Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Picking up the Grizzly tomarrow!! (tire question/deal)

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2002, 05:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The dealer is offering ITP 589 with chrome rims for 369.00. That's with the trade in of the stockers that are on it.

IS THIS A GOOD DEAL?

The original price that he is asking is 649.00 and giving me 70$ per assembly of the stockers.....

PLEASE RESPOND SOON!!! I am picking it up tomarrow and the deal stands for tomarrow only (before i ride on the stockers that are on it).

Thanks
Jonathan

Old 03-28-2002, 07:28 PM
Pro Rider

Frogman~

Congrats on the new bear. I'm sure you're going to love it. That price depends on what size of tire you are getting. If they're 28", that's not too bad, if it's anything smaller, I'd say buy them elsewhere. The ITP Big Wheel kits with chrome rims & 589's run like this from East kentucky

ITP Chrome 26 Kit $545.00
ITP Chrome 27 Kit $565.00
ITP Chrome 28 Kit $625.00

I sold my 660's OEM rims & tires for $370.00. People are always looking for those...so you could get more from someone other then your dealer.

SilverBear

Old 03-28-2002, 07:32 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks siverbear,

I think that i am going to pass on the deal... not really sure what the size is...and to late to call now...

Think that i will just run the stocks till i get her broke in...

did you get my private message? just curious...

Old 03-28-2002, 07:42 PM
Trailblazer

Frogman take him up on that. You will love those tires. I put a set on the stock rims, and they work great. I paid that much for the tires alone. He's giving you a pretty good price for those stock tires and rims. You wont be dissapointed, and you will be kicking yourself later.

Old 03-28-2002, 07:49 PM
Pro Rider

Do any of you know the ply on these? That's the other thing that has been bothering me... cant find it anywhere!

Jonathan

Old 03-28-2002, 08:49 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

If you have no intentions of ever using the stock tires, then it would be a decent way to save a little cash (not a fortune though). I keep two sets. One set of aggressive tires for when I want them, and then the stock tires for just easy trail rides and pavement. Having both gives me that option, plus it also saves tire wear by not running the same set all the time.

You can find that information on www.itptires.com (I think). Its only going to save you maybe $170 in the long run. If you don't want the stockers at all, it would be worth it, but if you plan to use them even in the slightest, the cash difference isn't enough to make the trade. On top of that, by waiting and buying tires later, you leave your options open in case you ever decided on a different tire or wheel.

Old 03-28-2002, 09:25 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks andy for the info....

Will still be "thinking" about it for now...lol

I will be picking up the bike tomarrow at 3pm, so wont be able to tell ya all anything till maybe monday? ehehehe

Plan to spend the night in the garage prep/polish my baby....and RIDE all day long!

thanks again
Jonathan

Old 03-28-2002, 09:48 PM
Pro Rider

Hey good luck with your grizz... its a dream 4X4 quad.Well have fun and i'm glad to see people that excited bout atv's.

Old 03-29-2002, 12:33 AM
Weekend Warrior

Congrats. on your new Griz !!! I am going to buy one as soon as I get my income tax refund. I would be curious as to what you ended up paying for it ?
Thanks....Mike, Daytona Beach, Fl.

Old 03-29-2002, 01:48 AM
Pro Rider

Well to let you know....

I paid 6700.00 out the door. There is better deals out there, but you have to decide if you would rather pay an extra 100-200 at your local dealer, which will service you, take care of you, and make sure that those lil things that are BORDERLINE Warranty are actually covered!

I thought about this for a REALLY long time. The choices you make are yours, but i feel that we really need to support our local community services (more so in a small town) than just finding the absolute BEST deal. In the long run, the best deal for me, was to choose my local dealer, support my community, and establish a friendship that i think i will have for years to come.

I dont know about the rest of you, but my town, as many others that i have lived in, are hurting. Our economy strives on the market, and in a smaller town like Ishpeming, the market can break the whole town. We have been fighting the iron imports, which is still an on-going battle and for every ONE person laid-off, THREE are affected.

So i choose to do my part, still within reason, and buy from my dealer.

Jonathan Moore

Quick Reply: Picking up the Grizzly tomarrow!! (tire question/deal)