ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Honda 250r--- HELP ME PLEASE, with engine mods

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2003, 07:41 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Honda 250r--- HELP ME PLEASE, with engine mods

First: take the head gasket off, It should separate into 3 pieces, use 1 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] This will bump the compression and still run pump gas.

Old 11-26-2003, 02:41 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would go with DaBeechMan, simply because its a lot cheaper than suspension. Look at it this way if you can handle the quad with the little engine mods and stock suspension, then imagine what you could do with aftermarket suspension parts on your quad.

Just my .02 worth!

Old 11-26-2003, 07:29 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Ernie da man. I like the way that cat thinks. lol

Old 11-26-2003, 09:43 AM
Weekend Warrior

Yeah, you do have a point there. But its not really being able to handle the quad with the upgrades to the motor. Its keeping the tires in contact with the ground so you can go in faster. I guess this is all relative to what type of riding you are doing though. If it is motocross, a quad with suspension and stock motor vs stock suspension and upgraded motor, the one with suspension will win with both having equally skilled riders. Drag racing, yeah, the motors gonna win. I guess my mind is geared more towards the motocross aspect of it. I fail to remember sometimes that there are other things to do with a quad. lol Basically, its all up to you and what you want to do with your money, we are all just trying to make suggestions and help is all. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-26-2003, 10:57 AM
Weekend Warrior

Come on guys i dont want all you guy sayin, yea what he said you need shocks. I want to know the best and cheapest engine mods.

Please help me

Old 11-26-2003, 12:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

Ok, we are just trying to help. But, if you want cheap mods, go for what LT80 said, take 2 layers off the gasket. Also, look into new aftermarket reeds and cage. If you dont ride in water, go for a bolt on flange and eliminate the airbox totally. If you do that, you want to get a prefilter for your filter. If you dont feel comfortable having the filter out there like that, just eliminate the airbox lid or drill holes in it, about 1" to 1 1/2". Also look into a new pipe and silencer combo, depending on how old the fmf is.

Old 11-26-2003, 12:56 PM
Range Rover

Untamed racer,

I tried to PM you, but received error message.

I am from Marysville, MI.

Where do you ride in the area? I ride at my bro's place and surrounding area (St.Clair County Airport). Sometimes we can make it out to the strip mall off Range Rd, by I-94 and ride around there. I've even seen some people trailer into there. Some new riding area would be cool though. Can't stay in any one area for too long (especially the airport), unless you want to have a good cat and mouse exercise (haven't been caught yet and want to keep it that way).

PS. The gasket kit I bought for my piston rebuild had a head gasket that seemed like it was already one piece with a metal ring. Did I get a different gasket type, am I running higher comp already because of it, or do you need to try and peel apart the gasket?

Old 11-26-2003, 01:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

In this area, I dont really ride anywhere. Especially now since I am in between quads. lol But my older bro takes his out by that strip mall sometimes. He takes his truck out there too to play. He said its a good time. When I do get to ride, its usually on tracks. I have a friend in Emmett with a track and one of my teammates has a track out in Lapeer. Other than that, just playin around on trails up north when I go and cruisin around the subdivision I live in on the south side of town. lol You are right, its hard to find a good riding area around here.

As far as the gasket goes, if it is a one piece gasket, it depends on if it is a thick one or thinner. I wouldnt try peeling it apart. Most of the regular 250r gaskets are a metal type gasket with three separate layers. You may have a cr250 gasket, which is perfect, and will have you running slightly higher compression. Or just one thick gasket. If it is a thick one, get a cr250 gasket and you will be running higher compression.

Old 12-01-2003, 10:04 AM
Pro Rider

Id say go with CT's 410 stroker kit..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]