Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor 700 exhaust help

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 05:57 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor 700 exhaust help

Hi i am new to the site. I was looking into buying a exhaust for my 08 raptor 700. Its completely stock rigth now but would also like to put k&n on too. I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on what exhaust to get and maybe a intake also? Also i have been told that with the EFI you dont have to rejet the 700's is that true?

Old 02-17-2009, 02:10 AM
Pro Rider

you dont have to rejet but you should remap the efi controller to compensate for the intake and pipe, i dont know a whole lot about the fuel injected bikes but i think trinity and alba make good good efi controllers, i think you can get away with running a pipe without one but to get the most out of it and not cause it to run akward or lean would be to use an efi controller also. yoshimura, gytr, big gun, hmf, dr.d are all good pipes

Old 02-17-2009, 07:02 AM
Pro Rider

ok here we go. as far as exhaust dont get alba or trinity ANYTHING and you will be good. the best choices for raptor 700 exhaust are monters duals, barker duals and dmc duals. all have great sound, make great power but are not str8 crazy loud. if u want a crazy loud system get a sparks xx6 single.as far as intake get the fci. it is by far the best intake out there! and yes u will need a fuel controller, the one to get is the power commander 3 or pc5. the pc5 just came out and has a couple new features.

pm me and ill tell u where to get crazy good on the pipes and good deal on everything else

Old 02-17-2009, 03:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

On the PC3 and Pc5 how do you tune them to get the right mixture or do they do it automatically?

Old 02-17-2009, 06:24 PM
Trailblazer

Well i wouldnt recommend duals, since they are expensive.

i know my quad is a bit different than yours(05 660) but i just got a full Yoshimura system for 500 bucks on my sponsership website. although it was on sale its doing great. Loud and looks good. But if your just looking for the slip on i would go with HMF, loud and cheap. for a full set like 91warrior said. white bros is pretty much the loudest i know of but pretty sure they are loud. i love FMF but not sure if it would be good on these Yamahas since i had one on mine and it got a hole blew right through it.

any way i would say check out this site www.Rockymountainatv.com

not sure how to help about all the other stuff since i like messing with the carbs but i have a fuel injected sled, no jetting required i do know that the clip should be tinkered with though for your altitude level

Old 02-17-2009, 10:45 PM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, absolutely, the dream set-up is duals but lets face it, the reality is most people don't want to drop all the dough on a set. Unless you have the extra $$ lying around, just get yourself a good slip-on pipe. There have been some good pipe "shoot-outs" through various offroad media outlets you can try and google. That should help narrow it down.

To back up the other guys, you will absolutely need to invest in a EFI controller. There are 3 general concepts: plug and play, minor tuning (four pots), and full tuning capabilities (dyno set up and pc fuel map programming). The last one can be quite complicated, unless you know someone or spend the money on set-up.

With exhausts, silencers are usually a must for compliance with law enforcement, but they really suck! They bog down performance. If you get one, try a removable.

You will also need to repack the exhaust every so many hours. Cheap, and easy to do yourself.

Old 02-18-2009, 02:37 AM
Pro Rider

Dont really know much about the new 700's but from my experiance on all the older models besides the efi controllers and what not go with white bros, yoshi, or pro circuit. Cant speak for the dual pipes but it wouldnt make a noticble difference anyhow.

Old 02-18-2009, 12:42 PM
Pro Rider

i can get a set of the new dmc force 4 duals for 600 shipped. anyone want that deal hit me up and ill tell you where u can get it for this price. the way the pc3 and pc5 work is you download maps from your comp onto them. for basic mods there are fuel maps on the net that u can get. but once u go heavy into your engine you will need a dyno tune.and dont waste your $ on a slip on. you can get 90% out of your stock muffler at zero cost if a spark arrestor is not need where u ride. and if it is it will cost less than 20 bucks.

Old 02-19-2009, 01:32 AM
Pro Rider

dual pipes look cool...sound cool, but if your serious about performance i doubt its anything better then a good ole single full system, an atv does not need all that pipe, a good single is plenty, if duals worked so good you would definately see pros racing with them,there also adding more weight and costing more, im not knocking them at all but,if i were to choose one it wouldnt be duals, the pipes ive seen raptors perform well with are sparks,yoshi and gytr from the ones ive came across.

Old 02-19-2009, 12:33 PM
Pro Rider

sorry to be a *** but u dont know shiat about raptor 700s. dual exhaust on the raptor preforms much better than the singles. (with the excpetion of the sparks xx6). and witht the little pro commet. pros run what they get paid to run not always because its the best!.i get paid by NO ONE so i buy what will make my quad go the fastest. i gained 4 peakhp and 10+hp on the overev from going from a white brothers single to monster quad duals. yes this was on a built engine but none the less i saw these gains.

Quick Reply: Raptor 700 exhaust help