Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

need banshee clutch help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 12:01 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need banshee clutch help!!!!

clutch don't work. it is easy to pull like cable is broke the arm it hooks to is moving but it will not disigauge?

took it apart last night but i can not get the shaft out behind the ball? shaft never moves?

can not get the peace out that the cable is hooked to?

i still do not know what is wrong and im stuck?

any one know what is wrong. how do i fix it?

it is an 02 with a couple of mods and not that many hours on it.

Old 05-25-2005, 09:15 PM
Trailblazer

anyone????

Old 05-26-2005, 10:12 AM
Pro Rider

Look at the arrow at the end of the clutch arm, is it alinged with the arrow on the case? If not then the arm is damaged and won't be able to move the clutch rod. Try to pull out the rod with a magnet, will it come out? If not there is another problem, the end of the left side of the clutch rod is mushroomed over. This can be fixed it two ways, but neither way is any fun. Hard way #1, Dissassemble the entire motor and split the cases and slide the clutch rod out of the left side of the transmission shaft that it is in. This way will take some time and work and will require the replacment of many gaskets and seals. Hard way #2, use a dremel or file to grind the mushroomed over part down and slide it out of the right side. This sounds much easier but it requires working in tight areas and a lot of grinding. Also you'll have to flush the motor out clean over and over again till this is NO metal in it at all. Just a little metal in the tranny and you have will problems, I would go with Hard way #1 to be safe. I'm sorry do hear about your problem, I've been through this before and its frustrating. Good luck any questions just ask.

Old 05-26-2005, 12:15 PM
Trailblazer

thanks not what i wanted to hear!!!!!!

how can i fix it so it does not do this again?

Old 05-26-2005, 06:14 PM
Trailblazer

so any one have any instrutions on how do do this? how hard is it to fix, and how long will it take? what seals and gaskets will i need and is there any after market kit that will make it so i don't have to do it again?

Old 05-31-2005, 02:02 PM
Pro Rider

I know thats not what you wanted to hear believe me I didn't want to hear it either. I'd buy a clymer manual, its the most helpful manual out and you can do anything with it. There is an aftermarket kit that prevents the ball and rod from welding together but that is a different problem (it wouldn't be a bad idea to put one it while you have it apart) But to prevent this from happening again, make sure the clutch is adjusted right and that the arrows on the clutch arm and the case are lined up. I'll try and find that aftermarket ball and i'll post a link.