Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

How come honda builds lackluster motors?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2004, 07:25 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How come honda builds lackluster motors?

Originally posted by: 14mins
learningtocrawl- I am not impressed with your intelligence or your replies. There is a simple solution to your problem. Do not read my post. I think you singlehandedly keep texas from falling into the ocean with your abilities. (sucking)
14mins-whether it is your post or just a reply-it is normally negative. It's hard not to read your posts or replies, your trash is all over the forum.

Honda builds a fine product and always has. Yes, they have a business to run. If they do their job right, we get a quality product and the warranty to back it up. Take a look at Cannondale, you hear great things about the quads, but where is their company now?

The more money you have, the faster and better performing your quad will be. The 450r and yfz450 did a drag on slightly uphill pavement (ATV action), in 125 yards the YFZ beat the 450r by .16 seconds. Sure it's a couple of quad lengths, but hardly a lackluster motor. In the race course, the YFZ was less than a second faster in 1:25 (1min 25 sec) or so race laps. Once again, props to the YFZ- But it doesn't mean Honda is an inferior product. We could poke holes all day long at products that Yamaha continues to manufacture, but what's the point?

Old 01-29-2004, 09:21 PM
Elite Pro Rider

learning- I see you put you are buying a new honda 450. That explains it all. lol

Old 01-29-2004, 11:36 PM
Range Rover

Edited by ATV Connection moderator

What about free speech?

The forums are private forums operated by ATV Connection Magazine. ATV Connection reserves the right to delete or edit any content on the forums.

Old 01-29-2004, 11:44 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HAHAHA

OMG, that is the funniest thing I have heard in a while. I hope u had ur flame suit on dude, you had it coming![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-29-2004, 11:44 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Lets keep the punches above the belt.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] DING, DING. Round 2

Old 01-29-2004, 11:47 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: blviper26
Edited by ATV Connection moderator

What about free speech?

The forums are private forums operated by ATV Connection Magazine. ATV Connection reserves the right to delete or edit any content on the forums.

!
That sounds like ***** envy to me!!!!! 14' mins is right!!!! Honda has built lack luster motors!!!! They built the 450f to compete with the 426F!!!!! The xr400 got raped by the wr250f in power and performance!!!! When did honda ever build a fast quad????? 250R??? How long ago was that????? The 400ex is definately a HAS BEEN!!!! Honda bikes are having a few problems as well!!!! You would not believe the number of people I race with that has traded in or sold or selling their Honda CRF250!!! I don't see what difference it makes if honda falls to second or not!!!!! I mean for the longest time Polaris was the top ute, now its not!!! Honda fans think its IMPOSSIBLE for them to take SECOND place for once!!!!! Its like Chevy Verus Ford on which is the best, For won the truck of the year, Chevy has won it before!!!!!!!! SO to all honda fans, its not over for you, just admit when Yamaha is building better products!!!!! Reliability, you can say waht you want, they all have their probs!!! Yamaha deserves credit!!!!

Old 01-29-2004, 11:56 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To be honest , we all know all the brands build a good machine. I think people just get tired of hearing poeple like 14mins bring up a topic to bash on another quad. I dont really give to cents what u ride, just as long as you ride.

On the other hand, one good thing about 14mins topic is that it gives us plenty of entertainment. For that, I give you props 14mins. Keep up the good work.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-30-2004, 12:33 AM
RIP Dear Friend

Originally posted by: blviper26
14 mins comes back w/ another great trash talking comeback, the reason for this is because of his---------------------, he has to bash on what he can not have. (Kind a lot like a woman) What a loser. What kind of guy starts a topic over the net thats going to lead to arguing. -------------------------------
This really bothers me when a forum member applies this tactic. It not going to work here when I see it.

Old 01-30-2004, 02:19 AM
Pro Rider

So the 450R is not as powerful as the new Yamaha. That doesn't make it a lackluster motor. From what I've seen, cc for cc, it is the Raptor that is lackluster. I'm not trying to talk down anyone's machine here, but I think it should perform better stock and modified.

My stock overweight DS has not lost a drag to a stock Raptor yet. Maybe I haven't raced enough of them, but from my experiences the 650 DS is faster than the 660 cc (and lighter) Yamaha. I haven't heard of any DS's with broken gears or rods sticking out of the cases either. And don't think I'm bashing Yamaha, because I have had a couple and my Banshee is still my favorite ATV.

Honda did finally bring out a CBR 1000 RR. I imagine that it won't have the power of the GSXR 1000, but I am anxious to see if it is competitive on the track. But really, for the most of us, any one of those super bikes are way beyond our riding abilities. I think that I am a very good quad rider and my CBR 929 was way beyond my abilities.

Besides, if I need a faster Honda, I'll call Curtis Sparks. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-30-2004, 03:27 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Daren- you are right the raptor is "lackluster" from the factory. For around 200 more bucks that is not the case anymore. You can't do that with a honda 450.

Quick Reply: How come honda builds lackluster motors?