Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Grizzly 700 has cold start issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007 | 07:32 PM
Trailblazer
Default Grizzly 700 has cold start issues

I called the dealer today and cap is not in yet [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] They said they ordered a new spark plug and gas cap that between the 2 that should fix it. Dont know what the plug change will do, just have to wait and see. And i run 94 octane.

Old 03-29-2007 | 08:23 PM
Trailblazer

I have a service manual and I got updates from my dealer after they sold me the wrong plug. I wanted it for a back up. Still don't have the right plug but here it is CPR7EA-9/NGK. It not a E8 plug as is in many Yamaha units. There are a list of updates you should be able to get. I know a number of guys with old grizz that gas did boil and Yamaha had a recall on them. But I think the grizz is the best ride I have had yet. Things will get worked out. My thanks to ColoradoBubba for starting this Thread.

Old 03-29-2007 | 08:31 PM
Trailblazer

Is this the right plug? CPR7EA-9/NGK

Old 03-29-2007 | 11:16 PM
Trailblazer

Greetings to DesertViper,

I just reviewed the electrical schmatic and I cannot find an "oil pressure sensor".
I actual hope there is one.

Can you help me identify it, by location or schmatic baloon number.

Thx

Best regards

Old 04-05-2007 | 01:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

I live in Minnesota and have had my New 700 grizzly two weeks. I have had this problem since the day I brought it home. Contacted Both dealer and Yamaha customer relations. Both indicated they knew nothing of these problems. The words "Class action Lawsuit" come to my mind. Severely angry Owner

Old 04-07-2007 | 12:40 PM
|
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Hals
I live in Minnesota and have had my New 700 grizzly two weeks. I have had this problem since the day I brought it home. Contacted Both dealer and Yamaha customer relations. Both indicated they knew nothing of these problems. The words "Class action Lawsuit" come to my mind. Severely angry Owner
I hear your pain! Read entire email thread! We found using 5-20 CW oil from Yamaha helped, also adjusting fuel mixture to 15 instead of 0, your unit may respond differantly on mixture, check plugs after a ride and see if mixture is burning correctly.
Your dealer needs to be trained, have them call the Twin Peaks Yamaha here in Longmont Colorado for instructions on what Twin Peaks did under Yamaha factory direction to fix issue.

Damn Yamaha Corperate support is full of @#%@#$ they do know! Maybe a lawsuit is the right way to go. Unbelieveable that they still don't acknowlege this issue. At least a good dealer will call factory rep and attempt to determine how to fix this. This is a great ATV but with this one ugly issue that they seem to want to hide, it makes Yamaha look like a bunch of rip off artists. Come on Yamaha lets be a leader instead of yet another "Stealer".

Old 04-07-2007 | 06:23 PM
Pro Rider

I just bought anouther Yamaha today. Its a 2007 Rhino 660 with a (gasp) carburator. I'm certain next years Rhino will have fuel injection, so you can see how impressed I have been with Yamaha's fuel injection system on my Grizzly 700 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img].

I agree it is irritating when Yamaha uses the lame "we've never heard of this" b u l l s h i t. They must not read their own surveys then, because I certainly let them know about the problem, and the fact that I was not happy about it.

DV

Old 04-09-2007 | 12:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

How do you make fuel mixture adjustments. Can you adjust idle? When I do get mine running it seems to idle to low and kills alot. Any help on fuel adjustments would be much appeciated.

Old 04-09-2007 | 01:11 PM
|
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Hals
How do you make fuel mixture adjustments. Can you adjust idle? When I do get mine running it seems to idle to low and kills alot. Any help on fuel adjustments would be much appeciated.
Check out this website: http://www.atvscene.com/machines/yam...riment-07.html

Note if you are not having your dealer do this adjustments you will need to confirm your mixture is correct (not too rich per the spark plug).
Change out oil only during cold weather then change it back for warm weather, not sure which oil would work for both hot and cold.

Adjust idle speed with screw on body of throttle body (location?) to ~1600 rpm when unit is warm. You will need an tach for this. Not part of onboard computer. Seems like it is too high of a idle but thats what they state.
Buy a repair manual it has procedure for setting mixture etc. including many diag codes etc.

Old 05-07-2007 | 04:27 PM
Pro Rider
Has Been Around Here Quite Awhile!

OK Guys, I just got me one too!! Only 1 hr on it so far, no problems. I wounder if they work these problems out before I got mine? Where do I find these POD setting. Is there a service manual out yet? Has anyone got one on e-bay on a cd yet? So many question I have but I know it's a great quad after riding my kodiak for 3000 miles before it was totaled which is another story. Has anyone put bigger tires on it yet? Do you think it will handle 27" tires with 14" wheels? This is the quad I have been waiting for! The power steering is something else!
Let's keep up this discussion and get me up to date. I'm having no problems in my first hours with the Grizz's, just dont want it to BITE me! Now I need another $1000 for wheels and tires, my wife is going kill me.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Grizzly 700 has cold start issues