CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Results from MLK!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 07:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Results from MLK!!!

2big, I've been watching this unfold, and it's not going anywhere good... that's for sure. I wish that I had some magical words to make everyone happy. I don't and no one does. What I can tell you is that you may be taking this too personal. Before you start thinking that I'm ganging up on you, let me explain. I'm sure that there is more than meets the eye hear, and it's not my place to judge. But could it be that you are expecting too much out of a parts retailer? Specifically (and I really don't know the back ground), if you take the absent phone call away, and you take the lack of help (or the amount of help you expected) away. Are you then in a better place?
My wife has a problem of placing HER expectations of how things should be handled, on other people. She is constantly thinking that So & So should be reacting or acting like she would. Whether she is right or wrong, needing people to act as she would is at best..... unrealistic. I spent hours on Bomber's bike. I wasn't asked to help early that night, but I was asked to help the next moring. I helped and got their juice flowing again. Eric and Randall only knew me from the phone. In fact, you should have seen Randall's face when he finally put a face with a name. That was funny. I'm sure that he felt BigFoot DID EXIST!
I'm telling you this story because I didn't get a phone call either. Not the next day, or the day after. I called them for something else, and was presently greated with a big THANK YOU. I didn't expect that. Call it confidense, call it secure. I knew that I helped and really didn't expect anything more. I think that at some point, you have to be satisfied with that and happy that you could lend a hand. I'm sure that I don't know all the "in's and out's" but take a step back. Is this really that big of a deal. I know that you spent a ton of money. And we know that you expected more. At the end of the day, do you really think it is an attempt to isolate you from the crowd. I can tell you that when I showed up at 8:30 Sat. night Randall, Eric, Glen and MANY others were just about done! Pretty much just spent. They were at there witts end and didn't have the answers. That's when I stepped in. Is it possible that the neglect was nothing more than trying to keep to the business of winning at hand. Certainly EVERY other pilot would be working on their bike ONLY if they new there was a problem. Sandbomber has been given that bone. Maybe it's time to pass a couple more out.
Please don't take this wrong, I'm just trying to be ANOTHER mediator and get us all back to where we SHOULD be.

Last but not least.... TALK to ERIC and Randall. Man to Man. I'm sure that all is not as it seems.

Good Luck Man, I really hope that you are doing alright. Again, If I'm ever around and you need help. Say the word and I'm there for ya.

Dune Me. That was funny - I don't care who you are.

Old 01-30-2006, 07:52 PM
Pro Rider

this all started becouse of people making fun of another guy just becouse he blew his motor and i cared. the only thing that brought you and randal in this was the name hpr.there is a certain group on here thinking i went down there expecting something from you guys. you guys said it would be nice to meet me as well as me meet you to see where im spending my money. so i took the invitation becouse you guys were worried about not having some 25 to run. i brought all 3 of my bikes down there and did exactly what you ask. could you use them as backups if something happened to break down and i gave them to you. what everyone is overlooking is they were being tuned so you guys could use them its not like i was gonna bring them home and run them the way they were set up. you saw how i had the suspension nice and stiff sor my big butt. those bikes were turned over to you guys so you had something.do you honestly think i would strip them down like you guys asked just to go chase coyotes across the desert. how many bikes did you see chasing coyotes across the desert in the middle of the night with a flashlight strapped to one of the bikes without any front brakes how many? 2 both of mine. i built these bikes to ride whether its drag, chasing rabbits and coyotees. or trail riding. the only time i was concerned about the bikes is when the oil pressure guage exploded and dumped the oil out, so what did i do . fixed it glenn and you guys said ther e was no smoke coming out of the exhaust so what did i do. get on it and chased coyotees. then over at the hill after about 10 passes up the hill it started burping a little fluid out the overflow, what did i do . let it sit for a couple minutes ran it up the hill 3 or 4 times just to make sure it was alright for you guys. just like the 25 10 they wont pull me up the hill.but i bought what i thought was best from you guys at the time. just as with your drag pipe it ended up costing me 550 but it was about going faster. everyone made this out to be my hidden agenda with meeting you guys at glamis, the only agenda i had ws to meet some new people and hang. racing is not my life where i know alot of you make a living from it. i just have a need to go fast and im not afraid to rock the boat or go down with the ship alone when it starts to sink. and for those who thinks its all about the money with me your all wrong its about being honest. wheres the pipe gone 450 after using it one time, where is the 25 ten paddals gone 50 dollars and some nitrous bottles so as you all can see its not about the money. i buy ds parts out of utah becouse i refuse to buy parts 15 miles away from me due to crappy customer service. i could have went 4 hours down the road and had ron woods build my motors, but i took a chance with you. there is no need for apologies phone calls or anything like that . im not mad just a little disgusted with what occurred. everyone else is what brought the hpr name init when you open new accounts say with a jug manufacturer do you check them out before dealing with them. yes you do. when someone comes into your machine shop and says i want to order ten thousand pieces of so and so i need you to machine them. do you check them out yes you do. this was the same for as it was for you a buisiness trip. your promoting your buisiness to make it prosperous. well in the same way i did the same thing since i paid you guys that money and im promoting you everywhere i go and drumming up buisiness for you why shouldn't i have the rite to see whats going on up close and personal. as far as my email being released i did not say it ws you guys but all this started as soon as i posted the way i felt. im not scared of the threats nor am i intimidated by them. i am a person searching for the truth and what is best for me. you have followers and then you have leaders. do you know why they mix a few goats in with the sheep when they graze on cliff sides the sheep are the followers once a stampede starts among the flock if one jumps off the hill all will follow they throw a few goats in there becouse they are smart enough to know not to follow and jump to there death, by doing this it will save most of the flock. i have never been one to follow , i do my best to try to lead the ones interested in what little knowledge i have so that what ever they do they to can be the best at whatever they decide. as far as being the fastest out there i could care less, but atleast i know that one day i will be one of the fastest. and ontop of that to me its not about competition becouse you tell me what being the fastest at the river bottom gets you? nothing it got me nothing but some great conversation and i was able to meet some nice folks. cardiac and his family. where else you gonna go to see a busa run against a 730 on nitrous. did i care my bike lost by 15 lengths no i found it quite amusing to see a quiet little kitten purr all the way over there then when it took off it turned into the ferocios beast. it was funny. i did not get pissed off. some people who think they know me by what i post are so saddly mistaken. i need no apologies becouse these are just all our opinions and the way we really feel.

Old 01-30-2006, 10:33 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Let get this resolved real quik and simple.

All 2BIG did was get pissed because he thought some people were being unsportsman like... He was just stateing how he felt about this as far as being a tight knit community and he though some people were talking smack.. Maybe he POSSIBLY missheard, MAYBE not I cant decide that only Scott knows. From the sounds of it Scott thought they were talking about Ray and was just standing up for the cause like a man should. We all should sweep this under the carpet and get to racing. TOO many things come across wrong on the net. jmo

OH, And I think the real reason 2BIG got the 730 kit is because a coyote got away from him on a high speed chase ans he needed more power. LAMO! Im gonna chase some coyotes but I hope to get the holeshot on them!!

And thanks for the GOAT/sheep info, That was interesting... honestly. I didnt know that.

Old 01-30-2006, 10:57 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Where is Big Mike when ya need him for a group hug!!!!! LOL Lets all kiss and make up...........hhhmmmmm oooouuuucccccchhhh uucccckkk never mind LOL Mario got me a new idea!!! How about a sheep ranch [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] cheaper than pigs [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-30-2006, 11:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Im still around!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-31-2006, 05:25 AM
Pro Rider

I am not sure if I read that right... Who asked you to buy 25x10 paddles and the HPR drag pipe? Who asked you to remove the headlight and front brakes? HPR asked you to bring your quads as back ups?

Old 01-31-2006, 10:48 AM
Pro Rider

here is the deal im not mad, all i did is state the facts, All of you that think i had a hidden agenda were wrong. i was invited down to glamis and my bikes were turned over to them as if they were theres, i got the 25 , drag pipe.from randal. he was trying to find the fastest combination. mobody force me to buy the tires i m a grown man, i just dont think there was much thought in how much i weigh, as i jumped the gun on lrgmouth you all jumped the gun with me having a hidden agenda, the guys [hpr] wanted me to strip the bikes down of anything that doesn't make them go fast, lights, brakes, front bumper heal guards etc. the ntrous bike was a back up for glenns in case it went down, and the other one was to run in the other class. i was offered a rider before i got to glamis but to be fair to hpr i told them they could pilot them or put whomever they felt like. as far as agendas i went down there to see who i was spending my money with and who i was promoting. and at the time planning on dropping another 20000 or so. i have been putting these things together for a short time now and i did them just for fun and to give me something to do, not to follow and enter into every drag that comes along. when a person is getting ready to spend this kinda money with a co. you want to check them out. I built my first 730 after watching a video not even test driving one. what you are all missing is the hpr side of this thing rite here. everything i have stated on here is the truth, so if you want to blast me for having the smarts to check out a buisiness that i thought i may have an interest in thats fine we are all entitald to our opinions. as far as ray i wish him the best, its just like war our soldiers get killed by friendly fire and its sad, im sorry for those who got caught up in my friendly fire, becouse when i start shooting everyone gets wounded. even myself. i know for a fact that my hpr relationship has been strained and i know my relationship with alot of you has been strained becouse of this ordeal. like i said quit asking me the ? and ask hpr if what i stated is true or not? Glamis was a buisiness trip on both sides. im not rich so i have to spend my money wisely, and i dont want to have to throw a motor out becouse i did not check into the co. first. I would not be surprized if anyone would ever build me a motor now knowing how up front i am and how i would rather lay it all on the line that way everyone can see the facts not just my side and the 900 other people who chimed in on hidden agendas. Eric or Randal can let you know if i am making this up or not. As far as the phone call i will be talking to them today. i just wanted it all cleared up on here so you could all see what was going on behind the scenes and not just thinking i was expecting more than i got. i would like to wish hprthe best of luck in there future. and as afr as me i dont know what im gonna do, maybe i will get me a craptor.

Old 01-31-2006, 11:50 AM
Pro Rider

2big,

Forgive me, but it sounds like people up all night fighting for their business, and afterwards, nervous laughter was misinterpreted as mockery. No one takes a turbo lightly and a competitor like yourself either. Its like a final exam you barely kept from getting kicked out of school.

It does sound like you got the raw end of the deal. But don't let this crap eat you up inside. Just make your decisions in the future accordingly. I'm the same way, so I can understand. If you really feel good doing it this way, then right on, give'em hell.

Old 01-31-2006, 12:28 PM
Pro Rider

2Big, man i hear where your coming from. For the guys that found it funny that another ds blew its motor while repesenting the ds community, thats just horrible!!!! I have no use for an IDIOT like that. As for eric and HPR, i spent Quite a bit of money with TVI and a quite a bit of money with RWR, and i cant remember them calling me once to check on how my parts were working out..i do remember calling them and talking for hours about it...but i did understand that they were busy building other quads and somtimes prioritys have to be shifted around...with that being said, when i was having head gasket failures with my TVI motor, i called gary numorous times with no replys to check on how it was doing. talked to eric once about it , and he called me three different times to check to see if his idea about the cometic gasket was still holding up....by the way i didnt remind eric that i had bought his carb and a few other things from him. i just told him i had a TVI motor, so he really had nothing to gain by helping me out....i guess what im tryiing to say is , maybe he had alot on his plate at the races...He really does sound pretty genuine...

Old 01-31-2006, 01:14 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

This is a really big deal so I am going to throw down a quick post. Big Show, 98% of your post was very impressive. I know you know this isn't the time or place to get into our opinions simply for entertainment. I have to stand up for Randall though. I knew him before I joined this forum. I have been unbelievably impressed at how patient he is with my ignorance. There was a matter of a misunderstanding about some parts I ordered. Not only did he credit me for the extra parts I didn't order, he sent off the credit a week before his parts were returned to him. It was several hundred dollars, it was more than his margin on all of the parts I bought at that time. He has given me $10k in counsel, for which he has not received a penny to help me be faster, when I have only purchased $5k in parts. I could not be happier with his service to me.

2Big, everyone I know respects you. I don't think there is any question about your motives. No one with a soul could write what you have written unless it came from the heart.

Since I am not monitarily or emotionally connected to either of the issues at hand, I am going to throw down some questions that the answers to will clear up a ton of room for misunderstanding.

1) Do we know who specifically was laughing? (no names)

2) Do we know for positive sure what they were laughing about?

3) What was the straw that broke the camels back that caused you to want to leave Glamis?

At the very minimum, try to answer these questions within yourself as honestly as you always are with the rest of us. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

You said yourself that you have few friends and the ones you have are friends for life. You don't know me that well yet you saw enough to welcome me into the family. I hope you see what my motives are in this and trust them again. It doesn't matter if we understand the specifics of all that went on. There are many of us who have faith in you, Randall and Eric and if all three of you turn out to be the people I believe you to be, when you guys have your meeting things will be even better than before. I believe that.

This may not mean much but my confidence is with each of you. This would be a lot easier to sort through if there was a good guy and a bad guy involved. When there is no bad guy and a misunderstanding between good guys, it is really tuff.

Respectfully,

Ron

Quick Reply: Results from MLK!!!