Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

2000 Warrior 350 performance upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 12:55 AM
Pro Rider
Loves To Ride!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Warrior 350 performance upgrades

Finally got it fired up tonight! Got the head taken care of, and tommorow I am going to be jetting and rejetting. I put in a 165 main and it was running lean, and that was with duct tape over my airbox holes. Gonna go get a few tommorow and play around with it all day before I head back into work Saturday.

I was VERY impressed with the sound of that HMF pipe in combination with the header and KN filter. I have drilled out my airbox lid, but for the time being I am running duct tape over the holes just to make getting it jetted an easier process. I appreciate all the recommendations you guys had. I will try to get it cleaned up tommorow and get some pictures up on my profile! If anyone has any recommendations on the front end, and I have already had a few, start pouring em at me, because after the New Year and Uncle Sam refunds me some mulah that front end is getting the rebuild job, and I believe I will also get that Edelbrock carb.

Old 12-28-2007, 05:40 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

What's your spending limit on the front suspension? You can get a SWEET setup for about 1,400, but for about $800 you still get a decent setup that will be a lot better than stock.

In my opinion, and this is just my opinion, the ultimate front suspension setup on the Warrior is Wicked +3 a-arms and dual rate TCS shocks with reservoirs. The cheapest I'd go for a setup that will perform good and be reliable is ASR a-arms and Works shocks. I'm not a big fan of works shocks, but they're still going to make the ride much smoother than stock and handle the big bumps and jumps better as long as they're valved and sprung right. Just don't expect more than a couple years out of them before they need rebuilt or replaced.

Either way, the extended length braided stainless brake cables are a MUST with extended arms. Don't believe the bs claims that the stock lines work fine with extended a-arms, because even with +2 arms the hoses will be at their max, and actually get to the point that the rubber is stretching when the suspension is at full travel. This really sucks, not only from the standpoint that the lines may actually pull apart, but also that when the lines are at their limits like this you lose a lot of your braking power. I think that ASR has the best brake lines out there for the warrior, but the ones that come with Wicked are also great. Just don't get cheap ones, like tusk.

Old 12-28-2007, 07:39 PM
Pro Rider
Loves To Ride!

As much as I would love to go the ultimate route, I really cannot justify it. I'd rather save that $600 and with a bigbore/stroker kit; of which I will not do, anyway. I haven't messed with suspension yet really, besides greasing, so I am not sure exactly what all I will need to do an A Arm job. I ultimately want to go with +2 +1's, and just some intermediate shocks that will be better than stock. I am not looking for top of the line shocks. I also need some recommendations on good tie rods/rod ends and other accessories.

Old 12-28-2007, 07:40 PM
Pro Rider
Loves To Ride!

I would say $800 is my upper limit on the total cost of the front end work, but I would like to keep it closer to $600 if it all possible.

Old 12-29-2007, 07:14 PM
Pro Rider
Loves To Ride!

Hey Recon, what jets did you run before that Edelbrock? I put in a 170 today and covered all airbox holes and was still VERY lean.

Old 12-29-2007, 07:40 PM
Pro Rider
Loves To Ride!

Also, do any of you guys have a fair amount of ticking from the rockers? I always had some before my rebuild, and a checked and rechecked my valve adjustments before I sealed it up, so I do not think that is an issue. This jet thing has got me puzzled, though, because it seems like going over 170 is getting ridiculous, without the airbox even opened up. I trust the P&P job I had done, and he said that probably gained me 60CFM at the bare minimum, so perhaps I just got a hell of a P&P job and this thing wants more fuel? Let me know guys. Thanks.

Old 12-30-2007, 12:41 AM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!

My valves make a lot of fuss, too. I triple checked the settings to make sure they were right. Never had a problem with them. Mine was originally jetted for a pipe and filter and I didn't have to re-jet after the addition of a cam a P&P job.

Old 12-30-2007, 01:21 AM
Pro Rider
Loves To Ride!

How is yours jetted? It just seems like mine is extremely fuel hungry. I am going to check it out tommorow morning by spraying brak kleen around the carb and stuff to make sure I am not sucking air somewhere. I talked to one of my buddies who has been into this for a long time and he said it is sounding like I will need a 200+ range jet at this rate; which sounds ridiculous since he has a Polaris Sportsman 700 and only runs a 175.

Also, I wonder if it is just those titanium springs in combo with the WebCam that cause the fuss from the valves, since we have similar cam/spring set ups. (albeit you have the Kibble valves, though)

Old 12-30-2007, 06:51 PM
Pro Rider
Loves To Ride!

Rechecked everything today, not sucking air anywhere I shouldn't be, almost completely taped off the stock snorkel and am still running lean on a 170 jet. I am going to go out tommorow morning and pick up some bigger pilots and mains I guess.

I cannot even think about going over half throttle or it just bogs and chokes on itself.

Old 12-30-2007, 07:33 PM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!

I don't even know how mine is jetted. I bought it with the Curtis Sparks, K&N filter and jet kit already installed. After all the mods my jetting has been fine. It's actually too rich now with the +10mm stroker because it sucks more fuel/air in with the extra length of the stroke. If yours is bogging that sounds to me like it is too rich. Usually you have to install a bigger main jet and raise your needle like 2 notches.

Quick Reply: 2000 Warrior 350 performance upgrades