Idle problem - ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Old 01-15-2018, 04:03 PM
Weekend Warrior

Default Idle problem

So my quad runs but the code is for adjust idle speed value. Because it grinds while trying to go into gear. How do you adjust idle speed value on a 07 Suzuki king quad 700cc? I'm at a loss. Tried Googling it but nothing.
Old 01-16-2018, 08:10 AM
Pro Rider

Well...you didn't look to hard because when I googled it I got all kinds of info...even a youtube video...it's fuel injected...meaning it's all computer controlled...most common fix from what I saw was to reset the TPS monitor...hope this helps...
Old 01-16-2018, 11:34 AM
Weekend Warrior

Default C40 code T P S

Thanks I'll try it. I was looking strictly for idle speed value. Not tsp. I figured it was related but didn't want to open a new can of worms.
Old 01-16-2018, 11:48 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

If you have a throttle cable adjuster check it to make sure it's not too tight on the throttle body that would cause idle increase. Had that happen on plenty of Polaris efi machines.Throttle slack had to be adjusted at the housing. Plus not familiar with the King Quad but most tps sensors aren't owner friendly as far as tampering with them. May be a different scenario on yours though. Just a thought.
Old 01-16-2018, 03:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

Default Tps

Well , triedto adjust the tps. No luck. Still getting -C40 . I did get the - in the middle. When i was adjusting it 2 more codes came up. C14 and C20. Got them cleared but it still idling high n don't want to shift. My battery is dead so i have to jump it. Could that be it?
Old 01-16-2018, 03:54 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Battery could be the problem. Plus you need to load test the battery for a dead cell,replace if needed. You also need to check that you're charging around 14 volts back to the battery at an idle. If it's not,then could be a regulator problem that could have sucked the battery down.Electrical parts have to work together.
Old 01-17-2018, 03:22 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Unless modified you never get 14v charge from a 700KQ. That (and a high current drain ECU) is why the batteries are always flat. C40 is the code for faulty idle control unit on the throttle body, as it says it is faulty, and won't idle properly, it probably is faulty. Once you get a working battery, it may be worth getting the dealer to look at it, they can plug it into a computer and diagnose properly.