Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Utah riders..

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2004 | 09:50 AM
Range Rover
Default Utah riders..

LTZlightning, Hatch is a small town close to Bryce Canyon, it's also close to Duck Creek and about 35 miles or so from Cedar City. Have 10 acres in a beautiful ponderosa pine forest bordering BLM and national forest land. Close to Mammoth Creek, Mammoth Caves, Sevier River, Navajo Lake and Panguitch Lake. We caught 16 trout at Panguitch 3 weeks ago. Going back up next weekend for a week, can't wait!

Old 07-04-2004 | 11:53 AM
Range Rover
Default Utah riders..

I live in South Ogden Utah and ride mountains and dunes. Prairie does good in the mountains as I have tested it at Whitney, Gooseberry (salina), Piute, Bountiful, Logan and 3.5 mile pass (we went to 5 mile and turned of the first place we seen and went riding...was later told we didnt quite make it to 5-mile :-0). Had a KFX 400 and thought that was good for trails and desert...but my newest addition (YFZ 450) has really built on the sand and track experience...we ride little sahara, noles, and delle mostly...but would like to try price and kanab. My boy has a CR 85 and I wanted something i could chase him around the track with...the cost of upgrading my stock KFX shocks was the same amount as upgrading to the YZ...so i just upgraded the bike and have no regrets...i really did like the KFX 400...reverse, good power for a 400, and very predictable and well handling bike. Jetting is a constant hassle for this area and would like to know what people with their bikes (especially if you have any that i mentioned above) have done...see mods in sig. Would like to hook up with more local area enthusiasts or some people from out of state visiting...I am just getting into the sport...came back from overseas after being gone 14 years...no riding quads in Japan. But the ole tricks i learned on the motorcyle is filtering in so its coming back.

Glad to see a post getting Utah riders chatting...we need to do a thread on dealers in Utah...i have to find a good dealer with good mechanics...the two that cover all the makes ( yama, suk, kaw, and honda) in the Ogden area are run by the same people (Newgate and Layton Cylce) and I am not overly impressed with either.

Hope we get good response from the Utah riders...good idea on the post...enjoy.

Old 07-05-2004 | 10:49 AM
Pro Rider
Default Utah riders..

Mybe you guys can help us. We sould like to fly in to somehere in UTAH, rent 2 quads and enjoy
the mountain trails. WE like fairly easy trails with lots of scenery. I have the Honda riders guide on where to ride, BUT there are way too many choices in Utah. We have about 5 days to accomplish this task. Perfect would be to ride a day, sight see a day in the rental car, and then ride two or three days somewhere else.
We did this at theHatfield and McDoy trails in West Virginia and really enjoyed the expierence.

Old 07-05-2004 | 11:56 AM
Range Rover
Default Utah riders..

gsettle0821

I will give ya some recommendations:

Option 1: Fly into SLC ... swing by tooele and rent your bikes...good little rental shop there with decent prices for week and weekend (dont know if you like sports quads but they also have the new yz450 and honda 450trx...have ute quads too)...then pending the type of riding you do...head directly south and if you are more into ute riding hit 5 mile pass (1 hour drive from Tooele) or hit Little Sahara (you can ride utes here too but alot of sports bikes for the dunes...alot of trails however for utes...great site is sand mountain and watching all the different quads shoot up that hill). Then travel down south to see some of the attractions (arches etc...). Then hit the Piute trail in Marysville for your 3 day quad trip....ton of trails and you wont even have to ride the same trail any of the 3 days...they say this is one of the best trail systems in US....takes you by waterfalls, old silver mines, and some rustic little downs.

Option 2: Fly into Vegas...rent some quads...hit pink coral sands or the new rec complex down in st george (water, trails and sand)...visit some of the sites down South again such as the arches...then hit the piute trial system...Piute is a must if your an ATV enthusiast...really neat system. Hope you have fun...anyone else got input here.

Old 07-05-2004 | 02:52 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Utah riders..

Originally posted by: Majorecho
Duneme, can't a guy have a little fun ?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
I like your sig- I know I be making tons more HP once my K&N power package gets here too!
You and Mark (duneme) are cracking me up. You realy thin k those big heavy DS's can hang with pinheads 686? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-05-2004 | 03:00 PM
Pro Rider
Default Utah riders..

Redskin,
You got me all wrong man! I never claimed that a DS could hang with a built 686 , I'm not dissing his rappy, just wanted to see it run, those fast rappies and 450's are the king of 4 strokes out here. Just thought it might be fun to see pinheads bike run the mountain.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-05-2004 | 03:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Utah riders..

I wish I could make it out to Utah to see those 686's run.

Maybe you guys could talk them into coming to Sand Mt. NV this year for Labor Day Weekend?

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-05-2004 | 03:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Utah riders..

Originally posted by: Majorecho
Redskin,
You got me all wrong man! I never claimed that a DS could hang with a built 686 , I'm not dissing his rappy, just wanted to see it run, those fast rappies and 450's are the king of 4 strokes out here. Just thought it might be fun to see pinheads bike run the mountain.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Oh, well then, my bad [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img].
Originally posted by: DuneMe
I wish I could make it out to Utah to see those 686's run.

Maybe you guys could talk them into coming to Sand Mt. NV this year for Labor Day Weekend?

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
DuneMe, I'm going to talk to Larry (eaglecollector) about it after he returns from Montana in a couple weeks and see if he's a go. I think it might interfere with a planned trip to LeeVining in the sierra Nevada mountains though, but, maybe we can swing by the hill since we'll be more than half way there anyway. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] We'll see what happens, would love to video another dune area.

Old 07-05-2004 | 03:40 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Utah riders..

Lee Vining. . . ah memories. . .

My Girlfriend then, Wife now were on a camping trip and this was our first night. Borrowed a blow-up mattress from her uncle and put it in the back of the truck. Dang thing had an air leak in it so, we both ended up sinking in the middle and basically sleeping on the bead-liner - Man, that sucked!

Yeh, shouldn't be too far from Sand Mt. at that point. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 07-05-2004 | 04:41 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Utah riders..

I live in St. George UT. I ride coral pink sand dunes just out side of Kanab UT just about every weekend.
I just sold my banshee and raptor and am picking up new 2005 YFZ 450 this weekend. I live about 15 miles from hurricane sand dunes but do not ride there much to many rocks.