Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

A little off subject... Yamaha's R-1 powered sled...

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2002, 04:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Regardless of what anyone else says, everyone is entitled to their opinion. If you don't like it, tough shiznit. To try to get someone booted off the forum because you do not like how they post is PATHETIC.

Old 01-23-2002, 04:45 PM
Trailblazer

[typer-bro]
ACTUALLY, IT'S JUST THAT NO ONE HAS SEEN THESE TOPICS YET. I AM POSITIVE THAT SOMEONE WILL AGREE WITH ME IN THE DECISION TO GIVE THEM A BOOTING. YOU WILL SEE JUST HOW "PATHETIC" EVERYONE IS. WHY DO YOU SAY THAT? I HAVE HAD MY BAD DAYS, BUT THIS HAS GOTTEN OUT OF HAND.

Old 01-23-2002, 05:07 PM
Trailblazer

To Whom It May Concern:

A little more brain work and a little less testosterone will go a long way to making a productive forum. Kind of like being a successfull racer. There's a time for each, but one without the other spells disaster.

Old 01-23-2002, 05:27 PM
Weekend Warrior

I disagree with KNOWSALOT and will probably continue to do so (at least on this issue)... BUT ... if he has to go then I guess I do, too. I was just stating my opinion as was he - he thinks his is right - I think mine is right - hence the term OPINION. We might bash on each other some but hey, if you can't take that you have other issues. I haven't been here long but trying to get him booted for that just seems wrong. If we can't state our opinions on this forum then what good is it?

Hckycoach: You are right about comparing bikes at races being a worthless endeavor - but let me reiterate my point. I know that it is the RIDER that puts a bike on a podium. A great bike with a half-*** rider will lose, and Ricky Carmicheal on a 1973 Honda XL350 will make me look like my chain came off - this I know. All I was saying is that when one bike always gets the holeshot even though the riders skill level is not that great then that bike must have superior acceleration. I also know his bike is stock other than a PC T-4 exhaust because I know the guy personally - the bottom line is that the darn thing is just plain FAASSTT!!!

It is 55 degrees here in Illinois today - I am going home and going riding right now. I suggest you guys all do the same - maybe then people will lighten up some.

Old 01-23-2002, 06:34 PM
Trailblazer

To two fifty
Now your talking. But what if that bike is so fast off the line because his gearing , cam and jetting are set up to win holeshots, but he has so steep a power gain that he cant control it for jumping or turning without self destructing. Is that bike faster? Or just set up differently for a limited advantage. As you well know on some tracks the holeshot can be 80% of the race, because passing is so restricted at some tracks. But if that's not true, then winning the holeshot at the expense of handling over the rest of the track is a little misguided.

Or it could be that the rider simply can't handle the horsepower except in a straight line. No rider wants to believe that but it happens all the time. So like any other form of racing it gets down to how well tuned both the bike and the rider are for that track and to each other.

Old 01-23-2002, 10:20 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yall are trying to boot the only guy who knows what
he is talking about in this argument. the ktm is a beast
but the Yzs are the heat on this .