Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor clutch cover removal and installation, what a joy! Any suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2002, 09:55 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor clutch cover removal and installation, what a joy! Any suggestions?

I installed the Sparks clutch kit and did away with the cushion spring and lightly sanded the stock burnt steel plates(roughed them up) as told to do by Sparks. Does this sound routine to everyone? Installing the plates and disks is childs play but nstalling the cover and clutch rod! Wow what a pain to get back on! Is there a trick to this or do you just have to hold your mouth just right! lol. One time I thought it was on and there was no resistance when applying the lever. The marks were lined up but somehow it wasnt engaging. I just kept trying and finally it went in right and had resistance. Any tricks or help would be appreciated because I have another Raptor to do tonight!
Thanks people!

Old 10-17-2002, 09:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor clutch cover removal and installation, what a joy! Any suggestions?

I take the clutch shaft right out when I start, ( the small 10 mm headed bolt on
the shaft case, then just pull out the shaft ) and then put the cover on with out the
shaft in place and its much easier to get on!! Then you can just slide the shaft in and
out easily to get the right position. Hope this helps.