Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Modded Raptor Dyno Results!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2002, 12:50 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just picked up my Raptor yesterday from the shop. Got a JE standard Bore 13.1 piston a WebCam all around cam, Ported and Polished, And clutch springs and plates. I got a before dyno with just My pipe and filter jet and all that and only turned out at 39.5 HP. Very dissapointed. After all the other mods were finished and Jetted, through on dyno again and did three runs. 54.6, 54.9, then a 55.7. I am running a dynojet 48/50 and it is still running lean. They say to go two sizes up. I am oredering my CT exhaust tomorow and gonna ask Alan what jets he says. They say that with the CT I will more than likely be in the 58-61 HP range.

All the motor work and labor cost me $905, not to bad and only took 2 1/2 weeks. All I had to do was drop quad off at shop

Old 03-17-2002, 01:54 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thats a good improvment. It doesn't say much for the hmf pipes. Who did the work for you?

Old 03-17-2002, 03:29 PM
Pro Rider

Mags Racing. Mexico Mo great job. Justr put Handlesbars oni it and took for a spin and this thing is flat out powerfull!!

Old 03-17-2002, 04:54 PM
Pro Rider

Looks like you've done almost exactly the same mods I've done to mine. The dyno sounds right on. The CT will make a big difference! My machine dynoed at 62.4hp. If you bail that fmf and go with the CT your hps should be around that same #, as long as the jettings correct. Have fun wuth your new stomppin machine!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]My labor cost was roughly the same, but they had my machine for four weeks.

Old 03-17-2002, 05:22 PM
Pro Rider

What Main Jets you using with the CT. I have 148/150 biggest in my Dynojet kit and they are saying running to lean. too go up two sizes.

Old 03-17-2002, 05:37 PM
Pro Rider

<< What Main Jets you using with the CT. I have 148/150 biggest in my Dynojet kit and they are saying running to lean. too go up two sizes. >>

I dont remember off hand the exact sizes of the jets they used on my machine, but I'll find out sometime this week and email them to you! They seemed to be a couple sizes bigger than the ones you posted. I'll let you know for sure.

Old 03-17-2002, 06:08 PM
Pro Rider

Thanx ON my bike I only rode in alley so far 1-3 and I notice tons of power. What should I expect on top end. How do you do against other modded bikes Piped Raptorss, Ds, banshee cannon etc. Stock or modded

Old 03-17-2002, 08:24 PM
Pro Rider

<< Thanx ON my bike I only rode in alley so far 1-3 and I notice tons of power. What should I expect on top end. How do you do against other modded bikes Piped Raptorss, Ds, banshee cannon etc. Stock or modded >>

I promise you will put to sleep any ds, cannon, ex, piped raptor, and piped banshee. The only machines that will give you competion are trinity and sparks raptors, Highly moded Banshees, (which is the fastest buildable machine you can buy), and built lt500s ( which arent even made anymore).[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] Give me your email so I can send you those jetting #s this week.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-18-2002, 02:46 PM
Trailblazer

Interested in either a Raptor or a Quadsport 400. I noticed the Raptor has much lower compression than the z400. This obviously should give more potential in adding engine mods, BUT does the Raptor hold together once you start modifying it? I have heard about quite a few Raptors grenading, is this due to poor mods or abuse? My local dealer which sells both Yamaha and Suzuki says buy the z400, since the engine is used in more vehicles whereas the Raptor engine is only in the Raptor. Any conmments?

Old 03-18-2002, 03:36 PM
Pro Rider

[q I have heard about quite a few Raptors grenading, is this due to poor mods or abuse? [/i] >>

the only modified raptor I have heard grenading were some of the early 720's, lots of 686's and bigger and everyone seems to be holding up well, had to replace clutch but that was part of the plan anyway

Quick Reply: Modded Raptor Dyno Results!!!