CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Clash showdown!!! TheBOM vs HPR vs Finishline vs Craycraft vs Silverbullet?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 03:27 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clash showdown!!! TheBOM vs HPR vs Finishline vs Craycraft vs Silverbullet?

Originally posted by: Ds650RaCeR
is there going to be a stock internals class?
Classes are determined by chassis's in every class except the Utility class and in that Class the bike HAS to be a 4x4. All other Utility bikes will be forced to run in the 4-stroke OEM chassis class.

We will start implementing new classes at the next event. But the tree is cutting it short on this one and the classes have already been established.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-22-2006, 03:32 PM
Pro Rider
Default Clash showdown!!! TheBOM vs HPR vs Finishline vs Craycraft vs Silverbullet?

hmm.. well i got about 2 weeks or so to see if i will be able to take off or not.. im not promising anything.. but maybe my boss will let me.. maybe my lil nitro powered yfz will impress yall a little bit... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]!!

bigbird check ur pm's..

Old 02-22-2006, 03:40 PM
Pro Rider

cc1999

lol.....bump her up..

Listening to Mickey message on his answering machine, it's not looking good for me.

Old 02-22-2006, 03:52 PM
Pro Rider

Hey shotgun, if you do get a hold of Mickey, do me a favor and ask him if he thinks his 800 BB motors can handle the boondocker 30 shot. I would like to know just for peace of mind, what he thinks.

Old 02-22-2006, 04:23 PM
Pro Rider

Yes it will, if you have the heavier rods. some of guys running more than that.

Old 02-22-2006, 05:41 PM
Pro Rider

Well, my mechanic called she is ready, She got another 20 hp bump over what they were getting out of her yesterday. I hope those factory rods are good enough. I checked the FST website and they are included on the 900 kit but they are not listed as an included item on the 800 kit, His prices are still about the same as they were when I bought my kit from him 2 years ago about a grand for the 800 kit and cams. So based on that I am concluding that I still have factory rods. My mechanic builds race motors every day of the week and most weekends and could not remember one way or the other what we did 2 years ago. I hope they hold. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 02-22-2006, 05:46 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I will be totally impressed just to see a 4x4 with that much hp...let alone how fast it is...LOL! Man, that thing has to be sick. Be sure and bring the rest of your Kansans with ya. The more the merrier. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 02-22-2006, 05:47 PM
Pro Rider

Stock rods, 20 shot max......

Old 02-22-2006, 06:09 PM
Pro Rider

Well, its a little late to do anything about that now.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] We had to drill out the button from a 20 to what they were told would make it into a 30 shot. There is about a 10 hp variance depending on the tank pressure. 600 psi is good for 20 hp bump, they warmed up the bottle to 800 psi and got the full 30hp bump. They are looking into finding me a tank warmer to make sure I can hold that full 30 hp bump. Based on what you are telling me, I better hold off on the tank warmer. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-22-2006, 06:43 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: choosetolose04
I will be totally impressed just to see a 4x4 with that much hp...let alone how fast it is...LOL! Man, that thing has to be sick. Be sure and bring the rest of your Kansans with ya. The more the merrier. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
My mechanic test road it on pavement with its dyno tires (car tires) still on it, He said "Thats the fastest bleepedy , bleep, bleep , bleep , bleep , bleep quad he had ever been on. He said he hoped the sand will settle it down to where I can hang onto it. He said he was shaking when he got off bleepedy bleep thing. He said on pavement there no way to ride it on pavement penned it just wanted to stand up even at over 30mph, half thottle was about all he could give it. Coming from a guy who builds and races quads for a living,also for allot a years, I feel pretty good about my chances, at least in the utility class, especialy if Shotgun does not get his back from Mickey.LOL. Just kidding, when or loose I would love to see his run.

Last time we had it at the dunes it was no problem at all keeping the front wheels down, so I am sure I won't have any trouble even with the extra power just may have to shift my weight further forward. We are planning on test at the dunes up here next weekend I am pretty pumped to see what she will do now against some pure drag quads[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I am brining an okie with me, I am still realy an okie. I just work here in Kansas. I spend most every weekend back home in Oklahoma.

Quick Reply: Clash showdown!!! TheBOM vs HPR vs Finishline vs Craycraft vs Silverbullet?