CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

4 wheel Atv Action disses BajaX

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2004, 11:20 AM
sam
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4 wheel Atv Action disses BajaX

quote"The Baja X had used to have some of the best suspension in ATVing, but the shortend swingarm seems to have put everything out of balance. The suspension isn't bad, but it just doesn't have the hugely reassuring feel that it used to have. Things are choppier due to the shorter wheelbase and there's no upside for the suspension." APRIL 2004

they wined 6 times about the shorter swingarm. what a joke!! and of course the rapterd got high marks in all. it was a factory custom shootout. so all quads had pipes, the X didnt because bombardier doesnt offer a pipe. I do have to give Yamaha credit though at least they offer alot of performance upgrades for there quads. you know who makes these editers mortgage payments!!

"just wanted to vent a little"
Sam

Old 03-12-2004, 11:28 AM
Elite Pro Rider

they always do, but the look on the believers faces when they find the mags were wrong.

Old 03-12-2004, 11:42 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thats ok, For years it was " the DS is to nose heavy,and the DS is to heavy, it could use some UPdated shocks" Well Bombardier changed the weight,and weight bias,and upgraded the shocks, and STILL they find something wrong with the DS. LMAO.

Are these guys supposed to be such GREAT riders that they can actually tell a huge difference in 1 inch of the rear swing-arm??? Like they all have DS's in their garages at home and ride them every day....ya right.

bigger.

Old 03-12-2004, 12:02 PM
amd
Pro Rider

Yea, I read that too, all of the sudden the raptor is the best quad ever built, but then you look back a few issues and they say the raptor is tipsy the suspension could be better, bla bla bla. Then you look back a few issues and they say the ds's new swingarm is so much better. I never beleive anything the mags say, the only way to get a good review is real world riders on real world conditions, and companies not paying mags to talk things up.

Old 03-12-2004, 12:39 PM
Pro Rider

Hi-Torque Publications, do i need to say more? in the year 2000 hailed the honda 400ex the "QUAD OF THE DECADE" and the 250R the "QUAD OR THE CENTURY" now the bash them both. they forget people over fifteen years old also read the mag. (sometimes)

Old 03-12-2004, 03:35 PM
Elite Pro Rider

actually most people over 15 won't waste much time read them, they do change there minds a lot

Old 03-12-2004, 04:09 PM
Elite Pro Rider

If you read through the article, they contradict themselves multiple times. What a piece of work.

Old 03-12-2004, 04:13 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Bartlett,

I HAVE CHANGED MY MIND, Now that I have read 4 wheel ATV action, I can no longer think that your BAJA X was SAWWEEEET!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

I cannot go against the "experts" and I now think that your BAJA-X is a peice of ****. Futhermore, I feel lucky to be alive, having been on that "non-handling" death trap of a machine. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Biggerisbetter, LMAO...

Old 03-12-2004, 04:19 PM
Trailblazer

Are there any handling differences between the Baja and the Baja X? They look identical (except for the shocks) on paper as far as handling goes.

Old 03-12-2004, 05:06 PM
Trailblazer

Bombardier doesn't make it very clear that things were changed. Thanks for the info.

Quick Reply: 4 wheel Atv Action disses BajaX