Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Full Yoshi guys, what is your jetting?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2003, 11:24 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Full Yoshi guys, what is your jetting?

Snorkle flaps were cut out, but it was still on the lid, I was trying to keep it instead of having the seperate breather filter.
Also, In the GYTR instructions..... left carb gets 160 main and 3 turns out, Right carb gets 165 and only 2 turns out...... Is this a typo??? shoudn't that be left 160, 2 turns and right 165 3 turns??? After that I should be good to go I hope.
Oh, One more thing, I changed so many needle positions before that I just want to make sure I have all the spacers in the right spots, I have the clip in the 3rd from the top, on top of the clip I have the thicker gold washer, on bottom I have the plastic spacer and the silver smaller washer, is that the right order???? I am worried that maybe I have the thick and thin metal washer in the wrong spots. Thanks again...

Old 04-03-2003, 12:39 AM
Pro Rider

I got rid of my low end hesitation putting back in the stock pilots,it might be alittle lean on the lowerer RPM's now but it runs like night and day between the 22.5's and the 25's, just thought I'd share that bit of info, to make my point Im running a 14t on the front and was having issues climbing hills, put the stock pilots back in one day just to test and it turned back into the beast it was when it had a 13t front sproket, the frontend points skyward with ease.

Question has anyone tried to run two different pilots at the same time one 22.5 and one 25 pilot. Im I might try that setup next and give you a report.

Old 04-03-2003, 01:20 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

RapRidr the instr. are lame as far as the mix. screws go.That is the starting point and they say to make final tuning adjustments with just the one screw that is not turned out as far. That's kinda bogus.
I think the silver washer goes on the bottom but I'm not positive.

Old 04-03-2003, 02:43 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: RaptorRidr660R
Snorkle flaps were cut out, but it was still on the lid, I was trying to keep it instead of having the seperate breather filter.
Also, In the GYTR instructions..... left carb gets 160 main and 3 turns out, Right carb gets 165 and only 2 turns out...... Is this a typo??? shoudn't that be left 160, 2 turns and right 165 3 turns??? After that I should be good to go I hope......I have the clip in the 3rd from the top, on top of the clip I have the thicker gold washer, on bottom I have the plastic spacer and the silver smaller washer, is that the right order???? ...
165/160 the bigger jet on the rear brake side. More turns out on the same side. From the bottom: little washer, plastic washer, clip, top of needle. Thanks sixsixt for all your help - mine is awesome with all your help.

"160/165 GYT-R jets, 25 pilots, 3rd clip on needle, 2-3/4 turns and 2-1/2 turns on mixture screws on Full Yoshi Comp, Proflow foam filter with no lid. At 500 ft, runs perfect."

Old 04-03-2003, 12:13 PM
Pro Rider

Well, when I am done at work today I am gonna get it tuned to those specs, from how good it runs right now I am sure that should be the last time I will have to mess with it. I will do the 160/165 mains, stay 3rd clip, 2 1/2 and 2 3/4 turns out, and 25 pilot and keep no lid. I am just gonna keep the EHS lid around incase or maybe sell it on ebay. I am so glad to not have the dynojets anymore, It runs much better this way! Thanks so much for all the help everyone. I think my needle spacers are all right to, the gold washer is the one on top of the clip then?? thats how I have it.

Old 04-13-2003, 12:18 PM
Pro Rider

I had my gytr jets installed yesterday with the same jetting as RaptoRidr660r and it runs great no hesitation anywhere. I will try running it with the ehs lid on today to see how it runs. I will let you guys know. Thanks for all your help everyone

Old 04-13-2003, 12:26 PM
Pro Rider

Glad to hear that it worked out for you too! I think I have a float issue right now, so now I have to try and adjust them [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Let us know how your EHS cover works on yours..

Old 04-14-2003, 01:14 AM
Pro Rider

I put the ehs lid on and it ran good till very top end and the it would hesitate. I think i will leave it off cause i went riding saturday in some mud/water and there wasnt even a drop in the air box so i think i will be alright with out it on. Does anyone have the quiet kit for the yoshi? I put the low noise on and it sounded like crap and the medium doesnt sound much better but i guess i will have to live with it if i want to go to any national forests or anything that requires a db limit.

Old 04-20-2003, 02:11 AM
Range Rover

Where is Magictouch racing? Do they do the jetting if you want them to? I live in Rancho Cucamonga