Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

How much is the fine for riding on the street?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 01:27 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much is the fine for riding on the street?

while im 16 i live in a small town aka hick town the town cops dont care about where you ride as long as u r using ur head and obeying the rules of the road theyll leave you alone but somtimes you get a sate tropper or two that will pull you over neither because some one pissed in his cerial that day or he doesn't own one but like i said i live in a small town and most of the cops own 1 so they understand and as long as ur registerd and insured they could care less.

Old 11-27-2005, 01:33 PM
Pro Rider

where i live i can ride any motorcycle under 50cc's like a crf50f on the streets and it doesn't even have to be street legal. the cops said they consider it a bike.

Old 11-27-2005, 07:18 PM
Pro Rider

To legally ride on the streets here, it's only $16 for a plate, and $18 for liability insurance.

Old 11-27-2005, 07:44 PM
Pro Rider

over where i live the first time i believe its 100 dollars the secound time is 500 dollars and the third time is 1,000 the bike gets impounded and you spend 15 days in jail. so i havnt been caught yet but im carefull when i ride on the streets and i repect my neighbors and try not to go to fast and try not to go were i know kids will be. we have alot of kids that ride around on quads and they go really fast and dont care but they use there quads as transportation. if it snows there are hundreds of quads out you can stand in front of your house and you just hear all the engines. everyone one is tired of it. i of course could care less if people ride in the street.

Old 11-27-2005, 09:51 PM
Trailblazer

6 months ago i was 15 and got followed to my house and he said that there was nothing he could do if ur not 16.
Stay young ;-).

Old 11-28-2005, 05:23 PM
Pro Rider

At 15 you are wise enough to know that you shouldn't be doing it so, just don't do it. Whether or not you get into trouble is not the point. If both of us are walking down the street and nobody is around, I could probably get away with giving you a swift kick in the taco but, I wouldn't do it. Why, because I shouldn't.
Where I live, they take your bike/atv/snomobile and impound it. They usually send a tow-truck, not a flat bed. So, your bike is not going to be taken real good care of. Then, they don't let you take the bike out of impound until you get it insured. While you are waiting to get it insured, you are racking up impound storage fees. You also would be hit with "aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle. No, it does not matter that you are 15. Unlicensed operation basically means you are driving/riding without a license. That is a misdameanor. There is also the possibility that the state would hold back your driving priviledges when you are 16. Also, if you evade the cops and they catch up with you, that would be wreckless driving, another misdameanor. If you speed to get away, run a stop sign etc, those offences would be tacked on as well.
I know this because I was a jacka$$ kid who thought it would be cool to ride on the streets on my CR125 when I was younger. I did not have the benefit of anyone telling me what could happen to me. I never made that mistake again.
Good luck.