Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Looking 4 an EXTREME clutch kit 4 Grizzly

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 12:51 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking 4 an EXTREME clutch kit 4 Grizzly

ive got a 03 660 grizz. i love it. its the best atv ive had. other then my yfz 450. its been thru hell and back. 11:1 wiesco. mud buster. epi clutch kit. f 28/10/12 r28/12/12 mudzillas. fmf ex. dyno jet. gorilla axles rear. front are on the way. yes it runs great. but i want more low end. i ride very very extreme. the polaris is geared extremley low. yes when i have rpm to work with it goes like hell. but that is not the point at this time. its like a truck with 3:55 gears and u want 4:10s. id like to have a little lower gearing. for crawling around and very thick deep mud. sometimes where i ride u cant hit these holes with the throttle on. and with this cam and size of tire. i have to have some rpm to get my engine in the power. so no. low is not low enough at times. in low it locks the pulleys so they do not gear up. so puting it in low does not give u a lower gear ratio. it just holds it in its lowest gearing. next is the 727 big bore. and maybe nitrous. im not your average utility rider. this thing gets harescrambled. and just plane beat. and im going to try the highlifter xtreme clutch kit. i always want more. so yes at higher rpm and going into a hole the old grizz does not mess around. but like i say where i ride i dont always have the option to hit it hard from the start. so put 28 inch zillas. that are one of the most heaviest tires on ur grizz. and come to a stop in some of the deepest thickest mud u can find. and then try to get those big meats moving. now its a different story. so this is why im on the hunt for some lower gearing. or if not. thats why the big bore and maybe nitrous is coming. i would not trade nor buy any other atv. i love my grizz. but i just want a little more. i guess really you would have to come ride with me to see what i mean. and no my buddy instigater is not bashing me. i just like the lower gearing of the polaris. my grizz will out run the polaris in a top end duel im sure. but im not here to drag race or have top speed competitions. these big quads were ment to do what instigater and i do with them. or at least in my mind thats what they should be for. i just like to ride as hard as possible at all times. so there you have it. this is why id want lower cogs in the old girl..

Old 11-13-2006, 07:55 PM
Trailblazer

Ive got an 02 Grizzz, best bike ive owned, i put a Dalton Clutch Kit in it with the 27"mudlites, low range go anywhere i want as slow as i want, no worries [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-13-2006, 08:05 PM
Pro Rider

i thought of a dalton. but from what i see. they dont change the springs on the primary clutch. the one in the engine. and i need higher stall speed. and mud lites are nice tires. i like itp. had 589,s. liked em alot. but they just are not mudzillas. and the mudzillas are 41 lbs rear a piece and 35 front. so im lugging alot of weight. guess i just never have enough he he

Old 11-13-2006, 09:22 PM
Pro Rider

yeah.... that's just too much tire for me... I'll stick to the 27" 589s....

Old 11-14-2006, 01:11 AM
Pro Rider

yea 589,s are one good tire. i loved mine. but the zillas pull way harder in the stuff i get into. but yes what ur running are great. i just need everything i can get... byk the way nice 450 it looks like u have. i love my 450 too. got the best of both worlds having both of them..

Old 11-14-2006, 10:43 AM
Pro Rider

Hey, FITS, looks like you'll just have to keep it reved and be military envy green.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 11-14-2006, 12:25 PM
Pro Rider

nah. come middle of winter. here comes the 727 and some more goodies. what the heck. faster tire speed. faster mud hole moving. oh yes. and the highlifter radiator im sure will be a must. no since ill have gorilla all the way around. im sure puting the power down wont be a problem. at least i hope. and they do make those little blue bottles that give instant horsepower.. may need some of that. just for certain purposes. eeeekkkk green. green reminds me of pees... yuk...he he

Old 11-14-2006, 03:13 PM
Pro Rider

Don't you dare try to post in the middle of the day again, without me knowing. I'll be watching you! Hey remember those dude's at H/M against the back lot? That one guy found me on the Polaris Forum. He "was looking for a dude with a Polaris smoking like crazy!" I said, "that's me, that' me!" LOL!!!! I told him no smoke no more, new quad!