!!!!
Edit by ATV Connection moderator

Your calling forum members such and such and you wrote that.
Yes I did and it was so true. That was a nice bit of convenient censorship when a guy has a clever post..... If you are going to enforce your ability to moderate, the least you could do is be a little more consistent. Yeah, I read the rules. You got me.... Rule 1.3
This post was a wash from the second it started. And as far as your comment is concerned, who is moderating that crap. Who are you to judge me, "and you wrote that". Who's being the judge of character now, obviously your opinion is more correct because you have the ability to moderate. Here's an idea, try moderating without throwing your biased opinion in the mix. Here's an example "Edited by Connection moderator" see, that would keep you from being judgmental of others.... My comments were no more an insult that what you wrote, you should have been able to figure that out. I judged based upon what I read and so did you. Like I said, there should be some consistency in moderating.

Here's an idea, implement a warning /ignore system - users who consistently post garbage with the sole purpose of instigating can be warned, docked by other users after so many BS posts. The system would kick that user off after enough complaints and after a set amount of time, the user is allowed access back to the forum.

For the record, I did think about my post after I put it on, and thought maybe I did go to far. Some of the so called "bashers" bring the verbal equivalent of a knife to a gunfight. Maybe I am a dreamer, but I would like to think eventually some of these guys would get the hint. Yesterday, I did sign up as a supporting member because I do value this forum as a resource. Maybe that is why I get sick and tired of members who just want to bash regardless of the topic. This thread was started for the sole purpose of instigating an argument.

I understand your need and or desire to moderate for the sake of the forum, the question is where the line is drawn. It is never the same. I don't have a problem with you editing my post, what I don't appreciate is the hypocritical approach that was taken.

Old 02-01-2004, 11:29 PM
RIP Dear Friend

You wrote it. I didn't

Old 02-02-2004, 12:12 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RAPTORYFM660r
You wrote it. I didn't
Yes and you placed judgement with your comments. Thus making you a hypocrite. Here are your comments. "and you wrote that"
Maybe you didn't comprehend the whole passing judgement thing. Enjoy your moderation. I will try to be more mindful of the quality and candor in which I use in the future.

Thank You for your time.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-02-2004, 12:37 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Themez and blviper- why read my post if it gets you so worked up???? If what i post gets your blood pumping just getting thru a average day must be a challenge for you guys. Remember the right shoe goes on the right foot and the left shoe on the left foot.

blviper- why are you worried about the size of my ****?

Somebody edited my post and did not leave the little edit thingy. LOL

Old 02-02-2004, 12:41 AM
Pro Rider

14, i find you to be the biggest moron I have ever heard of! It seems to me that you think that you can come out the winner of any argument. Well, I have something to say to you. I find your use of rhetoric to be the funniest thing I ahve seem since the first time I saw your icon. You are a total fool, and we would all be happier if you kept your opinion to yourself. I am not attacking you, I am simply telling you that you are not as smart as you think. You just stat what somebody else has already said. As for my 2 cents, ride what ever you want!!!

Old 02-02-2004, 01:06 AM
Pro Rider

I'm glad others feel the same as I do.

Maybe I should start my own ATV forum where the moderators take care of the obvious trouble makers.

I read these posts only to reply and make you look foolish, as you obviously do. Others obviously agree. In fact, maybe everyone except yourself and the moderator friends.

Just for the record, your posts don't get me worked up and I function perfectly normally each and every day.

I'm all for the forum-users banning other members so that it is somewhat democratic. Right now it's pretty lame.

Maybe I should start topics on "why didn't Yamaha upgrade a sport quad for over 10 years?" or "why can't Yamaha build a frame that can withstand MX abuse?"

I don't because it is pointless and obvsiously would start a flame-fest.

Maybe you do it because you are right at home with flamers.. that's an idea.

Old 02-02-2004, 01:12 AM
Pro Rider

I think it is time to shut this thread down. To many people getting upset and 14mins loving it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-02-2004, 01:15 AM
Pro Rider

Listen, WHY DOES IT MATTER WHAT HE POST'S??????????? Its like you all have been forcefully MADE to read 14's post!!!! Its very easy, JUST DONT READ OR REPLY TO HIS POST!!!!! Actually, I like watching how you Honda owners get all bent out of shape over what he writes, its very amusing, and throughout it all, 14 remains as calm as can be!!!!! ITS VERY SIMPLE, IF YOU DONT LIKE WHAT YOU READ, DONT READ IT!!! NOBODY PUTS YOU IN FRONT OF A FIRING LINE IF YOU DON'T READ IT!!! Obviously you all like the arguments because I see all of you replying to his thoughts over and over again!!!!! If you don't like it, end it!!! I'm sure he will too!!!! By the way 14 can very well back up his words with his machine!!!!

Quick Reply: How come honda builds lackluster motors?