Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

How about the new yamaha?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2004, 05:51 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How about the new yamaha?

Hey looking for someone with fisrthand experience on the new yamaha model.

I'm thinking about upgrading the blaster for the YFZ450, but I'm a little nervous about buying another yamaha...since the banshee incident!!!!!

Thanks for any input... and take care y'all!!!

Old 03-22-2004, 05:58 PM
Pro Rider

what was the banshee incident?

Old 03-22-2004, 06:05 PM
Range Rover

wow....temperance...Thats close!

Anywho.....the shee's coolant froze...broke the water pump impeller....overheated and damaged the crank...and then started knocking....all of this 4 months after I bought it......(a local dealer was to blame for not mixing coolant properly)

Old 03-22-2004, 06:06 PM
Range Rover

well, i have heard good things about the 450... but one day me and my friend were riding on the trails and we met a guy on one last summer, like right after they came out, and we talked to him for a while, then all three of us rode togeather and he was a preaty good rider on the trails.... and up here in wisconsin the trails are one big whoops and rythims section. and well me and my friend on our blasters could easily keep up to him on his 450 and he said he was riding as hard as her could. but then again we ride that trail all the time, but still, if we could keep up on blasters....... that isnt really showin much for the 450... but now i got the rappy, so i can smoke everybody around here. lol

Old 03-22-2004, 07:02 PM
Trailblazer

im sure you can do a search for yfz450 and find all the answers you are lookin for, there are many topics and info about it, mainly its strong for stock, but with not so much mod potential from what people say...

Old 03-22-2004, 07:20 PM
Range Rover

Kay...thats all well and good.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]. However I'm more concerned with repair issues ...is it another yamaha oopsey??

I don't want another machine to break after 4 months!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img](

Old 03-22-2004, 07:27 PM
Pro Rider

Dont even think that a blaster can keep up with a yfz on a mx track. Put the same rider on the two quads and if he prefers a blaster he is mentally retarded or 4'6" 85lbs.

I have nothing but excellent things to say about my yfz. It is by far the best bike i have ever ridden. I have had 0 problems and i have owned it since last July. It is great in the sand, dirt, hillclimbing, mx track, anything you want to put in front of it. I would highly recommend buying one!

Check out my album, you can see i have put some seat time on both 450 models and obviously i prefer the yfz.

Trending Topics

Old 03-22-2004, 08:20 PM
Range Rover

thanks for the info...I think I might upgrade this fall....Gotta pass the blaster on to one of my girls anyhow...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-23-2004, 12:11 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Stillander
im sure you can do a search for yfz450 and find all the answers you are lookin for, there are many topics and info about it, mainly its strong for stock, but with not so much mod potential from what people say...
The banshee and yfz are two totally different quads in every aspect as you may know. If i were you, id go with it, im sure you will love it.

Old 03-23-2004, 12:29 AM
Range Rover

Go with the YFZ. I had a blaster and up-graded to a YFZ. I know first hand that the YFZ is way better. I havent rode the ol Blaster in for about 2 months. I rode it yesterday and it feels tiny, weak, and no where near as nice of a ride. Dont get me wrong, the Blaster is a decent bike for the money but no where near a YFZ. There isnt any way the blaster can keep up with the bike. Maybe the rider but not the bike. My Blaster is bored 60 over and has FMF pipe and silencer and I couldnt catch my brother around a small track when he was on my 450. I would catch him in the corners ( i ride better than him) but as soon as the straight line was there....GONE! Couldnt hang with him. YFZ is nice!