Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

All years of two stroke red sticker?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 09:43 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default All years of two stroke red sticker?

there is a rumor going around that in 2006 all two strokes of all years will be going to red sticker!! is there any truth in this? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 04-07-2005, 09:48 PM
Pro Rider

no, if you already own a 2 stroke, your fine

Old 04-07-2005, 09:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

cool man thanks. i needed to know i wouldnt want to have to get rid of my shee i love that thing. thanks for clearing that up for me.

Old 04-07-2005, 10:25 PM
Pro Rider

can someone explain the green/red sticker thing in cali?

Old 04-08-2005, 01:54 AM
Quad Patrol

ZimRaptor, here you go,

California Air Resources Board (ARB) established regulations to limit the use of Off-Highway Vehicles (OHVs) that do not meet emission standards applicable for California OHV riding areas. After the regulations were established, ARB and DMV worked together to develop criteria for identifying non-complying OHVs. OHVs are registered by the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). A red or green sticker is issued depending upon certain criteria.

Green stickers are issued for all California OHVs year model 2002 and older, including those that were previously issued a red sticker, and to 2003 and newer complying vehicles. Green stickers are issued to OHVs for year round use at all California OHV riding areas.

Red stickers are issued to 2003 year model and newer OHVs that are not certified to California OHV emission standards. If your OHV has a "3" or "C" in the eighth position of the vehicle identification number (VIN) then your vehicle will be issued a red sticker. Red stickers are issued to OHVs that can use California OHV riding areas for seasonal use only.

Old 04-08-2005, 01:21 PM
Pro Rider

This exactly what I thought. When I bought my 03 Banshee LE in Dec. of 02 I recieved a Red sticker for the first two year period. I just recieved my new sticker and It's green, I'm thinking I got lucky because I bought it in 02?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 04-08-2005, 01:31 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: LOWBOWTIE
This exactly what I thought. When I bought my 03 Banshee LE in Dec. of 02 I recieved a Red sticker for the first two year period. I just recieved my new sticker and It's green, I'm thinking I got lucky because I bought it in 02?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
Is your Banshee a '02 or '03 model year? Did you happen to check the eighth digit on your VIN, to see if maybe DMV screwed up? I think it's great you got a green sticker[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Just curious to the questions I posted above[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-08-2005, 01:44 PM
Pro Rider

Same thing happened with my 03 KTM 250EXC 2 stroke. Bought in Dec 02 and rec'd red sticker for first 2 years and then rec'd green sticker at last renewal. Don't have serial number info with me but suspect that may have something to do with fact that I purchased in Dec 02. I also have an 03 KDX220 purchased in 03 and the latest renewal was red.

Old 04-08-2005, 02:22 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: rescuediver
Is your Banshee a '02 or '03 model year? Did you happen to check the eighth digit on your VIN, to see if maybe DMV screwed up? I think it's great you got a green sticker[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Just curious to the questions I posted above[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
It's An 03 and the Last time I checked the VIN it's required to have a RED sticker according to the VIN #. I used to have a RED sticker and Now I have a Green. I was guessing that either 1 = that they screwed up and gave me the wrong one or 2 = That beings it was sold in 02 that May make it eligable for a Green sticker.

According to the web site on all accounts it should be red sticker. lol[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-08-2005, 02:38 PM
Quad Patrol

According to the web site on all accounts it should be red sticker. lol[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
SShhhhhhh[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]