1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Purchased Manco 90cc quad, needs WORK. Just a few Qs

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2014, 11:26 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Purchased Manco 90cc quad, needs WORK. Just a few Qs

So I just bought a Manco 90 yesterday for a song (or so it seemed), and it is a MESS.

The carb is new, but is missing the nipple on its side (that opens into the slider chamber). the hose that attaches to it, that leads down into the motor, is just sitting there. Is this a major problem?

Also, I would KILL to get my hands on a wiring schem. for this thing. The bundles are all still there, but most of the wires have been cut. The wire I'm most interested in is the lead to the ign coil. They had a grey wire attached, which lead to nowhere. There's nothing intuitive about this thing anymore, it's a huge puzzle.

Do these quads need a battery for spark or can they go without, like a scooter? I'm not looking for bells and whistles with this thing, just a quad that runs.

Suggestions?
Thank you

Old 11-05-2014, 06:35 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 49 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by kippstakes
So I just bought a Manco 90 yesterday for a song (or so it seemed), and it is a MESS.

The carb is new, but is missing the nipple on its side (that opens into the slider chamber). the hose that attaches to it, that leads down into the motor, is just sitting there. Is this a major problem?

Also, I would KILL to get my hands on a wiring schem. for this thing. The bundles are all still there, but most of the wires have been cut. The wire I'm most interested in is the lead to the ign coil. They had a grey wire attached, which lead to nowhere. There's nothing intuitive about this thing anymore, it's a huge puzzle.

Do these quads need a battery for spark or can they go without, like a scooter? I'm not looking for bells and whistles with this thing, just a quad that runs.

Suggestions?
Thank you
What does the hose connect to on the engine?

Battery is not necessary on the ones Ive seen..

Old 11-05-2014, 08:41 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got er figured out.
The hose is for oil delivery to the carb, I'm pretty sure. Got a solid spark out of it yesterday, now just needs a plug and we're in business.
Thanks

Old 11-06-2014, 03:40 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 344 Likes on 335 Posts

If it has an oil delivery to the carb it's a two stroke, right? I would guess that it has the standard 90cc horizontal Chinese scooter engine used in Polaris 90s , Apaches etc. You should find a wiring diagram for them on line, they use different colours but have almost identical wiring systems to one another, I bet the Manco has too.

Stating the obvious, but if it isn't getting oil pumped through the carb it will need oil mixed in the fuel.