CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

"Let's take this OUTSIDE"!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 01:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Let's take this OUTSIDE"!!!

Originally posted by: Crash20
Originally posted by: sandbomber
Originally posted by: DragonDJ11
We are trying to find all of that out. It is an '88, with a full Toomey Kit and a couple other things I am not sure of yet. It sounds good, and revs out fast. She needs a bit of work, and some cleaning and tuning and shee will be a champ
How fast do ya want it to go?????? LOL
The faster the better is all I have to say. Hey Nut..No it does not have a swing arm yet. Can not wait for sunday to see how she will run in the sand. Should be good though. Waiting to her back from the guy that did all the work to it. I am really interested in finding out everything she has. Like Dragon said she revds up fast and sounds like a champ. Bomber once i figure more out of what it has I will probably be given ya a call to make her even that much better[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
I feel a Twister coming to town!!!

Old 05-05-2006, 04:03 PM
Pro Rider

Could be some fun

Old 05-07-2006, 03:50 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Well I am really looking forward to hearing about your weekend Dragon and Crash![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I hop that thing rips!!!

I did one more ride today before I pull the head off to improve the porting and valve work. I met Dunitiludie today. Great guy with a lovely wife.............who can obviously rip on that 690 Raptor of hers[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Dunit's DS is impressive. It pulls really strong once you get out of the hole so the motor is setup well. Seat of the pants I would say he is running about a 55hp machine on stock bore. I would love to see him get his hubs machined to handle a Yamaha bolt pattern so he can run 8" wheels and 520 chain conversion. I also hope he will let me talk him into not lowering his gears from what they are. If the bike gets geared down anymore, 2nd will be a granny gear and he will have to hit 4th right before the top of the bigger race hills. The extra shift, lack of bottom end in 4th at the end of the race and the extra spin instead of hook with the lower 2nd gear I think will slow the bike down on the hill.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I think if he does these things the bike will really launch out of the hole and that added to how strong it pulls the hill will make him hard to beat...............even for his wife on that sick Raptor!LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Good to meet you Mike![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

My bike did great. I got to hand out some moppings and be the center of attention at the South Jetty hill in the afternoon today. If the hill was 50' longer I would have half hilled the stock, but piped Banshee's that were running. Not meaning to brag but everytime a DS hands out a mopping to a two stroke, the whole DS community wins. Everyone is always so surprised to see a fast DS. That is the reason I chose the DS in the first place. Fast YFZ's are a dime-a-dozen![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I should be posting some video clips of my DS at the race hill when I was at Coosbay a couple weeks ago. If I am smart enough to upload them[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 05-07-2006, 11:18 AM
Pro Rider

Ron.I think i may leave my gearing where it is for now and possibly go to a lighter tire and wheel set up to help with initial take off.I could not be more pleased with my stock bore especially considering that it is a full weight ds with the stock pipe and running a end cap.I will be searching in the future for a quiet pipe that produces more power than my end cap but for now it is adequate.The 520 chain conversion sounds very interesting as a way to reduce rotating mass but i am not sure about the strength as compared to the 530 but i will research and decide.I was impressed with your 730 and it should do very well at ds days.I will try to make it next year to ds days and by then i should have my Baja all dialed in.My weight disadvantage (230) lbs is hard to overcome in a drag race but i still give it all i have and sometimes it works out sometimes it doesnt.If you dont mind me asking what did your bead to bead tires cost and where can i find them?I guess my comment to my wife yesterday about being done with my Baja parts is already out the window but i tried,really.LOL.I think that just as my Baja sits right now it could make a good showing at ds days but with one year of tweaking it will only get better.My wife is a very good and experienced rider who has followed me around on the dunes for almost twenty five years ,i feel lucky.

Old 05-07-2006, 01:18 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Mike,

You are right that bike of yours rips! I was highly impressed with it![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-07-2006, 01:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

You mean yall couldnt talk rcoop into joining yall for a day of fun in the sun. Im sure he would have blown the doors off of everything that was there. But it sure would have been nice to have his bolt-o bike around there annihilating people. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]. Atleast he would have made the DS community proud. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-07-2006, 02:14 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry choose i cant be everywhere im a lil busy racing in Riddle.

Old 05-07-2006, 02:45 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

rcoop,

You seem to be backing off your challenge to Choose. I don't blame you.........Spider bike is kind of skeery. So few people anymore actually finish what they start. At least we got to see what you're made of early on[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]...........or are planning to make good on your challenge?

Old 05-07-2006, 02:46 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: rcoop
Sorry choose i cant be everywhere im a lil busy racing in Riddle.

Sounds like you might be telling a bunch of riddles in Riddle....instead of racing...if your bike was half fast as your mouth you would be a threat. But I have met your kind before....run your bike, not your mouth. See ya in Nebraska. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-07-2006, 06:33 PM
Pro Rider

rcoop-If you are going to be at the Oregon coast this summer i would like to see just what you have to give you so much confidence.I dont have a dog in this fight but i would really like to see a bolt on bike run like you say yours does.If i were you i would keep in mind that there are a lot of very fast four strokes on the Oregon coast some of which dont look the part.Let me know .I could be a very impartial observer that will report what i see.I call them as i see them.