CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

If hunters don't use 'em...I won't be buying one

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 08:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If hunters don't use 'em...I won't be buying one

Originally posted by: Pastor
Mudnuri...FINALLY.....a hunter shows up! Thanks...great post. I am getting shot at in here because I could hardly find any other hunters in here. Whew...
From the likes of some of your writings, I'm not surprised if you don't have more than a couple holes in you.
You might do some preaching based on facts.
Why do you feel comfortable with what all the hunters are doing?
Look for the hunter with the crapiest equipment, and he's the one bringing home the kill. Not some fancy shmansy 800 anything.
Out of all of my friends throughout time, Polaris was the pup that stayed home the most. Then it was the guy who ran the dog meat out of his machine. Then there are the guys who still have there old 3 wheelers that took care of their stuff.
Make the most of what you have.
I mean who really cares what you buy anyway? Really? Only you. So feel good about what you can afford to take off-road. It will get scratched and bloody if you hunt.

Old 11-14-2005, 08:17 PM
Pro Rider

I'm with Mudnuri on this one. I was hunting too with my oldest boy on Saturday (his first time) and didn't see any quads for good reason.
By the time you field dress them, you should be able to carry it, drag it, or stick it in a freakin cart. Why would I want to make a trail, scent, noise in the woods with a quad where I hunt to spook them away? Deer have memories and if you've ever seen that bobbing with their heads that they do, tryin to see if an area is safe or not, they wont return to an area if you give them a reason too. Why take a chance with a quad. Of course I like to get within 20 yards of them so scent and other signs are very important to me. But I guess if you're hunting with a rifle and dont have to/want to get close to them, get a quad. Personally I like the hike in the woods, it's good talking and scouting time with the kids or buddies. Thats how we knew where to set up our stand and see a nice 10 pointer on Saturday.

Old 11-14-2005, 08:23 PM
Weekend Warrior

I dunno much about this stuff but, these sure are ugly bikes. I wouldnt be caught on one of these.

Old 11-14-2005, 09:27 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: mudvayne
I dunno much about this stuff but, these sure are ugly bikes. I wouldnt be caught on one of these.
But you would post on a forum in which people own them? Sometimes you just have to wonder about these kids!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 11-15-2005, 09:35 AM
Pro Rider

" this machaine looks to pretty and to sporty" wow , what a review Pastor Boy ,You should write for some of the mags. You prefere
"rugged stuff"- what exactely does this mean? Were you raised buy a bunch of old ladies? " your stuff dosen"t win any awards in the woods?- what kinds of awards would you like it to win? and you keep talking about "stuff " - what stuff. You got" Feminine "written all over you Pastor Boy.

Old 11-15-2005, 10:36 AM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by: Pastor
Alter ego's...i must've missed it on that one. The original post says it all. If you guys have a problem with that I don't know what to say. Out of all the responses....1 guy from Wyoming had something intelligent to say.
Told you he "forgot". lol

Old 11-15-2005, 12:09 PM
Trailblazer

This pastor girl is an idiot why bother even responding to her!

Old 11-15-2005, 12:39 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I don't understand the point of any of this conversation, the damn thing has not been out long enough to develop any real presence anywhere.

but the videos and infomercial on this machine clearly show to have the utmost towing ability, the extended two seater versions (much like the arctic cat two seaters) offer more rack space and a longer wheel base for climbing steep grades with game or gear on the back preventing the front from lifting much better, and the independant rear suspension and ground clearance are clearly the best way to crawl over logs and rocks with minimum cargo shifting. Not to mention EFI for elevation changes.

if I was buying a quad for hunting, the extended length two seaters from BOMB and CAT are two machines I'd definitely put high on the list, for both the added space but more importantly the longer wheelbase!

but then there are duck hunters who have their quads sitting in 2 feet of water for hours and hours, all day even, with water up to the motor and tranny, and ALL experienced duck hunters in the cypress swamps where I've been will only swear by a manual shifting transmission to avoid issues with moisture in the belt drives.

if you don't like it then you don't it, that's fine, but its silly to base anything on a lack of knowledge.

Old 11-15-2005, 02:39 PM
Pro Rider

Pastor you're either 10 years old or simply blindingly ignorant. You "don't see a lot of hunters, guides and true backwoodser's using them" because they've only been out in limited quantities for a few months and they've only sold a few thousand units the last I heard.

You seem to seem to have this weird predilection for stirring sh*t with baseless and ignorant "observations" and then fall all over your self apologizing to people when they call you on it. How about for once having a reasonable discussion about the bomber or a KQ or whatever. Something based on facts and not on your feelings or subjective BS like "I don't see a lot of hunters, guides and true backwoodser's using them blah blah blah therefore they must suck". I don't see many Bombardiers around here or Arctic cats for that matter. Is it because they aren't good ATVs? No, it is because they don't have an extensive dealer network in my area. Here it is all Hondas, Kawis, Yamis and to a lesser extent Suzuki and Polaris ATVs because they are sold locally. I have no problem is lively and spirited discussions on the actual technical aspects of an ATV such as IRS vs. solid axles singles vs. V-Twins or even the more subjective topics like ride and how certain machines perform in various conditions. I don't see any value in your brand of sh*t stirring. We won't even get into your aversion to legitimate criticisms of your machine. You don't even want people to discuss those kinds of things. It makes you feel bad about your purchase and it might have an effect on the resale value. You know, the ones where you shove your fingers in your ears and holler la-la-la-la-la when you don't want to hear actual facts. Most people don't want a rah rah cheerleader circle jerk when it comes to learning about their machines or when they're deciding on a 6-10 grand purchase. They want facts and educated observations not this idiotic and childish brand loyalty. It reminds me of the whole ignorant ford vs. chevy thing which has to be one of the silliest things in modern culture.

I know you're all ghey for your King Quad and believe there has never been and never will be anything better but use your d*mned head. Sheesh.

Old 11-15-2005, 02:54 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

My rule. Never buy first year production of anything.
Many Hunters/guides/ whoeverelse follow the same rule.
who wants to be R&D outta their own pocket book. gotta have more money than me.

I would suspect 2nd year of production they will have significantly better sales as they should have more of the kinks worked out.

Quick Reply: If hunters don't use 'em...I won't be buying one