CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

"Let's take this OUTSIDE"!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 08:38 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Let's take this OUTSIDE"!!!

Holy Cr@p! I almost made the big dipper with my emoticons in that last post![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-24-2006, 08:49 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

I hate to say it guys. I put in allotta laps on my track this weekend and i borrowed the neighbors DS to get a feel for it on the track.. well My raptor is much more at home in the woods track gettin 80' of air than the DS was. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] But dam they are comfy [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I almost bought it anyway just to have another quad [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-24-2006, 09:25 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nut just remember, theres always a bigger bottle in the trailer. But I cant blame you one bit, that thing should haul. After my last trip to the dunes in the rail, i'm pretty sure the ds is going to become all drag. I am having so much fun duning the rail I dont want to ride the ds, so it might as well shed some pounds. So i'll take the back bumper off, will that get me any closer?lol

Oh and i'm hip on the all motor class for fun too. Heck i'm sure i'll be racin so much you'll have many passes against me with and without the bottle. I'm hip on loosing, as long as i'm competitive.

Old 04-25-2006, 02:45 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

It does haul. I put the smackdown on every quad this weekend at CoosBay except one. It was an '06 Honda 450 with a 480 kit, cam, 13:1 with +4 swingarm, JJ&A axle and triple buff tires. He would jump me out of the hole everytime and I would gain on the hill very slightly but not even close to enough to make up the 2 bikes right from the start. Finally I quit racing when he jumped me. I would just sit there and wait for him to come back because I thought with an even start I could pull him. It never happened so i went to the top of the hill while he was on his way back down and YFZfryguy (Tony) my fearless pilot traded bikes with me and went down the the bottom. He raced the guy 4 or 5 times winning every race. The guy jumped out and Tony would pass him on the hill. Since Tony and i both have red and black riding suits, the guy couldn't figure out how e went from winning to losing all of a sudden. LMAO! Tony is about 60 lbs lighter than I am, lol.

I will post some video footage of me taking out a Banshee, 250R and YFZ450 as soon as Tony gets it to me.

This one guy on a Banshee that was quicker than my DS on the face of the hill, lost to me twice because he picked a bad line of whoops that got his tires off the sand just enough for me to take the wins. He was pissed when I beat him then shut my bike down to watch. I thought he was gonna yell at me for a minute there, lol. I proved my point and picking the right line is all part of the race[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Had there been no whoops, he would have taken me though.........

Good times............[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-25-2006, 02:59 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Rail bug got you too eh Viper?

Finally got it out last weekend. . . hammered the heeeeeeck out of it. Ended up breaking the drive chain while going all out over some whoops. . . luckily it was at the end of the day. Looks like the chain and the chain roller are the only things that suffered damage. I'll have to take some pictures of the chain. . . impressive how it got tore.

My buds were giving me a hard time because I only rode my quad once. I still plan on riding the DS at full weight but, this rail is a serious bug.

I only scared a few people [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Still laughing at the site of one of my bud (about 270 lbs) as I came around the back-streatch of one of the big bowls in 4th reaching for 5th seeing him cross his arms and grab the seat-belt on his chest. . . . . not once but twice. . . Took out another buds Wife and she gave me the. . . "that was a little too fast". . . I kinda forgot to ease into it. . . went right from camp to Wide Open Throttle. Poor girl. . . kinda felt bad. . .

Jeff brought his new rail out. . . OMG. . . awesome. . . I didn't get a chance to get in it for a ride. . . probably a good thing for the bank account. . . yeh right. . . I can only wish!

Can't wait to get up to St. A's this July. . . counting on you guys being there???

Old 04-25-2006, 10:35 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nut, them are good times. I always like the "hey I didnt know them big ol things could go that fast"!!

Duneme, NICE!! Glad you got that thing out there finally. I wait for the chance to ride in that thing. I blew out second gear sunday morning trying wheelies. But heck what do you do? But it is to much fun, and actually pretty fast. Not in the league of yours by no means, but what a blast!

Old 04-25-2006, 12:59 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DuneMe
not once but twice. . . Took out another buds Wife and she gave me the. . . "that was a little too fast". . . I kinda forgot to ease into it. . . went right from camp to Wide Open Throttle. Poor girl. . . kinda felt bad. . .
HMMMMMMMMM I am trying to decide if your a quickdraw mcgraw seeing how you felt bad and all. For your sake I will look at it like this. If your gunna give it to her, give it to her fast and hard. Breaks em in right doing it that way. Shows em what there in for. So hopefully you stepped up and did like a real man would.

Old 04-25-2006, 01:08 PM
Pro Rider

Now as for the shizz talking. I havent seen good shiz talk yet in here. 2big2fast got off to good start.

So 2b2f, you got a secret weapon huh????? I got one too, how bout you bring yours on up to DSdays and we'll line up. Me, you, and Major's buttlixxer1000. Mario, you can get in on the action too if ya want. Better bring a MONGO sized bottle if ya want to even compete though. Bout time we trade some sand on a hill!

secret weapons aside. I got a slow a$$ banshee for ya Jed if you want to get a taste of one of them!!

Old 04-25-2006, 01:18 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Originally posted by: DemonDS
Now as for the shizz talking. I havent seen good shiz talk yet in here.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I said the DS is nothin compared to my raptor on my woods course [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-25-2006, 01:20 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
Originally posted by: DemonDS
Now as for the shizz talking. I havent seen good shiz talk yet in here.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I said the DS is nothin compared to my raptor on my woods course [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Bring it on man. I will take you on any woods course. After my pig smashes that poor little raptor into a tree, there won't be nothin' left to race with haha [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]