Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Make room for me on the dark side.

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 08:13 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Make room for me on the dark side.

I have been riding a DS 650 for 4 years now and love the machine overall. It has been a resnabley reliable machine with only a couple electrical problems. When I bought it I wanted a Raptor but the dealer had the DS sitting there for a lot less money so I took it. Now with the advent of the new 700 Raptor I have been looking at them again. So Saturday I took my well used DS to a consignment place and today it sold. Tomarow morning I am going to go get my new 700 Raptor.

Old 11-08-2005, 08:18 PM
Trailblazer

Congrats on the new raptor.....question for ya. I notice you have the atv rack for your truck, how do you like it?

Old 11-08-2005, 09:14 PM
Range Rover

CRUD!!! I put this in the wrong fourum. Can a mod please move it to Yamaha for me. Thanks. I could have sworn i was in the Yamaha room.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Ya The rack works awsome. A good freind of mine and I built it. I have abought $20 in it. He had the material on hand and he got it free, so, so did I.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Copy and past this link to see some much better pics of it.

http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/p...0&ppuser=18974

Thank ya much for the move.

Old 11-08-2005, 09:45 PM
Air
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BKrukow
I have been riding a DS 650 for 4 years now and love the machine overall. It has been a resnabley reliable machine with only a couple electrical problems. When I bought it I wanted a Raptor but the dealer had the DS sitting there for a lot less money so I took it. Now with the advent of the new 700 Raptor I have been looking at them again. So Saturday I took my well used DS to a consignment place and today it sold. Tomarow morning I am going to go get my new 700 Raptor.
Congrats on your sale and up coming purchase. I sold my DS a couple of months ago and bought the 700. I would do it again.

Old 11-08-2005, 10:22 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the new ride, happy to have another member join the yamaha club. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-08-2005, 11:55 PM
Pro Rider

Congrats on your choice. The 700 is a fine machine and I think you'll be pleased with it...........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Oh yeah, welcome to the dark side...........MMWAH, HA, HA!

Old 11-09-2005, 12:27 AM
Pro Rider

Congrats on a great switch! Dont make any mods to the motor without a programmer!

Ive found the stock suspension to be great for aggresive driving.

Old 11-11-2005, 07:56 PM
Range Rover

After putting some time on this thing at nite I can see the head pipes glowing real good. I realize this is perfectly normal but I also realize it means that it is borderline lean as is. I may try and convinse the wife I need a power comander for it and make that and skid plates my first mods. That way if I ever want to pipe it or anything in the future I am not forced to buy a power comander at the same time as the pipe. Now on to the fun stuff. This thing is blast to weelie(sp) on. It comes up so efertlessly and balances esaly. This makes it fun to run down the gravel road behind the house standing up with the front end in the air for a long ways. It is light and nimble in the air and has gobs of power. So far I am very glad I made the switch to the Raptor fom my DS.

Oh ya!!! It has reverse to!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 11-11-2005, 10:36 PM
Pro Rider

Reverse on a four hundred pound bike, that's genuis! Who would've thought that was necessary? Bomb didn't think so as there 650 was a lean 500 lbs. Any rider stuck in a precarious situation should be able to lift that bike right up and spin it around, no problem. Boy did they miss the boat here? It's a nice bike out here in the desert but back east in the woods... tight trails, nooo...

Next year it'll be a DS 800 EFI with reverse and an even bigger dry weight...

Welcome to the club!