CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Is the 730 kit worth the $$$$

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 02:09 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is the 730 kit worth the $$$$

Originally posted by: THEBOM
Im about FAST FAST FAST IF ya can build me a bigger badder faster SHOW ME and I will get out the checkbook and kick some HPR butt!!!! I dont see it in the near future BUT prove me wrong cash is on the line!!!!![/quote]

SHOW ME !!! LOL You forgot I'm from MO.

I've already beat the 800hpr with my 725, motor for motor with lots of eye watching. I have ran the same 60 ft as your bike at Planet Sand race with a bad cylinder and 200lbs heavier. Your bike with the same weight as me and my bike, well you know what would happen. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

As far as the money goes, give to MrHp and company, they need it worse than me.[/quote]

Jeff was it a bad cylinder or bad rings?

Old 12-18-2005, 02:25 AM
Pro Rider
THEBOM Racing. If it don't scare you a little, it's not going fast enough !!!

I think it was a combo of both.

It held through the last race at Sicily Island. I guess thats a good sign. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-18-2005, 03:47 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: THEBOM
I think it was a combo of both.

It held through the last race at Sicily Island. I guess thats a good sign. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Yah thats a bummer about the pami cylinder & rings. I remember you telling me at the races about the new type, style or something about NOS rings you installed before the planet sand races that was the problem. I didn't know that there was also a problem with the cylinder. What did you have to change on the cylinder & rings that you made it thru the Sicily Island races & not the planet sand races.

How much more HP does the pami 725 kit do over stock or built motors? There has been alot of talk about big bore cylinders & is it worth the $$$$

Old 12-18-2005, 05:11 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

LOL

Old 12-18-2005, 01:39 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

All Righty Then!

Old 12-18-2005, 02:20 PM
Pro Rider

All things being equal should give a 10% increase just from cc's. Thats what my builder told me. So how much would it cost to get 10% more from what you have now or could you? Thats what you have to ask yourself to see if its worth it.

Old 12-18-2005, 02:28 PM
amd
Pro Rider

Yeah all things considering more cubic inches will yeild more power. Like has been said before take the exact same motor add cubic inches and it should make more power, all things considering. Is the 730 kit worth the price to me, not really. Get the price down to about a grand and maybe. I have always been one to want to make power out of smaller motors. To me it is just more fun, anybody can make a big motor go fast. But it is a little more dificult to make a smaller motor do the same. I have ways in making up for the lack of cubic inches or cc's. Its called NITROUS!!!!!

Old 12-19-2005, 12:52 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Guys like Choose are in good shape. Fine tune the Chassis until you are lighter and slicker than everyone else, then all you have to do is buy the HP R&D by squeezing an 850 stroker w/ NOS in that package. Lots of guys are running big HP and it is easy to get thanks to the hours of R&D by HPR and others. We just have to write a check for it now. Chassis R&D has been running behind with most builders and that seems to be getting more focus of late.

I started my build with a Race head with 40/34 valves, mild porting, 13:1 piston and web 109's. With the stock carb it had less bottom end than a Banshee but the top end was phenominal!!!! The motor had a hit like a YFZ450. It just felt fast, marginal duner though. I started trying to solve my bottom end deficiency by buying a manual carb that didn't require vacuum to open it. I believe the cams weren't allowing me to create enough vacuum to get the carb going on the bottom end. The 46mm Lectron helped a bunch. It smoothed out the power curve by giving me the most gain on the bottom due to my circumstances. The DS didn't feel as fast as it did before but it was actually running quicker. I then had the head ported with a full on race port, added HP4 cams and a 48mm Lectron. I got quicker yet. I then added the 730 kit. I maybe picked up a half a bike length against the guys I usually race with the 730 kit. The original race head gave me close to three bike lengths. The more I increased the power the smaller gains I saw by the steps I took and the money I spent.

Is the 730 kit worth the money? That would probably depend where in the build you put it and what you plan to do with it because an increase of 10 average hp (or 6 if you already had high compression in stock bore) is a much greater percentage of stock hp than it is of a fully built race motor that is still stock bore. Think about that statement because it is key IMHO!

I will say that even at the end of the build where the race performance gains were much less, the play performance was sooooooo worth it! I can let the rpms down unbelievably low on a steep sand dune, hit the gas and resurrect that motor at an alarming rate. The power is so smooth, I can get by better with my +4 Ace Fab swingarm than i did before the 730 kit. I can still bring the front tires up in all but 5th gear on the open dunes but the improvement is found in that I have more control over when that front comes up. The "hit" was all but eliminated, yet I am running a bit faster on the hill. The DS is much more flexible for duning and tree shoots and more predictable on trails.

Hope this is of some value because it took me a hell of a long time to type it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] And it cost me a pretty penny to gain this real life experience to.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Good Luck!

Old 12-19-2005, 01:21 AM
Pro Rider
THEBOM Racing. If it don't scare you a little, it's not going fast enough !!!

Yah thats a bummer about the pami cylinder & rings. I remember you telling me at the races about the new type, style or something about NOS rings you installed before the planet sand races that was the problem. I didn't know that there was also a problem with the cylinder. What did you have to change on the cylinder & rings that you made it thru the Sicily Island races & not the planet sand races.

How much more HP does the pami 725 kit do over stock or built motors? There has been alot of talk about big bore cylinders & is it worth the $$$$
The 830 has just been re plated and new piston and rings. I went back with the proven ring package just in case. I was trying a moly ring at the Planet Sand race. I have talked to some different builder and had different answers on the moly rings.

The Pami 725 kits pretty much can be done to what ever the customer wants. The full R725 makes 76hp. You can go mild to wild.

Old 12-19-2005, 03:53 AM
Pro Rider

Dsnut thanks for the first hand advice, actually this whole post is really helping me decide what i want to do with my motor. I'm only going to spend this money once so i wanna do it right the first time, now if i could only make my mind up to ethier do everything at once or one thing at a time.

Quick Reply: Is the 730 kit worth the $$$$