CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Coral pink

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 09:29 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coral pink

Hey guys has anyone been to Coral Pink lately? A friend told me that you can't camp in the meadows any more. He said they only allow you to camp in the camp grounds?

Old 02-23-2005, 12:14 PM
Trailblazer
Default Coral pink

i have the direct number to the ranger station at coral pink state park , 435 648 2800 , i dont know why they would stop camping at the meadow , but call and find out and please post , i tried to call this morning but got a answer machine , later rj anyone going to coral pink i wana go!!!!

Old 02-23-2005, 06:53 PM
Pro Rider
Default Coral pink

Too cold for me![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 02-24-2005, 12:07 AM
Range Rover
Default Coral pink

The meadows are on BLM land, the state park guys would probably know but it shouldn't be there turf to mess with. I know rumor control had it that they were thinking about a ban on big rails but hadn't heard anything about camping.

Old 02-24-2005, 09:15 AM
Pro Rider
Default Coral pink

I agree its too cold now. We were planning a trip there on memorial weekend.

Old 02-24-2005, 09:16 PM
Range Rover
Default Coral pink

I spoke to the BLM today. As of right now there are no changes from last season BUT they said they are most definetly looking into closing off the meadows because people are burying trash and dumping grey water.

Please spread the word to the folks you know to pack stuff out and for those with campers don't be dumping grey water. We (off-roaders) are walking a fine line at CP and I'd hate to lose access because of some folks that can't follow a couple of rules.

Rich

Old 02-25-2005, 12:48 AM
Pro Rider
Default Coral pink

Rich,
I have been to Coral Pink countless times, and the Park ****'s at Coral Pink are by far the worst group of Park Rangers I have ever encountered, anywhere. I never dump grey water there, and have never left once morsel of garbage there, and I never will, just as a matter of principle. However, I seriously doubt any of us will be able to do anything that will keep Coral Pink open for too much longer. That whole department over there is so anti-off-road vehicle that I really think they will use any excuse they can to keep people out, rather than have to do the very minimal amount of work needed to keep that part of our public land open.

Just my 2 cents worth, but I think the granola titer in that group of tree huggers is off the chart compared to ANY place else.

DesertViper

Old 02-25-2005, 08:05 AM
Range Rover
Default Coral pink

Agree with a lot of what you're saying and we've never dumped anything or left trash there either. We've had some real **** experiences over there as well but we (each family) immediately complained in writing to the State (parks & BLM) as well as local chambers of commerce. The last time we were there it was a much much better experience and never did get hassled (and this was on a holiday weekend), which is major progress. I think they had a feeding frenzy going with competing LE agencies trying to one-up each other in the same turf. Last time only the BLM rangers were in the meadows and they were very nice and helpful rather than browbeating folks that didn't do anything wrong to start with. The local business are fed up with the Enviro Wacko approach and are fighting back, some LE agencies in Utah have even been told to not enforce the registration thing because that was b.s. that came out of Salt Lake that costs them big bucks.

Where I disagree is that I think we can make a difference. Yes, it's an uphill battle but with good folks willing to engage and with organizations like the American Sand Association (ASA) and Blue Ribbon fighting for our rights with their own group of lawyers, scientists, and researchers I think we have a fighting chance.

For those of you who're not already members of the ASA please take a minute and become one, it doesn't cost a cent to be a general member but it gives more and more clout to them in the fight to keeping our dunes open. I believe they're up to 20k or so members now and if all the rest of us riders would put our names down it'd make a difference in the fight. http://www.americansandassociation.org/join/

C-ya,

Rich