Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

ANYONE TRIED THE POWROLL 430 KIT

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2004, 07:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ANYONE TRIED THE POWROLL 430 KIT

I was checking out powrolls site when i seen the 430 kit for my warrior. I became real interested in it and wondering if anyone has tried it and if they think it is worth the time and $$$

Old 04-13-2004, 07:38 PM
Weekend Warrior

I seen it to and am debating between that and the alba stroker kit..They say w/ then powroll kit u need to have your cases machined i dont about all but besides that it look like a good buy..The alba kits looks good to i am really boggled on what to get..Let me know wich one you get and how u make out ..

Old 04-13-2004, 08:24 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

call four stroke tech, i dunno the number, do a search and you will find it. or call trinity, but fourstroke tech is suppose to be the top people for warriors. they make a 435 and a 446 kit.

Old 04-14-2004, 03:48 AM
Weekend Warrior

I'd stay away from Powroll if I were you. I ordered a big bore kit from them but decided to return it. They scratched up the piston and told me they would not refund me the whole amount. Every thing was in perfect condition when I sent it back. I think that Powroll is crooked.

Old 04-14-2004, 09:58 AM
Pro Rider

Powroll is a good place to deal with. Their parts are top notch. Something tells me that you're not telling us the whole story. If you returned your piston, it should have been left in the orignal box that it came from (Probably a J.E. piston)...in which case it wouldn't have been scratched. If you opened it up and got greasy finger prints on it and damaged any of the packaging, it's worthless to them. How can they resell a part that doesn't look "new"??? I'm sure that's where they are coming from. It makes business sense. I've dealt with them in the past and they have always treated me right. One bad experience (where we don't know the whole story) is not worth giving up on a company that has been doing 4-stroke work for a very long time. I don't know about the warrior, but their Raptor and 400EX engine kits are well worth the money.

Old 04-14-2004, 11:00 AM
Elite Pro Rider

i know that powroll does work for alba. as far as powroll doing crooked business that isn't right they are very concerned about there engines performing proper. i have one of there 400 honda kits works just like they said it would (exactly like they said it would) i have a few friends with raptor kits work great. have a friend that had a raptor worked on at a shop they totally screwed his engine, powroll gave them a new cam, and they knew the problem was the mechanic. and you won't find nicer people to work with.

Old 04-14-2004, 12:44 PM
Pro Rider

Look at the guy who has 2 posts and comes in bashing Powroll........you're full of it dood.

Their technical service, sales, parts, and well designed proven kits are top notch.

I ran a Powroll 400 cc kit in my ol' Warrior for a couple years. The .430/.430 cam, ported and documented gains on the head via flowbench - FLOW DATA, not b.s., stroker crank, and .080 overbore.

Yeah the torque was great, and it rev'd hard for a 2 valve head. I could hang with 400ex's, but you're not going to touch any of the new 450 class machines.

Even with dual rate works shocks and a steering dampner, the good old warrior (in my opinion) just isn't worth dropping $1000-$1500 into the motor, and add another $500-1000 for suspension and other mods.

Even if you've got a used warrior worth $2500, then drop another $2000 into mods, you now still have a dated machine worth $4500, when that money could be used towards a new 450 class machine or Predator.

Been there done that with big bore Warriors and Banshees, and I'm the happiest I am in years after selling/trading off 4 yamaha quads to now own 2 Troy Lee Predators.

GO PREDDY POWER - don't knock it till you tried it. I love beating Raptors on my preds, the Rappy owners really hate that though. <grins>

Old 04-14-2004, 03:04 PM
Pro Rider

thanks for the ideas... powroll seasms to no there 4 strokes real well !

Old 04-14-2004, 03:26 PM
Pro Rider

i don't intend on racing tracks I just want some more power and to be able to keep up with or beat some of the new 400

Old 04-14-2004, 06:05 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: Heapster
Look at the guy who has 2 posts and comes in bashing Powroll........you're full of it dood.

Their technical service, sales, parts, and well designed proven kits are top notch.

I ran a Powroll 400 cc kit in my ol' Warrior for a couple years. The .430/.430 cam, ported and documented gains on the head via flowbench - FLOW DATA, not b.s., stroker crank, and .080 overbore.

Yeah the torque was great, and it rev'd hard for a 2 valve head. I could hang with 400ex's, but you're not going to touch any of the new 450 class machines.

Even with dual rate works shocks and a steering dampner, the good old warrior (in my opinion) just isn't worth dropping $1000-$1500 into the motor, and add another $500-1000 for suspension and other mods.

Even if you've got a used warrior worth $2500, then drop another $2000 into mods, you now still have a dated machine worth $4500, when that money could be used towards a new 450 class machine or Predator.

Been there done that with big bore Warriors and Banshees, and I'm the happiest I am in years after selling/trading off 4 yamaha quads to now own 2 Troy Lee Predators.

GO PREDDY POWER - don't knock it till you tried it. I love beating Raptors on my preds, the Rappy owners really hate that though. <grins>
okay i don't want to diss anyone but a friend of mine who is brand loyal to polaris sleds tried out the predator
and still ended up getting a rappy i've driven them before to don't think I would buy one either

Quick Reply: ANYONE TRIED THE POWROLL 430 KIT