Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will a bone-stock YFZ450 endure an amateur's full race season

I think the Honda's are Showa?

Old 02-11-2004, 12:15 AM
Pro Rider

Yeah! that's the one! Thanks!

Are both of those companies Japanese? Where they making those shocks?

Hey Ridley, is the YFZ shock the same length as the Raptor shock? How would the valving be? I have a use for some YFZ shocks since they can be had pretty darn cheap from the guys that strip 'em. Whatcha think?

Old 02-11-2004, 12:31 AM
Pro Rider

I'm actually lookin for somethin to put on my Wolverine [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Don't have the cash at this very moment cause I got a 220 dollar speeding ticket to pay LOL but I will have to see if anyone else does it and how it works. I was hoping that they were valved stiff cause the Wolv front end will weight quite a bit more.... But I imagine the valving would help me not bottom so bad on the small jumps that it sees all the time!

Old 02-11-2004, 12:36 AM
Trailblazer

had a few questions for you guys who own yzf's 450s.i was talking to a guy who owns one.he told me he has had a few different problems with his bike.first the battery over charged,second he broke a lower a arm, and last he has had problems with the head overheating?his friend works at a yama dealership and told him they are having alot of people having these prblems.any info?

Old 02-11-2004, 02:01 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Ridley
Battery...some people had this problem. Bad lot of parts they claimed. Supposedly fixed

Lower a arms breaking? Not too many, although there have been some. Not very common

Head overheating?? LOL, I haven't heard that one really. Could be anything, and definetely is not a COMMON problem.

The biggest problem I've seen is people doing mods to these engines and not jetting properly and destroying the motors. These quads are a bit lean from the factory, and WILL NOT handle changes like slip ons, and aibox mods without rejetting.
Couldnt agree with you more Rid, alot of the companies that manufacture pipes for my YZF dirtbikes all claim that you do not have to rejet at all! I had Dr. D pipes on both the modified bikes when they were stock, Dr. D claimed that you didnt have to rejet, I did and I saw alot of difference!

Old 02-11-2004, 06:13 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: thomez
Originally posted by: KrawI thought the stock shocks on the YFZ were made by Elka?
I don't think anyone answered your question, but no, Elka doesn't make the stock YFZ shocks. They are.... Kayaba? Something like that. I believe it is a Japanese shock company. Also guys, are the TRX shocks made by the same company too? I think they might be... I need to get my Elkas onto my bike... oh wait... I need LT arms for that... oh wait... that means I need a grand... oh wait I don't have a grand [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
ok, that's it.. I knew it was something like that!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

thanks! I was JUST about to make a new thread on it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]