Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Well isn't that crazy

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 11:22 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well isn't that crazy

i'm still waiting for the police to finish getting the report into the system. and depending on what condition it is in i'll probably just buy it back from the insurance. maybe having two of them will do me some good.

Old 03-25-2008, 11:27 AM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!

Yeah you can never have too many, right? Then you'll have a spare for all of your free-loading friends to ride and tear up then you'll have to fix it! That's how my friends are anyway.

Old 03-25-2008, 11:31 AM
Pro Rider

well i'm in the process of moving to VA so i really don't know anyone. i might be able to get the girl friend on it. i'm not even sure how far huntersville is. it's kind of strange cause i was thinking about selling my other one till i got more established in VA. but it looks like i have no other choice but to buy a new truck and a trailer now. the GF is going to be pissed about that. always on me about me buying things i don't NEED. and we aren't even married yet. pfft.

Old 03-25-2008, 11:47 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

The insurance company has written this off as a loss. They do still have ownership of the quad, but the reality is, they have no use for it. Tell them you'll give them 300 dollars for it. They might just take it. Or they might say they'd take 500.

Now if it has a title, pretty sure they'll change it from a clear title to theft recovery.

Still, for a couple a hundred, you can't go wrong.

Old 03-25-2008, 11:51 AM
Pro Rider

i still have the title for it some where. i have no idea where it's at probably in my IMPORTANT paper lock box kinda a catch all container for all the crap i'll probably never need that often. and it's been 2yrs so most likely they have written it off. i'll have to call and check into it. like i said i haven't even seen the wheeler in 2yrs it could be trashed. i'm not sure if the people who stole it were smart enough to just buy a new key unit or if they just by passed it.

Old 03-25-2008, 05:43 PM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!

I'm sure they bypassed the key. But if you can get it back for $300-500 who cares? I had left the key in mine when they stole it, so luckily the key was still in it when I got it back. I figured if someone went through all of the trouble of breaking into my basement they would take it with or without the key. Mine was gone for three years and was in good shape when I got it back. I figured it would be torn all to pieces, but it was in good shape, just looked like it had been setting up in a barn the whole time. There was even a rat nest in the airbox, the seat was dry-rotted, even the o-rings in the chain were dry-rotted and everthing was rusty.

Old 03-25-2008, 08:12 PM
Pro Rider

I'm in nc. I will take it! what part are you in? I'm in thomasville, triad area

Old 03-26-2008, 09:19 AM
Pro Rider

i'll probably go get it this weekend. and if anything i can try to sell it or use it for parts and that alone would probably be worth what i might have to dish out for it. the way the cop sounded is the guy they caught with it just bought it from a guy in SC so it must not be in to bad of shape if the guy bought it. it's just crazy how it just pops up like that. and i'm in the fayetteville area for now.