Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

How come honda builds lackluster motors?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2004, 04:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How come honda builds lackluster motors?

Originally posted by: Bubba297
Sooooooooooooooo............... what happens when Suzuki releases their new quad??????[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
Yes, what will happen when suzuki releases their new quad????? I can't think of much!!

Old 01-29-2004, 04:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Ha ha, Hey I'm not defending Honda here, but Carmical(sp) was THE MAN ,and untouchable for years, yes he is just now getting caught by the new up and coming riders, so now its a race. Honda will buy a new rider and stay on top. Yamaha is also very aggressive with buying the top riders so the racing is going to get Better.

The GSXR is definatley the bike to beat, but no one could handle Nicky Haden and the RC51 till he left to go to MotoGP. were agian Honda has the best rider(Valentino Rossie)and has been dominate for 3 years. Next year Rossie is going to ride for Yamaha!! sd the top Yamaha rider is going to ride for Honda(interesting)

Im not arguing which Bike(company) is "best" personally I dont care. I am just stating the Marketing difference between these two giants[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I will let you experts fight over who is better(Honda or Yamaha).[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Bigger.

Old 01-29-2004, 04:29 PM
Elite Pro Rider

KGB- i think you have it right.

Old 01-29-2004, 04:32 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 14mins
Anyone know? You would think they would be the leader due to size and resources? But all i see is backward facing motors with pushrods, air cooled 400 ex's and a unicorn crf 450 that revs like a disel tractor.
I don't know why...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img].

Originally posted by: TellicoGrizz660
Originally posted by: Bubba297Sooooooooooooooo............... what happens when Suzuki releases their new quad??????[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
Yes, what will happen when suzuki releases their new quad????? I can't think of much!!
I know this one.....Kawasaki and Arctic Cat will get theirs at that time...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img].

Old 01-29-2004, 04:38 PM
Pro Rider

yeah don't forget about the fact that Honda also plays the typical marketing game very well. When they want to make there products look good they invest thousands of dollars into few riders to get there company face out in the limelight. As in the cbr900's and the formula Xtreme class. The bike can't take the R1 and deffinately can't touch the gsxr1000, so to boost sales they invest money into specialty bikes instead of investing into R&D where it really counts. Now the CBR is slowly coming back but typically a day to late and a dollar short.

Futhermore in this day and age, if you don't produce an exciting product and keep up with competition you just **** off your fans. Which is exactly what Honda did. Now am I saying the CBR959 or the new Honda 450 quad are bad machines? Absolutely not! But don't kid yourself about the amount of money they invest into the R&D, and furthermore when comparing them to there competition at least Yamaha and Suzuki regardless of department responded to there fans and produced machines that we were waiting for.

Honda just produced theres a day to late per say.

Ever heard of the cliches, when opportunity nocks? or the early bird gets the worm?

Patience doesn't pay in a sport that runs mach 1. Rememer that!

Old 01-29-2004, 04:39 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: 14mins
Anyone know? You would think they would be the leader due to size and resources? But all i see is backward facing motors with pushrods, air cooled 400 ex's and a unicorn crf 450 that revs like a disel tractor.
Why do you care???

Old 01-29-2004, 04:41 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: blviper26
14mins- Well Ive been gone for a while and when I come back what do I still see, U bashing honda again. What do have against honda, got friends w/ them that perform better than ur quad. Why dont u try helping someone instead of trying to sit high on your horse.

I like both yammi and honda, can't beat em. But since when does a crf rev like a tractor, considering it beat the yammis every race last season. It doesnt hit as hard but it is much smoother, what good is power if u can't use it.
This guy makes all the good points.

Old 01-29-2004, 04:41 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

And if you watch Bomb commercials.....Oh wait I don't think I've ever seen one of those.

LOL.

Hey I have actually seen one! It started out.........

TIRED of your Tranny grenading? Tired of you carbs popping off?? your rod snapping??or maybe your tired or your Starter bearing going out!!!

WHATS THAT!!! your poor old rappy is to tippy? seat tooo hard?,and you just cant seem to get any HORSE POWER out of that old Dinosaur?or maybe your tired of you friends laughing at you[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Well then sell that peice of crap and buy yourself the worlds most AWESOME ATV!!! the Bombardier DS650!!!! while other manufacturers are making Musical intruments we are making LEARJET,and the worlds fastest Trains!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

He he he eh Bigger[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 01-29-2004, 04:49 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-29-2004, 04:50 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OMG....... ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: How come honda builds lackluster motors?