Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Once again Wolverine, scrambler500

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2004, 09:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Once again Wolverine, scrambler500

i would pick the wolverine because i like to ride a machine, not be riden buy it. on a wolverine you can through it around with confidence but the scrambler has more wight to through around. also the scrambler does NOT have real 4wd. it has awd. whats the diffrence? HALF THE TIME WHEN YOU PUT IT IN AWD IT RUNS IN 2WD! THE WOLVERINE IS IN 4WD ALL THE TIME! SO THE WOLVERINE HAS THE REAL 4WD NOT THE SCRAMBLER!!!!!

Old 11-18-2004, 09:23 PM
Range Rover

no matter how much I would love to agree with you (I'm a die hard yamaha guy) the wolvys 4x4 has a fron diff which means it's turing all the wheels alot of the time except whe one tire gets real agrivated then that front diff realy kicks in. and the diff takes the path of least resistance.

Old 11-18-2004, 11:28 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: moldycheese
i would pick the wolverine because i like to ride a machine, not be riden buy it. on a wolverine you can through it around with confidence but the scrambler has more wight to through around. also the scrambler does NOT have real 4wd. it has awd. whats the diffrence? HALF THE TIME WHEN YOU PUT IT IN AWD IT RUNS IN 2WD! THE WOLVERINE IS IN 4WD ALL THE TIME! SO THE WOLVERINE HAS THE REAL 4WD NOT THE SCRAMBLER!!!!!
Here is your Polaris Lesson 101 today:

By "True 4wd", that means that ALL 4 TIRES SPIN. A Prairie and Grizz are the same wau when in 4wd and diff lock. All 4 tires spin. When a Polaris is swithced to 4wd (AWD) and the 4wd engages, ALL 4 TIRES SPIN. Not just 3 of them, ALL 4!. That is still "TRUE (meaning all 4 tires) are spinning) 4wd". Now, the Polaris machines dont say "True 4wd", they say "True AWD". When switched to AWD, the machine is infact still in 2wd until the system senses the rear tires spinning 1/5 more than the front (15%). The it locks the front wheels and ALL 4 TIRES SPIN!
Now, you are better educated in the ways of Polaris so next time you can give FACTUAL info out![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Oh, and BTW, the scrambler has no problems carving the corners because you can just powerslide it, really let it hang out! , because unlike the wolverine the scrambler can be put in 2wd at any speed. Now if you want that with a Wolverine, you have to go out and buy a Warn 424. Something that SHOULD have come on the machine from the get go to really honestly be able to call it a "sport-utility". I have never once felt like like the scrammy way riding me instead of me riding it. I guess some people just cant handle the bigger, more powerful machines.

Old 11-19-2004, 12:22 AM
Pro Rider

Originaly I wanted to buy a scrambler. I actualy bought one used and then the guy turned me down and gave me my money back. I was confused on which to get, A scrambler OR A wolverine!. I am a small 14 year old kid at 5'2 and 110 pounds. I wanted a small atv like the wolverine, but I like speed so thats why I bought the scrambler. The guy ends up turning me down and then I get the wolverine. The scrambler isnt taht much faster at maybe 5 mph most but it gets up to it alot faster then the wolverine. And the fact that the wolverine is a full time 4x4 (Limited slip drive 3wd). And the scrambler is awd which means when the back wheels slip the front wheels start going to work. I would really rather a real 4x4 instead of awd.

-------------------------
04 Honda Rubicon
03 Kawasaki prairie 360 4x4
01 Yamaha wolverine FMF megamax, K&N air filter. warn 1500 , moose fender extensions, oxlite bootguards, maier hand guards and more.

Old 11-19-2004, 07:42 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"When switched to AWD, the machine is infact still in 2wd until the system senses the rear tires spinning 1/5 more than the front (15%). The it locks the front wheels and ALL 4 TIRES SPIN!"

Which is why, if you have to have "true 4wd", you buy a new Kawi or Grizz or Kodiak, etc. You push the diff lock button or lever, and you have true 4wd WHEN YOU WANT IT, not when your rear tires slip and THE MACHINE AND ITS' SENSORS decide to let you have it. That is, assuming the hubs are not stuck on or stuck off, which I have witnessed numerous times.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-19-2004, 09:11 AM
Range Rover

you guys know whats kind of funny, 4x4 means that all the wheels will turn from the engins power. true 4x4 means all the wheels will contine to turn no mater what, none of them stop moving. and if you don't beleive well then I guess that there really arn't any 4x4 truck out the because most of them do not have all the wheells turing at the same time.

Old 11-19-2004, 09:19 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

If the Polaris 4x4 system is sooo bad........why are they winning all of the mud bogs?? If you still don't think so, you take your best ute quad......and one of our sportsmans and we'll see who comes through the mud hole..........

PS........this isn't with your crappy friend driving either, I'll be the driver here........nothing but hammer down......Oh yea, and we'll be using the 800......

Old 11-19-2004, 11:13 AM
Range Rover

the only reason why the polaris would win is beacause of the ground clearence. and the polarises don't win all of the mud bog compititions.

Old 11-19-2004, 11:16 AM
Pro Rider

BORING!

Old 11-19-2004, 11:19 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by1ShotScott

you guys know whats kinof funny 4x4 means that all the wheels will turn from the engins power. true 4x4 means that it has a locker in the front diff. and if you don't beleive well then I guess that there are really any 4x4 truck out the because most of them donot have a lock diff.
What?

Quick Reply: Once again Wolverine, scrambler500