Old 04-14-2002, 11:45 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Moore won the womens class

Old 04-15-2002, 10:14 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW what a messy weekend! It rained way too much down there!
The pro main was just about to start and the rain came from nowhere. The wind picked up and it was pouring out!

Creech had his first podium finish with a 2nd in the main(after some contending)and 3rd overall.
Farr won with 2 flawless firsts. Jones and Gust got tangled up then Gust went out with a frozen throttle or something. Jones ended up with 3rd in the main after passing Creech in the Supercross 6 on the last lap under caution.

ERIC

Old 04-15-2002, 10:39 AM
Weekend Warrior

It was a usual London ATV National with all of the freakish weather. The storm came on Sunday and poured about an inch of rain within 10 minutes. The rain came as the pro's left the gate for the second moto.

Farr was flawless although Gust was on his rear wheels during the first moto which made Farr take a defensive run for the last 3 laps of the first moto. Jones was going to protest the moto after Gust passed him during the 5th lap under the yellow, but the yellow was being held and not waived so the pass was legal. Jones was a little fumed after the first moto. Keith Little had one of his best Motocross runs and was very happy taking the 3rd spot from Jones.

First Moto results:
1) Farr
2) Gust
3) Little

The 2nd moto was ran with some ski's under the atv's. The rains made deep puddles and no traction within seconds of the gate drop. Farr pulled the holeshot and had clear track to open it up. Jones was in second and Gust had to move up from a bad holeshot. Gust passed Jones by the fourth lap but crashed just after the Supercross six. His throttle held open from the mud and rain and he bailed off. Jones tried to stop and try not to hit Gust but it was a close call. Creech tried a pass at the same time. but Jones held him back. Farr Pulled way ahead and was having fun slopping in the mud while Jones and Creech battled for second. Creech passed jones on the slick uphill and held Jones at Bay for a few laps. On the last lap, Jones finally passed Creech in the supercross six and creech was protesting the pass under a yellow flag. I guess Jones was just returning the disappointment from the first moto pass against him.

Jones's yellow flag pass would not have made a difference with the overall positions. He still would have held 2nd and Creech would still have 3rd, without the pass taking place. Creech calmed down a little after hearing this.

Moto 2 Results:
1) Farr
2) Jones
3) Creech

The weekend saw another ATV entry record broken. There were nearly 650 entries or just over 650. That number even beat the 2001 Loretta Lynn's entry record. Things are looking up for the Grand National Championship Series.

Email me for more!

Rick Frisco

rfrisco@remnsproductions.com

Old 04-15-2002, 12:32 PM
Pro Rider

Was Farr riding the new CRF? or was he on the YZ-F??

Also wondering how the Cannondale riders did?

Old 04-15-2002, 12:53 PM
Pro Rider

He practiced with both bikes, but ended up riding the CRF. The weekend was pretty nasty, Every moto I ran it was muddy. There is nothing worse than reaching for a tear off and finding out youu have no more left.

Old 04-15-2002, 06:19 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the excellent race reports guys. I had heard that the flagging absolutely sucked. I have been to Red Bud 5 years straight and they seem to do a very good job there. I will see you you all there.

Old 04-16-2002, 12:02 AM
Pro Rider

Brad,
DJ did pretty good. I know he got the holeshot the 2nd race. I'm guesing 2nd or 3rd overall?
ERIC

Old 04-16-2002, 12:22 AM
Pro Rider

Eric, yeah he did excellent. Made a shifting mistake and had to pass most of the pack again the 2nd moto. Got 2nd in Sundays moto for a 2nd place finish overall for the weekend. He's stoked and looking forward to Red Bud. How'd you do?

Old 04-16-2002, 09:57 AM
Pro Rider

Lets just say I had fun.
ERIC