Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Jetting 00 Warrior help

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 04:49 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jetting 00 Warrior help

Alright to start off i have a 00 yamaha warrior 350, all stock except for a DG exhaust. My problem is its running poorly in the top end, the guy i purchased it from never retuned the carb after installing the exhaust so im guessing (hoping) that is my porblem. Ill list exactly what its doing as to better give you an idea of what im dealing with. The bike runs fairly well all the way to 3/4 throttle after that it starts to run real choppy...loss of power, sputtering on and off...occasional backfire... not necessarily all at once...it may run clean for 5 seconds or so but for the most part 3/4t is the limit..and full throttle is basically all the symptoms listed to the max...with stalling to boot. I have searched the forums for similiar topics but im pretty much a novice at atv mechanics...although im pretty confident around a car with my trusty repair manual so the task of working on an atv is just a matter of learning. Back on subject though... i found a topic on rejetting and kits for such. So my question is to adjust my carb is it a matter of tuning(turning) my pilot/main jet/fuel screw? Or do you literally have to buy new jets??? and if so, how do you know which ones to get and such?

Thank you in advance

Old 05-04-2007, 08:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

Anyone ???????

Old 05-05-2007, 10:40 PM
Trailblazer

Hey, I hope this link works, or you can search the Yamaha forum for "plastic piece in carb" thread. I got some really goos replies. Sounds like you need a bigger main jet- you'll have to take yours out and see what size it is- like a 145- I know I had to bump up to a 150, a 155 was a bit too big. Just buy a couple and experiment. I went too big at first and had the top end sputter, I went back down to the 150 and it went away, but now I have a mid-range pop and now I need to adjust my needle.
Anyhow- they explained it to me very well in this thread.
Hope this helps!!
Sherri

http://forums.atvconnection.com/mess...ighlight_key=y

Old 05-07-2007, 12:25 AM
Weekend Warrior

alright thanks little woman....it was great answered everything really. pretty much exactly what my problem is...my next question is where did you get the jets from...dyno jet kit or did you buy them individually from a dealership? so far all i can find is the kits which run about 75bucs for little copper pins [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Thanks again
Morthose

Old 05-07-2007, 12:29 AM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!

Definately sounds like you need a bigger main jet. I wouldnt hold it wide open like it is, cause its running lean and you could blow it up.

Old 05-10-2007, 12:39 AM
Trailblazer

I got mine from a dealer. I had a 145 to start, so I got a 150 and 155. They also have some halfway between those. You can get the Dynojet kit for arround $60, it also includes a needle. But I'm sure the Yamaha main will get you going, after that you'll end up like me- changing carbs in your sleep!!! LOL I have 3 different ones (2 I recovered from parts of my stolen Warrior) so I experiment!!
Good luck

Old 06-03-2007, 06:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

did you ever get this to work out i have the same thing with a dg pipe
hey is yours very loud any way to wuiet it down a little i have all the disks in
thanks

Old 06-04-2007, 06:40 PM
Trailblazer

Yea, I got it worked out. I have 3 carbs, one has a Dynojet kit in it, I like that one. The mains are numbered differently than the stock ones are. The needle also has more slots on it.
Chances are you'll get a main you like and loose it somewhere else- I had to adjust my needle after I got a good main. Just takes time and trial and error. I carry a 12mm,6mm,10mm,a good phillips, and a main jet in my saddlebags!!
As for loud, I have a FMF powerbomb in front of a White Bros. pipe, it's pretty loud, but I like it. Most aftermarket pipes are louder than stock. Have you tried repacking?? Did you buy the pipe new? If not, you can take it apart and make sure all the parts are there. I had one that was missing the tube inside at the end and it was loud.
I know one thing- I rebuild Warrior carbs in my sleep now!!! LOL