Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Arctic Cat Problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2000, 09:20 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TF,your post to Boner regarding Joe blows ATV repair shop did not appear on my screen until now.I had no way of responding to something I did'nt see.But here it goes.I never told Boner to ''compare'' labor rates with ANY other repair facility.I asked him to question the dealership where the 3.2 hrs of labor come from?Is that how long it took the dealership to perform those repairs and so they just charge him accordingly the 3.2 hrs?If thats the case,what if it took the dealership 6.6 hrs to do the same job?Is he still suppose to pay 55$ an hr for labor at 6.6 hrs?I only asked him to see if the dealership did in fact use the flat rate book for his repairs.So your conjuring up a frivious story of ''compare'' shopping serves no vindication to trying to find out the dealerships method of labor charge.I disagree,we are indeed not at the mercy of our repair facility's charges.You have every right to see the labor guide that the dealers use.If I beleive im being ripped off,you best bet im certainly going to see the labor guide.After all,it's my hard earned $$ that they are taking.====BILL

Old 02-06-2000, 10:29 AM
Pro Rider

O.K., Bill; although I was addressing Boner, whatever! BTW, Boner himself said he intended obtaining an after-the-fact estimate from another shop (please read his post), I never implied you suggested such action.

First, I ain't sure Boner was ripped off. Further, I ain't sure viewing the flat-rate manual (if any, they might not be fashionable down on Bayou Teche, not the English version, anyway) provides any immunity from being ripped off, if indeed he was. I mean, labor costs can be kited from either a flat-rate or a time-clock method, if ripping off a customer is the objective.

What's the purpose of challenging a labor charge unless a refund is desired? Besides, how are we going to pay for our meal at Landry's unless he gets a refund? (I don't know if Boner obtained an estimate before repairs were begun or not; might be a good practice to ask for one before serious wrench-slinging begins.)

Instead of discussing hypothetical countermeasures on Boner's behalf, let's discuss actual real-world experience. You're quite correct; my fictional dialog IS frivolous!

From your recent, er, unpleasantness with Polaris dealerships, did you feel you had been ripped off? What strategies did you use; how would you rate their effectiveness? What lessons have you learned from your experience; what would you do differently now?

You received sympathy and support from lots of readers on the Forum, including me, during the time of your unpleasantness. I'm glad Polaris' virginity has been restored, and I accept you as a born-again Polaris partisan. Please share your own actual experiences from this 180-degree, no, 360-degree journey so we might survive a similar nightmare (I believe everyone vulnerable to the nightmare you experienced).

Tree Farmer

Old 02-06-2000, 11:00 AM
Pro Rider

TF,I see no purpose in telling my Polaris story again.Most everyone knows it anyways.But to anwser your questions.?Yes, I felt the dealership/Polaris had ripped me off,they sold me a lemon for a quad and did'nt repair many things correctly.I called/wrote Polaris Ind. many times.Usually, they refered me back to the dealer.After many attempts to repair my quad from the purchasing dealership with no luck,I finally went to a Lawyer.I talked to Polaris,changed repair facilities,shared half the bill with Polaris for rebuild repairs,now so far im happy.I learned that my dealership is very poorly trained in the Polaris repair department.I would never buy again from the same dealership.I also think that Polaris Ind. is not real fond of making sure their customers are satisfied with their purchases,that is, until Lawyers are notified.I handled my situation the only way I knew how.Im not sure there is anything I could of done differently.In the future,I will be more careful in my choice of dealership selections.====BILL

Old 02-06-2000, 11:36 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks, Bill!

All's well that ends, they say. You handled your situation responsibly and effectively, in my judgment.

The important thing: you've got your machine back and you're riding, having fun with your ATV--something we all should do!

It's kinda cold, but hey! Might get out there myself today!

Best wishes,

Tree Farmer

Old 02-06-2000, 12:38 PM
Pro Rider

Well TF,its cold here in Michigan too,but im picking up my nephew at 12 oclock noon,and a riding we shall go.Just really have to dress for it.Have fun,=====BILL

Old 02-06-2000, 04:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HEY; if you guys need to boneup(excuse the pun)on your humor just gander back over to the 6x6 site,there is plenty of material there. CM

Old 11-18-2009, 03:43 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an 09 Arctic cat 400 H1 TRV. Ever since i got the atv (brand new) I've notices a clicking sound, but only at low speeds (seemed to dissapear after i got a little speed up). When the atv had about 500 km's on it i finally decided to bring it back to the dealer to see if this was normal. I may have waited too long but i wasn't sure if it was normal or not being a first time atv owner. I suggested to the dealer it might be a CV joint that i thought might cause the sound. The dealer gave it a good going over in the shop and said there was an array of problems with the atv and said he have to replace a shaft, belt, various clips. etc. When i got it back it was fine for a while but while riding one day the atv started to die out, the rear wheeles locked up and i skidded to a stop. i restarted the atv and tried her again to see if there was any major damage. it happened again while i was going about 15 km/h. I tried it once more and it happened again while i was just crawling along. i finally had to phone my father to pick it up in his truck. When i brought it back this time they said this had happened because of the new belt, something about it sticking or something. i have my atv back now and the clicking noise still persists. Is this dangerous. What should i do? Wearable parts warranty just ran out. Motor/Powertrain Warranty is good for 2 years. Cannot get any trade in value or money back for the atv.